Kerrigan Ulti

Allstar

EDIT :

I accidentally deleted my original post while attempting to edit it. Briefly put, I suggested an Ultimate for Kerrigan that gets rid of the often complained about one while at the same time using her Human character model. I have put my thoughts for Kerrigan's Ultimate into a hero suggestion format. All of the numbers and ideas are open to thoughts and suggestions.

Sarah

Ultimate Ability: Sarah Kerrigan

"The Queen of Blades transforms into her human self, regaining long lost abilities from her days serving in the Confederacy"

Energy Cost: 150/175/200

Cooldown: 180/150/120

Lasts 15/30/Permanent seconds

Level 1: Sarah gains ability (Q) - TBD - Maybe One of the new abilities (Haven't played campaign yet)

Level 2: Sarah gains passive ability (W) "Alive again" for duration. Gains 10% Movement Speed.

Level 3: Sarah gains ability (E) - TBD - Maybe one of the new abilities (Haven't played campaign yet)

Effect: Incomplete thus far. Can not access Queen of Blades skills for duration. Heroic Passive still active. .

Wings of an Angel

Ultimate Ability: Wings of an Angel

"Distant memories fill the Queen of Blades mind as she loses touch with the Overmind and is temporarily engulfed in a light, returning temporarily to her human self. Fueled by sorrow of the massacres she commanded, her abilities and reactions are intensified as she gains increased range, and vision for the duration."

Energy Cost: 150/225/300

Cooldown: 200/150/100

Lasts 8/10/15 seconds

Level 1: Base Attack Range +1.50, Sight Range +2

Level 2: Base Attack Range +2.25, Sight Range +4

Level 3: Base Attack Range +3.00, Sight Range +6

Effect: Kerrigan has a golden aura for the duration. She can inflict damage from range while providing battlefield vision. Can not access Queen of Blades skills for duration. Heroic Passive still active.

Psychokinesis

Ultimate Ability: Psychokinesis

"The Queen of Blades is overtaken by Sarah Kerrigan's intense telepathic presence, returning to her human self temporarily. Sarah uses telepathy to indoctrinate the mind of the enemy."

Energy Cost: 150/225/300

Cooldown: 180/150/120

Range: 3 units

Lasts 8/10/15 seconds

Level 1: Target auto attacks nearest ally for 2.0 seconds, Target Attack Damage Increased +15%

Level 2: Target auto attacks nearest ally for 2.5 seconds, Target Attack Damage Increased +20%

Level 3: Target auto attacks nearest ally for 3.0 seconds, Target Attack Damage Increased +25%

Effect: Kerrigan controls the target enemies mind forcing that unit to attack nearby allies. Can not access Queen of Blades skills for duration. Heroic Passive still active.

I've not played the campaign yet but it has some interesting sounding skills.

• Apocalypse: 100 Energy, 3 Channel, 300 Cooldown. (This ability starts on cooldown.) Deals 300 damage to enemy units and 700 damage to enemy structures in a large area.
  • Spawn Leviathan: 100 Energy, 300 Cooldown. (This ability starts on cooldown.) Summons a mighty flying Leviathan with timed life that deals massive damage to ground and air units and has energy-based abilities.
  • Drop-Pods: 100 Energy, 300 Cooldown. (This ability starts on cooldown.) Delivers 40 Primal Zerglings, 5 Primal Roaches, and 5 Primal Hydralisks with timed life to the battlefield.

Firstly, Kerrigan's Ulti isn't that great currently and some folks on the forum have asked for changes or even a rework. Second, with the new character models a lot of us would like to see Kerrigan in human form. Perhaps plans are already made, but I have a thought. Combining ideas, Kerrigan's ulti could be reworked to a transformation from Infested Kerrigan to Human Kerrigan for anywhere from 15/20/30/60 seconds (whatever suits gameplay in the end) and have a completely new skillset fit for a human Kerrigan. Similar to the Wizard in Diablo 3 when using Archon Mode. If anybody is willing to talk about a serious build for this ulti I'd love to hear your thoughts. I am brainstorming currently and help/suggestions is/are appreciated.

Ultimates are not designed in a vaccum.

Kerrigan's current skillset is designed with positioning in mind. You can't just change the ult to something more powerful without tweaking the rest of the kit.

That said, I agree that it's a bit weak and would suggest that it slows all units in the area and cannot be interrupted while casting (still suppresses Kerri), but in exchange its cast time is brought back to what it was a few patches ago and the target area is revealed right at the start of the cast.

FruitNinja, not necessarily more powerful but perhaps more feasible. The added spells is only a thought too, as I said this is brainstorming. Another more realistic thought is to transform into Human form and it takes over more sniper/attack characteristics by increasing attack range and vision for the duration. Another Ulti could involve her telepathic abilities to reveal current positions of the entire team for 2/3 seconds by using the minimap symbol Kerrigan and the Hybrid Maar had in the WoL campaign.. I know ulti's aren't just randomly used or assigned but I'm trying to think outside of the box.

I think Kerrigan deserves a better ulti than a purple sperm blizzard.

Zeeeend, not a bad thought. I'll have to think about how that would work, but for now I have all this beer that I have to drink tonight... ... ... because I hate my job.