Pyre is needing of change.

Legacy

People keep complaining about the "TANKS ARE OP!" problem. This was caused of 2 things.

1: Pyre Nerf.

2: New armour.

Whats the problem with tanks?

Armor.

Spell Resist.

Pyre sux arse.

How to fix?

Pyre deals 20+(1.6%maximumhp) true damage with every hit.

Overall Stats:

Cost: 3200?

Stats: 30% Weapon speed

Unique: All attacks deal additiomally 20+(1.6%maximumhp) true damage with every hit.

Thoughts?

I think Physical Damage is the issue. Pyre is actually still pretty good. If you notice, if you get 350 Damage [About 3 items or more].

Major issue is that PYre damage late game is actually HIGHER than your physical damage. Lol wat?. I know =/. It just isn't as good early game because it isn't dealing as much damage since people don't have extremely high health, and don't have high Armor.

Early game you may be doing 80 physical damage and maybe 40ish damage with pyre. Late, late, late game, you may be doing 120 Physical damage and 200ish damage with Pyre... Meh

This item is still very very strong. It just is weak early game.

In some ways it can be similar to bandits artifice. Bandit's Artifice is a terrible item early game. But it much much more useful as a near final item than it is as a first or second item.

I doubt you would be doing more spell than physical if the enemy has decent spell resist, as most tanks will have, and I agree that pyre needs a change. Maybe in the way of a different ability on the whole, but still something to help deal with tanks. Maybe if it reduced the enemies armor on hit.

not a bad idea but now ur making pyre weaker then it is as spell damage. with 4k hp it will only do 84 true damage. as of right now it does 60 spell damage for every 1k hp. which is still strong. and armor didn't get buffed techniqually it got fixed. before you were leeching off damage before midigation now you are leeching off the damage you actually do which is how it suppose to be. for crit yes you do physical damage as crit but since you can basically do 50% of your damage as crit base, or 100% with kali blade. contamination shard adds 20% to your base weapon damage and 20% more for crit. then you got stuff like drapa and raynor adds another 30% to base as well as 30% to crit. those alone if added together is basically adding an addition 260% increase damage when your critting. the only difference is your not leeching your 50% of your 500 damage you dealth per attack. tanks do maybe 200 damage a second on average and dps like shadow use to leech 500 damage a second. 2 attacks per second, 250 leech per attack. since you cant leech that any more it seems like the tanks are op but in reality they are back to how they should be. tanks are still dying. I was tycus one game full tank build and a shadow owned me. full tank as in I had about 45 armor, (barb) and chilling artifact, about 50% spell resist and 4k hp. not to mention axe. the only tank out there when building full tanks that can hold their own and kill is probably drake.

But pyre does current hp which means it does alot weaker damage... Unless that got changed and i hadnt noticed, this item will be better if they are below hp, and they cant resist it.

Just because it deals a lot less damage, doesn't mean it is a lot weaker. Pyre use to be dealing roughly 350 Spell Damage. ONE ITEM was dealing almost more than a standard Auto-Attack with 4 - 5 items. If your having issues with tanks, i don't think Pyre is really the issue. The bigger issue is that the other items aren't as GOOD as pyre. I mean there are plenty of options to go. But pyre use to be the best option. And since the best option got nerf, people have a tendency to want it back. The Current health just makes it so you can't deal a massive amount of damage early game. About 5 hits = a Sunflare Gun activate. You can easily get 5 hits in 1.75 seconds. =/. And Pyre is an item that is supose to be counterable. There really shudn't be Uncounterable items in the game. One reason why i really dislike Parallax. People tend to say that Countering items with other items is the key. Well =/. I still find Pyre to be a really great item. I do think that Current health just changed it so that you can abuse it as you use to be able to early game. Honestly, it use to be the most over powered item in the game. And the nerf to it was needed. People just angry that their op item got nerfed. The AA items besides Pyre is needed.

If your in late game versus a tank. What item would you get if you were facing a tank and you could only have one item? I would definately pick pyre. If you picked pyre too, it is probably that the other items are just much worst. I think people tend to compare pyre to about 5 times stacked on each other. Sure you may be dealing 150 Physical damage to your 100 Spell Damage Pyre. But honestly where did that 150 physical damage come from? Thats about 450 before the armor reduction. Thats basicly +4 Attack items like Timesplitter + Pyre Weap + Khali Blade + HoM. =/=/=/=/. If you think Pyre is op, compare it to just ONE item. If you just have khali blade, you Auto-attack damage wouldnt be 400, it would be 200 or so. Pretty crappy damage, not to mention your lack of Attack Damage. [Pyre also gives 30 weap damage meaning that Khali only gives 40 more, cost a lot more, and also requires you to get crit items limiting your choices to be a glass cannon.].

armor hasn't changed. its the same its been for a long time. yes you can get armor up high. but you can get spell resist up high. the only difference is if your an agility hero you get even more. the only reason ppl have noticed that armor is so strong now is because it affects leech like it should. you only leech off the damage you do. instead of the damage you can do on a target with no armor. meaning when a tank gets barb, barb is able to do its job. that's why as an Auto attack hero you gotta mix spell damage in with your physical. were as if your a spell caster hero you don't have much of a choice because there is only one intel item out there with attack speed. so your stuck with casting at ppl who have 50% spell resist and 5k hp. and you have a 15 sec cd on a spell that's only hitting that target for 500 damage. compared to the auto attack hero who has 400 physical and 200 spell damage per attack, but because of midigation they are only doing 100 physical and 100 spell damage. which still ends up being 400 damage a sec, 2 attack a second more if you build for it. but over that 15 sec cd from the caster its 6k damage after midigation. so in reality there is nothing to boii about.

pyre seems fine to me.

Real issue is the effectiveness of Armor, and the best solution to that in my book is to reduce its scaling with AGI.

That would make AGI heroes too weak.

(I can't believe I'm saying that.)

I'd suggest reducing the general armour on most items, and maybe also spell resist, while introducing the change OP said. Constant extra damage > one stronger-than-AA damage, then barely any after.

People keep complaining about the "TANKS ARE OP!" problem. This was caused of 2 things.

1: Pyre Nerf.

2: New armour.

Whats the problem with tanks?

Armor.

Spell Resist.

Pyre sux arse.

How to fix?

Pyre deals 20+(1.6%maximumhp) true damage with every hit.

Overall Stats:

Cost: 3200?

Stats: 30% Weapon speed

Unique: All attacks deal additiomally 20+(1.6%maximumhp) true damage with every hit.

Thoughts?

if u wana deal true damage just build crit, all you need is kali blade and arc bound the rest of the items can be your standard aa