more bosses?

Doom

I was just thinking that we lack variety in bosses. We have just Daggoth, and Aeon, the latter being pretty much a slightly stronger neutral creep that gives money for team instead of one player on death. Now, I am not sure where we would otherwise place new boss spawns,so I think we should just have a random boss spawn instead of fixed Aeon/Daggoth in one spot. This would sort of mitigate early protoss advantage with Aeon, and late Zerg advantage with levi, since bosses would spawn randomly. Additionally, we could add a couple of new bosses. For example, the Ash Worm makes for an excellent boss template, and possibly we could have a Terra-tron boss too.

Each boss would require a different amount of difficulty to kill, and give different bonuses. For example:

Aeon (easiest to kill, no bonus other than 250 minerals)

Ash Worm (second easiest to kill, 325 minerals, + 0.5% regen + 5% damage)

Daggoth (better yet rename back to Leviathan), (second hardest to kill, 400 minerals, 1% regen, 15% damage)

Terratron (hardest to kill, 475 minerals, 2.5% regen, 20% damage, 10% Timescale)

If boss is not killed within x amount of time, it will be replaced by a different random boss.

I made the suggestion awhile ago for aeon and levi to come out of their pit and move towards the middle of the river and start fighting eachother and each side would fight with and against a certain boss. Protoss-Aeon Zerg-Levi. Whoever slays the opposing boss first gets the buff. So its like a massive battle in the middle of the map.

I like the idea of multiple bosses (more than 2) and I really like the idea of some bosses roaming around.

I made the suggestion awhile ago for aeon and levi to come out of their pit and move towards the middle of the river and start fighting eachother and each side would fight with and against a certain boss. Protoss-Aeon Zerg-Levi. Whoever slays the opposing boss first gets the buff. So its like a massive battle in the middle of the map.

LOVE this idea although the bosses would need to receive major buffs when it happens to make it more fun. Aeon is a joke to slay compared to levi so he would need buffs from the start to keep it fair, and in the later game both would need even more buffs as many heros can solo levi (less fun of a mechanic if someone can just solo it)

If the bosses are even then it should force both teams to commit an evenish number of players (leaving some wiggle room for tower sniping on the sides during)

I suppose the only possible downside is that forcing a teamfight then rewarding the winner so they can go on to push towers while the enemy respawns could snowball, but we already have stupid amounts of creep snowballing from destroying base stuff so it wouldn't be that out of place really. Plus teams could opt to pull back instead of get whiped.

What about a boss progression system, when you kill one, then the next level boss spawns after a certain amount of time, then once the top boss has been killed it restarts the boss progression, make it active for both boss points, so it rewards venturing out and clearing the bosses, and gives each team the same control over each boss spot.

What about a boss progression system, when you kill one, then the next level boss spawns after a certain amount of time, then once the top boss has been killed it restarts the boss progression, make it active for both boss points, so it rewards venturing out and clearing the bosses, and gives each team the same control over each boss spot.

I think this is a better solution than the OP, simply because random bosses don't really add to gameplay.

Whereas, if bosses became stronger as you took them down, then rushing them might be a good way to deny a losing team the bosses in exchange for making the bosses far easier to contest (assuming their damage, armor, and health are balanced as to not make them as easy as daggoth is now). A winning team could just as easily lose a teamfight (and the game) thanks to a well-timed terratron steal just as the enemy team was weakened by the boss.

I was just thinking that we lack variety in bosses. We have just Daggoth, and Aeon, the latter being pretty much a slightly stronger neutral creep that gives money for team instead of one player on death. Now, I am not sure where we would otherwise place new boss spawns,so I think we should just have a random boss spawn instead of fixed Aeon/Daggoth in one spot. This would sort of mitigate early protoss advantage with Aeon, and late Zerg advantage with levi, since bosses would spawn randomly. Additionally, we could add a couple of new bosses. For example, the Ash Worm makes for an excellent boss template, and possibly we could have a Terra-tron boss too.

Each boss would require a different amount of difficulty to kill, and give different bonuses. For example:

Aeon (easiest to kill, no bonus other than 250 minerals)

Ash Worm (second easiest to kill, 325 minerals, + 0.5% regen + 5% damage)

Daggoth (better yet rename back to Leviathan), (second hardest to kill, 400 minerals, 1% regen, 15% damage)

Terratron (hardest to kill, 475 minerals, 2.5% regen, 20% damage, 10% Timescale)

If boss is not killed within x amount of time, it will be replaced by a different random boss.

i really loved this, pls!! make it happen xD

Yeah. Have them double in hp, and 1.5x damage each time you kill them. Maybe an attack speed reduction of -0.15 every time. Because in longer games, you cant kill aeon/daggoth in 10 seconds, and you require an actual team fight, and a team to finish a fight.

Would this be good scaling?

Yeah. Have them double in hp, and 1.5x damage each time you kill them. Maybe an attack speed reduction of -0.15 every time. Because in longer games, you cant kill aeon/daggoth in 10 seconds, and you require an actual team fight, and a team to finish a fight.

Would this be good scaling?

is better per two times killed, then u add the buff(only on same boss)

• 2 weeks later...