what is your death worth

jamescossey

now I get yelled at some times for dying at times when ppl say it wasn't worth it. so what is a death worth. I like to think these are some good reasons to die.

One heroes death:

saving a carry from their death. killing off a T1 or T2 tower then dying to the enemy.

saving one of your towers if its over 50% hp.

getting aeon or levi.

getting a barracks. (building next to the T3 tower)

killing a enemy hero.

initiating for a team fight. (example like Jackson warping in and doing his thing)

Two heroes deaths:

taking out a T3 tower

Killing enemy team carry.

so what are your guy's oppinions of what a death is worth.

If you know your main quest: destroy Artifact, you can try very different strategies. I agree with everything except ( killing an enemy hero) and you die I suppose, I don't agree cause lack of info, where are your team, are lanes pushed or not levi aeon up?.

Many Mobas have same kind of guys interested in a street fighter situation or commandos. Aeon or Dragon in lol is a very common place for this. There are Aeon fights where both teams try to get the reward and there are stupid fights where reward was one side so that fight most of times gets 2 possiblities, you recover a bit or you lose more. Same things like warding, moving on lanes and so on, I really hate pubs when someone says: Go as team and I wait for his plan: Go together. Really I feel in a gay orgy most of the times in that situation, no map control, enemies know where we are so all map belongs to there and in any case we win a TF ( bravo) we can't push cause all lanes are pushed. Or if one lane is pushed and able to push, there s a murphy law, exactly in that moment all your team need to shop!!!.

@Reaper I agree if only speaking about Teamfight

I think of a death only worth it if the net mineral gain is either greater for your team than what the enemy gains from your death(such as getting Aeon so a 1250 min gain and as long as the enemies get less than 1250 through kill and assists) or if you make the enemy team gain fewer minerals than they would have if you hadn't died(you save tower but die, so they gain from your death and assists but not the 1k net).

However, this doesn't take into account experience they gain from you. A question that might help is how much do you value experience in minerals before level 18?

to prevent godlike? no...... To kill someone with a godlike yes.

generally speaking my death is worth it if I take 3 enemy heros with me.

levi, aeons not worth my death

initating with jackson and dying is worth it yeah

a t3 and a barracks and one enemy hero is worth it

Earlier I had a game where I had a very positive score, like 10-2, but the other team turned the game around with a superior late game team comp and I was forced to feed to win. This sounds contradictory, but I had to take down a tower even though my death was guaranteed, or push a creep wave even though I would die, or push into their base to get them out of my base even though I would die.

I ended up 10-16-xx but won the match despite the fact that we could not win a single team fight at that point in the game (1:20+ I believe).

I hate when people die going for first blood because they are too aggressive.

• If they get first blood and don't die, then I will type good job in chat on a good play.
  • If they get first blood and still die- it'll typically be worth it depending on assists on the kills.
  • If the player gives the enemy team first blood but still gets a kill then it softens the blow.
  • But I play pubs, so usually it's just terrible execution and the other team gets first blood and my team gets no kills. Not worth it. <--- This happens every other freaking game.

Bottom Line: It is worth it if your team gets more minerals through kills/assists than the opposing team after battles.

There is no cause great enough to warrent a death. Imagine a team fight where your team avoids dieing at all costs. Guess what, in every case you will see the enemy over extending themselves trying to get a kill. Sure you'll be called cats, but in a team fight I would rather have smart players who avoid death than "smart" player who thinks they can run into a group and take out a player and run out without a scratch on them.

As for jackson, if jackson has a team that knows jackson is going in for his combo, then jackson doesn't die. Infact as soon as jackson goes in an does his combo, the enemy team will be runing in a panic to avoice the aoe attacks that follow from jackons team.

I would much rather have a player with 2 - 0 than a player with 15 - 10.

I like your logic Loki. My comments are referring to the inevitable public guys who care so much about these kills. I'd rather they at least get a kill when they are going to die anyways. 15-10 is better than 3-10. OMG I hate when my entire team feeds so much and can't maintain at least a 0.50 KDR!!! It feels like drowning.

If you avoid death and run like a boii, you will lose all your towers and the game.

And if you overextend thinking you're captain falcon, you'll lose the game.

It depends on what your situation is.

Take the middle path. If your team comes out ahead, either in terms of money or strategic advantage, then it's worth it. If you die but get bonus for First Blood or ending a spree, then it's typically worth it. But if you're an anchor member of your team and you die, it may be a wash at best. But there's also strategic advantage. If you're a support and you die to kill the enemy carry, you've removed a significant threat from the opposing team in trade for an ancillary threat (yourself). That allows your teammates more leverage to push and exploit the reduction of the opponents' offense. But, first and foremost, is strategy and pre-planning. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. While it may or may not be worth it to die in exchange for an advantageous kill, it's better by a large margin to plan your attack in such a way that you get the kill without significant risk of dying. First rule of MOBA: never settle for a fair fight. If you're going to go in, exploit numbers, terrain, vision, and whatever other factors are to your advantage. Learn when to go for the kill and when to let them fall back; even if they fall back to heal, you're taking them out of the fight for a short period which gives your team leverage.

There is no cause great enough to warrent a death. Imagine a team fight where your team avoids dieing at all costs. Guess what, in every case you will see the enemy over extending themselves trying to get a kill. Sure you'll be called cats, but in a team fight I would rather have smart players who avoid death than "smart" player who thinks they can run into a group and take out a player and run out without a scratch on them.

As for jackson, if jackson has a team that knows jackson is going in for his combo, then jackson doesn't die. Infact as soon as jackson goes in an does his combo, the enemy team will be runing in a panic to avoice the aoe attacks that follow from jackons team.

I would much rather have a player with 2 - 0 than a player with 15 - 10.

death is inevitable in aos. unless your just a kill stealing zera who runs in kills a hero who was already dead and runs away. never engaging in team fights. that or an early feed carry. but then someone is still dying. Now if you want to play a game where dying is never worth it you should try Starbattle. pretty fun game but when your dead your dead no coming back. as well as you wont die as long as you know when to run.