Archangel.Death

Doom

Name: Archangel.Death

Portrait: Ghost (the terran level 20 achievement portrait)

Unit Base: Ghost (one of two versions, neither of which are not likely to be possible. White, with Archangel Wings, or Black with reaper-type jetpack).

Type: Long Range Killing Machine

Script: "Classified."

Starting Stats:

Base Health 260

Movement Speed – 2.85

Attack Range – 6.5

Attack Speed – 1.75

Base Damage 68

Attack Name | Animation - IAWP | instant, same as Rancor's.

Base Armor 2

Strength – 24 + [4]

Agility – 36 + [7] *

Intelligence – 26 + [6]

--

Heroic Active: Aimed Shot

"Archangel takes careful aim for 1 - 0.03 *lvl seconds, dealing critical damage. If archangel is airborne, the range of this ability is increased to 13"

Cooldown: 7

Range: 9

Effect: a free critical hit, and additional range for one shot. Great last-hitting ability, and excellent with Lethal Barb. Nice for harassment too.

--

Ability One: In the Zone (passive)

"Each time Archangel lands a critical hit, he gains additional weapon range and weapon damage for 3 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times, with each critical hit refreshing all stacks. If Archangel is airborne, you can have an additional 2 max stacks of this ability."

Level 1: 0.5 additional range, + 10 damage per stack.

Level 2: 1.0 additional range, + 15 damage per stack.

Level 3: 1.5 additional range, + 20 damage per stack.

Level 4: 2 additional range, + 25 damage per stack.

Effect: weak early on, but when you can get critical hits continuously, it is + 6 range, and +75 physical damage.

--

Ability Two: EMP Round

"Archangel fires an EMP round into an area of effect of 2.5 units, silencing all units, be they friend or foe for several seconds. Enemy units hit by the EMP are revealed for twice the duration. If Archangel is airborne, the projectile speed of this ability is doubled.

Energy Cost: 100/125/150/175

Cooldown: 20

Range: - 12

Level 1: Silences for 0.75 seconds.

Level 2: Silences for 1.5 seconds.

Level 3: Silences for 2.25 seconds.

Level 4: Silences for 3 seconds.

Effect: The area of effect is small, so you will likely not catch more than 2 enemies, unless you are lucky. Has a projectile speed, though it is quite fast.

Ability Three: Pinning Shot

"Archangel fires a pinning shot, which roots the first enemy it hits in place, and deals spell damage.If Arcangel is airborne, this skill can will guarantee a hit on a selected enemy, although it takes an additional 0.75 seconds to cast. Can still be fired normally if airborne., "

Energy Cost: - 85/110/125/140

Cooldown: - 15

Range: - 15

Cast Time: 0.25 seconds

Level 1: Deals 60 (+ 60% weapon damage) spell damage, roots for 0.5 seconds.

Level 2: Deals 120 (+ 60% weapon damage) spell damage, roots for 1 second.

Level 3: Deals 180 (+ 60% weapon damage) spell damage, roots for 1.5 seconds.

Level 4: Deals 240 (+ 60% weapon damage) spell damage, roots for 2 seconds.

Effect: the main ganking ability. A very good set-up skill for all sorts of skill-shots.

--

Ultimate Ability: Borne by the Wings of Death!

"For 10 seconds, Archangel flies up into the air to get a bird's-eye view on his targets. During this time he moves, and shoots 50% slower, but gains an additional 50% critical chance, and an additional amount of critical damage, as well as the ability to see and fly over obstacles. When airborne, all his abilities work slightly better."

Energy Cost: - 200/300/400

Cooldown: 120/100/80

Level 1: + 100% Critical Damage.

Level 2: + 200% Critical Damage.

Level 3: + 300% Critical Damage.

Effect: If ghost model can have the wings added, then he flaps them. If not..... well it's still a cool ability. Highly offensive ability however, you are not going to be able to run away, unless you fly over cliffs, due to your slow movement speed.

Final Note:

I went through roughly 20 prototypes for the ultimate, 3rd proposed AA sniper hero. This is the culmination of huge amount of work. If this gets implemented, I would be very pleased with myself and the developers.

Rofl do you like Weapon Range, don't you? I like it tbh, but I don't want to see an agi hero even more anoying and b*tchy than Nova xD

I want an AA sniper. These are all versions of it. My other creations have ordinary range. As for boiiy.... well at least no escape moves. Toxi, Darpa, Nova, Zera, Shadow, and even Tassidar have better escape abilities.

I want an AA sniper. These are all versions of it. My other creations have ordinary range. As for boiiy.... well at least no escape moves. Toxi, Darpa, Nova, Zera, Shadow, and even Tassidar have better escape abilities.

Ye but why you would need scape if you kill them before they are in range? smart hero is smart

Why would i ever Level up to level 3 ulti. Terrible. I mean look at that cooldown. 800?! Nice typo tho xD

Issues

Can Easily snipe a tower from about twice the range of it.

The Range can cap out to about 21.5 Attack Range? Which is nearly the range of Raynor's R. I guess Duran's Eye is a good item to just shoot them across map =/.

Attack Range granting is fine. But you have to make sure it doesn't get to insane properties. You can literally just root someone, then auto attack them from 15 units away. That is farther than Raynor's Silencing round.

21.5 Attack Range is about Double the the range of standard casting abilities. Your only way to counter this hero is to go Barb Armor and Global [or near global] Casting Abilities like Grunty + Cow + Rancor. Raynor wouldn't be viable since he is actually vastly out ranged, and nearly outranged on his ulti too.

Hurm, perhaps the ult giving so much range is not as good as I thought, lol. I guess I'll change it somewhat, to prevent tower getting owned.

@ Resi: Well, until he gets critical hits, he ONLY has 15.5 Range with ult, 18.5 with heroic active, lol.

@ Phyresis: murhr, you are right, sadly. I'll change it to something else. It's just that it had such synergy with W, and heroic active..... :(

EDIT:

Alright, first round of edits is complete.

-Changed to make E a skillshot that hits first enemy in regular mode.

-Ult no longer gives additional range, now gives a 50% crit chance at all levels, and also slows weapon speed as well as movement speed

-Changed heroic active range to just 9, from 3+ current weapon range. All abilities are now majorly improved when flying:

Q stacks more, heroic active has longer range, w has a faster projectile time, and e can be a non-skillshot at the cost of longer cast time (basically cancels out the change), however can still be used regularly, to aim at unseen enemies, or for just a quicker cast time.

I like the idea but here are a few suggestions.

Heroic active is fine

Q: Im not sure that 12.5 range is something that would get implemented, the damage stacking is fine, but I would change the range to be consistent along the levels. Keeping in mind that the largest auto attack range a hero has ever had (I think) is starscreams old fly mode aa of 8 units. So I would change it to 1 range stackable up to 3 range, its still 9 range which means you can actually outrange towers, with this you would still be able to use creeps to get a crit, and then attack a tower for free.

W: Is fine, bearing in mind it does no damage, you could probably add some damage in I would say, lurkers q is a 2.2 second stun with a fair amount of damage, so I see no reason that this heros w cant have some damage.

E: seems ok

R: Seems alright as well.

I like the idea but here are a few suggestions.

Heroic active is fine

Q: Im not sure that 12.5 range is something that would get implemented, the damage stacking is fine, but I would change the range to be consistent along the levels. Keeping in mind that the largest auto attack range a hero has ever had (I think) is starscreams old fly mode aa of 8 units. So I would change it to 1 range stackable up to 3 range, its still 9 range which means you can actually outrange towers, with this you would still be able to use creeps to get a crit, and then attack a tower for free.

W: Is fine, bearing in mind it does no damage, you could probably add some damage in I would say, lurkers q is a 2.2 second stun with a fair amount of damage, so I see no reason that this heros w cant have some damage.

E: seems ok

R: Seems alright as well.

The whole concept is the AA's are superbly long ranged, and abilities are really only to set up attacks or increase their damage, similar to Cain. It is balanced in that he cannot just 5 shot you or whatever from the other side of the map. He has to get within 6 units of you, or use creeps or heroic active to get his attack range up. You cannot crit towers, so he would not be able to shoot one indefinitely.