Back after over 2 years

Cthulhu

I used to play competitively with everyone on mumble back in the day when zyrkhan and Boros were way op. my friends dragged me away to LoL but now I'm back after playing 1 game today I'm hooked.

Location Florida, US

I mostly play custom/arcade games in SC2. (Desert Strike, Nexus Squadron, etc.)

First game I got raged at for denying creeps and went 4-0 until 1 person on my team d/c'd and another rage quit and another jungle camped (oh the nostalgia). I had the only kills on our team and went 6-4 until we lost. (Played as Toxi)

Doesn't anyone remem

Wasn't the reason you left the old forum bekause you were remowed as a moderator?

Espada, the shortest moderator reign in the history of the Internet? ? =)

Doesn't anyone remember the reign of Cronos? I guess technically it wasn't even a reign since he disappeared from the forums the same week he got the mod spot.

Doesn't anyone remem

Doesn't anyone remember the reign of Cronos? I guess technically it wasn't even a reign since he disappeared from the forums the same week he got the mod spot.

Well as I far I rekall a sertain Espada lasted what, like 2 or 3 days?

Kronos was still a moderator, he was just inaktiwe, he was offisially remowed from his position mush later.

Well as I far I rekall a sertain Espada lasted what, like 2 or 3 days?

Kronos was still a moderator, he was just inaktiwe, he was offisially remowed from his position mush later.

If a moderator has a position in AoS and no one knows about it unless they look it up, does he exist? Deep philosophical questions arise.

Let me rephrase, was Biotron OP in 5.0 and was it a good decision to autoban it ?

We never autobanned him. I think only Viron/Maar were auto'd back then and sometimes Garamond. Unix was pretty strong back then too. We banned Bio/unix/Erekul most of the time because of either their pushing power/spamming/escape mechanics etc. Tychus mid to late game with his ulti was annoying too of course. Drake late game as always was the strongest thanks to spell buffer, Micro was still micro, Egon was secretly op in pushing and supporting someone like Drake, Vespus had the OP slow/time scale reduction, Rory and stacking sfg's was the counter to Erekul/Tychus and ghost/raynor combo was ridiculously strong with denials early. Everyone else was garbage and never picked generally. The characters were fairly balanced I guess since everything could be considered op, but I think it was universally accepted that the most annoying thing we had to deal with was the creep mechanic in 5.0 before the entire community of 2011/12 crumbled (RIP).

dox, it doesn't seem like you actually remember 5.0, or bio.

He had the insane timescale while burrowed, and after consuming a minion, meaning no cooldowns.

He shap on all neutral creep in seconds, and they joined all the lanes and pushed.

His minions scaled like mad, while(as far as I recall) spawning more, at least with his knockback, perhaps with unburrow as well.

In short: He was impossible to kill and he pushed like a mad dog in heat mounting a boii.

Regardless of him being autobanned or not, he certainly wasn't underpowered :)

How could I forget. Every single game DaStarz played he choose either Biotron, Unix, Garamond or Erekul. His plan was never to lane against anyone fairly, but to just afk push. zzz, still we still never auto'd him. Instead we auto'd the game =).

Are you Espada? Yes or no?

If not, disregard ewerything. If yes, howewer :-))

Estrada showed up about 3 months before I left. I left not too long after 5.0 was release but I'm loving reading all this. I'm starting to remember everyone. I used to main biotron and thought he was a little op and then they nerfed him but it in no way made him UP. I think Estrada started his rant right about the time I left because I remember it vaguely.

Yeah and erekul, toxi, boros and zyrkhan were all bans when I was playing. It also depended on who was playing the IH since everyone knew who everyone was and who they mained.