Timescale

CarlTheLlama

So... I'm confused. When I was reading about it I remember timescale as speeding up cooldowns, health regen, and mana regen (everything except movespeed and attack speed). But one of my friends says it affects attack speed and I've seen references to something about attack speed barriers... explanations?

I'm no expert, but from what i have heard (read) the timescale is equivalent to increasing all time, but decreasing attack speed and move speed an equal amount as the increase from the time. The attack speed barriers i believe you are referring to is cain's "e," if that is the case, then it makes the attacks under that a bit faster. I think i summed up any details i have picked up in an easy to understand way.

When u get timescale it lowers the atkspeed cap (makes u atk faster) but it doesnt show it in ur stats.

Thats exact reason is why HoM is such a good late game item because it gives timescale and a boost to atk speed, so when ur maxed that extra boost actually does something (if it didnt have timescale u wouldnt atk any faster)

in the galaxy editor, there is the property "time" on a unit. time affects how local time o nthe unit passes as compared to regular, game time.

for example, a unit with +100% time does everything 100% faster compared to anything else in the game. its the equivalent of choosing faster game speed instead of say, normal, when playing ladder - but in this case, only applying to one unit

now as for AoS

there is both time and timescale

time is exactly as stated above - it increases the speed of everything - movement, attackspeed, cooldown, debuff duration, etc: essentially the unit is moving at a faster internal clock then other units/the game itself. one exception is the duration of positive buffs -> those have been accounted for by ekcol so getting time does not reduce the duration of these buffs

timescale is like time, except ekcol has programmed it to also apply a decreases to attack and movespeed - so it is different from time. essentially, everytime you get a timescale buff, you are really getting a time buff, and an attack speed and move speed debuff.

this has a unique effect on the attackspeed cap:

if you grab a timescale item, you'll notice that your attackspeed shown when you mouse over your weapon "decreases". this is because of the attackspeed debuff placed on your unit to accomodate the fact that your unit has more time. however this attackspeed debuff doesn't actually "slow" your units attackspeed -> it just accounts for the equal increase you gained from the time buff, which doesn't show up when you mouse over the weapon.

Now, since the attackspeed cap is a flat amount dependent on the hero's base attackspeed, the resulting attackspeed debuff from gaining timescale allows you to get MORE attackspeed. in other words, gaining 10% timescale allows you to break the attackspeed cap by 10%, and so on.

Yo can test it very easy with tosh, get 1 spectre and your ult, buy 6 chilling artifacts, look the difference between your AS and the AS of the spectre, remember that you both have your max attack speed since i saw that i find time scale items very interesting on tosh

with time scale you can spawn your ulti lot of times, with 2 HoM, time sclae boots, pyre and 2 items u want, tosh is rly powerful, your ulti make you have true dmg, so if you have 6 khali blade or 6 teleports you will do the same dmg, that's why i think time scale is good on tosh, you will do even more hits, obviously you need pyre, because the passive work (i wish im not wrong) so with tons of time scale and only with pyre you will flob heros very quickly, the bad thing, is that when you dont have the ulti active, unless u buy extra attack speed u will have problems in fights, the good think is that with 40% time scale from 2 HoM and boots is that you will have your ulti rdy very quickly

ye but, in my opinion, Lighting rod is much better on tosh now than FoE, well FoE give a nice stats bonus and always i play tosh i like to buy pulse hammer for the active, tosh ulti in early game with the hammer activated is a rly nice slow, and with his Q he can slow after or before hammer and ensure the enemy cant scape unless he have blinks or he is near to tower

Archived