Recommended Item Changes

Darit

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add a Player Guide section into AoS?

• Yes
    • No
    • Work on something else more pressing!
  2. 2. Recommended...

• Starter Items
    • Core Items
    • Final Items
    • Leave as is.

This is not a rant post on saying "yargh update recommended items to more gooder stuffz!"

This is an idea to change the shop UI and the Recommended Items into something more akin to Dota 2, where it: lists off a general build; the items associated with said build; and if more users are active on the forums, a general strategy for that character.

Along with this change, a better idea (and easier) would be to work on some more varied starter items (possibility) and change the Recommended Items section to a Recommended Starter item section. A lot of players don't even choose items like Space Battery and other starter items like that, its mostly just "Choose Durans INT/STR/AGI, proceed to lane". We had a lot of choice for starting items back in SotiS (Beacons, Accelerator->Boots items, etc) and I'd like something similar to return, not necessarily those items.

Realize that this is no easy undertaking, and that my idea would be based off the old SotiS "Premium Guide" section, where if general consensus states that a guide is Great! then it could possibly gain a place in the actual game. Forum members could create a guide on the Hero, then a concise section for ingame purposes.

Thoughts on how to improve this or if its a good idea? Added a poll to get a "drop by and shout" method for those who don't want to participate.

Recommended item build for most heroes is just useless, and needs to be changed to a more up-to-date one, perhaps suggested by high-level players. Other than that, I feel that additional changes bring too little to the table, considering the time need to implement them.

I don't think, aside from the UI changes and whatnot, that the developers would have to do much. Instead of a dictator description (not saying ya'll are dictators) I think them 'allowing' people to make their own guides and then deciding on what the community says is valid/good/etc wouldnt be that difficult. The forum dictates what guides are good, and the dev's can just put it in. I could work on a UI or something in my spare time but I can't do much cause of military training.

flob beacos were so funny and good...

I would like to see a change on balancers, instead of giving 4 of each stat, change it to 8, so they wouldnt be so bad when you try to buy the stabilizer but you have to wait 1400 minerals and having 2 stupid components giving you 4 of each stat each one... that would make balancers maybe even a item for the early game (for exaple 2 balanzers, 1 balanzer 1 quantum spade...)

I would love to see Balancers be changed from 4 of all stats for 315 to 9 of all stats for 650, leaving the total cost and stats of the Stabilizer alone however.

That would actually make them a pretty good item, I never see anybody get balancers...

Though that would require changing how Khalis Weaver is overall; I do not see it as too much of a downside.

Agree woth Residente with Balancers and Stabilizer, days ago I were looking that and 5 Balancers doesn't match even not close to an stabilizer less if you compare with Bandits ( 2 Stabilizers) with no additional effect or not usually worth one like Bandits.