Purge the Old Character Guides

Darit

Due to the en masse necro of one forum member, it has come to the attention of myself that we have a *lot* of old guides that need to be A) Archived into a subforum, or B) Deleted outright.

Just a general clean up of the guide section to back in the old SotiS days where you had

Character Guides->(All characters subforum)->(subforum 2 with guides)

|

|->Archived Guides

|->Premium Guides

I don't believe that deletion really is the key, but archiving the guides so out of date that they are using Accelerators as a starting item or Stabilizers (still miss those) or the old talent build. Its something that I believe should be archived into a subforum so if people want to look at old guides for inspiration they can, but it doesn't look as sloppy as it does now because we have guides that are so out of date, a new player looking for help (who of those I encounter I regularly direct to the forums for help) isn't bogged down by antiquated ideas.

Stabilizers are still items... they cost 2050... and this forum shouldn't have any Resonator-builds as those were removed quite long before the transition to AoS...

But for the most part I think guides shouldn't be deleted; as Ironsights said. "Antiquated ideas"... generally, they're tried-and-true methods.

Are you Volunteering? The community doesnt have many guide makers and could use some more :/ I would post guides but i dont want to give out my secret op Builds ;D

Haha no sadly I do not have time for such things, I was pointing out how silly it is to ask for deletion of the few guides we have without first offering to replace them. A lot of work goes into writing a good guide covering different builds and playstyles and I am pretty sure we don't even have guides for some heros. Most guides are pretty out of date too. Not something that is easy to make and update and def not something we should throw out.

I think the reason we don't have more guides is that its not really that easy to do + takes a long time.

Need better access to game char stats and skills along with the various item images within the forums themselves to make it easier to keep things up to date. The Item database helps with posting builds but it is still a lot of work, and you def need the game open in another window to write up stats and skill info.

Are you Volunteering? The community doesnt have many guide makers and could use some more :/ I would post guides but i dont want to give out my secret op Builds ;D

The game has to stabilize if you want people to make guides. It's not very enticing when you don't know if your work will be obsolete 3 months later. I think we're going in that direction but it takes time.

@ Eliwan - Was it Resonator that I was thinking of? Brain malfunctioned lol. And by old ideas, I mean stuff that blatantly doesn't work anymore or a hero has had his/her skills changed so drastically that they just aren't even relative to the hero the guide is based on.