Me Ranting About Stuff.

Legacy

1. Why does balance come this way? People constantly say that people like Maar or Gara or Dustin are UP. Yet just because somebody plays them really well in a tournament, doesnt mean that you have to either 1, nerf the hero even more, or 2, completely ignore anybody who discusses this.

2. Not being prepared.... You nerf shrapnel, yet say you will add new items "soon" How long does "soon" mean to you guys? 1 day? 1 week? No apparently its about 3 weeks....

3. Why do you ignore Garamond? Seriously, just fix Gara's AA, then all of these gara threads will stop popping up.

4. Actually listen to the character balance threads. Most of the time its like "Well, you can do this, this and this, so shut up." <---- is an unnamed group of people.

5. Can you forgive Owl for what he said about IH? So lets say you go to some big gaming event, that everybody has said was great, and it sucked? Would you go back? Welcome to what happened to Owl...

6. Durans.Chest. WHY U HAVE SO MANY ABILITIES?

7. How does everybody in sc2 who uses a machine gun never have to reload? Or people who have to use blades never have to sharpen them? Why not have an ability added on that deals bonus damage for the next hit, but you have to reload/sharpen your weapon.

Well, i think thats all the rants for now. Have fun discussing this.

What everyone thinks of in regards to the above part

We'll be implementing more specific anti-AA options that don't blanket-silence an entire team with the next item update.

It's great that Shrapnel Cloak was effective against late game AA, and we want to keep your ability to do that. However, we don't want it to shut down entire teams as drastically as it did, as we were seeing people being to stack them one after another, effectively shutting down whole teams for 6-9 seconds, regardless of how many AA-specialized heroes were around.

So, we're still looking into it.

wasnt shrap mainly nerfed because of the IH community chain nuking them all?

and shouldnt the game be balenced around pubs matchs? where the majority of people play?

Noone of both. Game should be balanced around game itself. Pubs can be separated in many ways (ih speaking about Skill too) but that's not the case.

If balance is on lack of theory from players you always get it unbalanced on some way.

If you get it balanced on most of pubs, then many other ppl, not necessarily ih will see it unbalanced cause if we relate ih with skill it is a goal.

wasnt shrap mainly nerfed because of the IH community chain nuking them all?

and shouldnt the game be balenced around pubs matchs? where the majority of people play?

why this topic coming out over and over again? Game should be balanced around specific gameplay for which was designed to. AoS is a TEAM game and u should consider every hero as a part of the team, not as independent entity. Most of the pubbers doesn't understand this aspect of the game, so they mainly focusing what specific hero can do solo against scattered team. This bring us to opinions like 'Shadow is OP', because he can kill most of the heroes alone. This bring us to opinions like 'Cyprus is OP', because he can literally one-shot some squishy heroes. And if developers would listen this kind of opinions and nerf those heroes, they would become completely useless in more team-based environment. Other heroes would become extremely OP though - those who has already more team-oriented utility which some of pubbers may finding very weak. Thats why game shouldn't be balanced around the pubs.

No idea why this idea that the game should be balanced around "the way the most people play" always comes up. Scoring in basketball is hard for people that play the game for fun (most of them), yet we don't lower the net because casual players can't dunk, we base it on competitive play and no one has a problem with it. In Broodwar 90% of the playerbase would straight up lose the game to a well executed DT drop in TvP, yet it was never used in pro games, does that mean you have to nerf DTs ?

No, it means bad players need to step up their game. And until pub players can play 5v5 games on the same level as organized 5v5 players (may it be mumble inhouses or sth else), the game shouldn't be balanced around their play, because casual games are not relevant to competitive balance of the game.

edit : bolded casual and competitive so retarded people would notice the opposition

N.B : it doesn't mean the pubbers'advice on competitive play shouldn't be taken into account, it means it should only matter if they refer to competitive play, and not pubs

No idea why this idea that the game should be balanced around "the way the most people play" always comes up. Scoring in basketball is hard for people that play the game for fun (most of them), yet we don't lower the net because casual players can't dunk, we base it on competitive play and no one has a problem with it. In Broodwar 90% of the playerbase would straight up lose the game to a well executed DT drop in TvP, yet it was never used in pro games, does that mean you have to nerf DTs ?

No, it means bad players need to step up their game. And until pub players can play 5v5 games on the same level as organized 5v5 players (may it be mumble inhouses or sth else), the game shouldn't be balanced around their play, because casual games are not relevant to competitive balance of the game.

edit : bolded casual and competitive so retarded people would notice the opposition

N.B : it doesn't mean the pubbers'advice on competitive play shouldn't be taken into account, it means it should only matter if they refer to competitive play, and not pubs

Lol wow what an elitist.

Guys look dis fool her' we gotta step up and flip up tryin' to get the smak up

^ This. Did you see MLG last weekend when that n00b protoss player tried to proxy dt rush Flash? Removing lockbox would be a good start to raising the skill cap. Increasing the bounty of killing creep is another way. Decreasing the bounty on killing the same guy 20 times in a row helps. Decreasing the rewards for an assist is another one. Taking away the fact that being within like a 1000 radius for an assist also works. Making all hero's broken instead of a handful works. Increasing the damage early game by creeps and towers to prevent diving too. Making the jungle scale lower in terms of gold when compared to farming lane creeps works. Making denies worth more than just denying like 15 gold and 1/100th of an experience works. Umm I forgot the other issues we discussed before leaving over 6-12 months ago =).

A dunk is two points, so when they gave white people a chance and invented the three point line I went there with them. After all, which little guys wants to be defending a big man when this can happen...

Lol wow what an elitist.

Guys look dis fool her' we gotta step up and flip up tryin' to get the smak up

i agree with him,

Red is talking about getting rid of Draft Pick for his tourney because the casual player "pubs" are not as well known with the system as more competive players are

i wish he would stop catering to the casual player

-edit just realised he went ahed and decided to go with the draft pick :D

It is a balance after all... shouldn't there be a "balance" between casual and competitive? if not it needs to go one way or the other.

Or at least have the goal in mind to make it easier for casual players to become IH players. Wouldn't the IH community love to have a

noticeably larger pool of players? If the game is balanced around the "Professional" level new players will never want to learn to play.

Also its kind of odd to compare Pro athletes to casual players...

Spend less time complaining on forums about decisions made or nerf this or that or people suck, how about actually GO PLAY AoS and

teach someone. Maybe balance is an issue but not 100% perhaps its a contribution problem.

Making the game more casual and the competitive part of the game accessible and balancing the game are two completely distinct problems.

If you want to use examples, LoL has a very smooth transition from casual gaming to competitive play whereas in DotA it's not the case at all, and both games are very well balanced given their complexity.

The point nova brings is more about community management than game balance.

edit : I make so much sense I wonder why I'm not a moderator yet

Okay, community management makes sense. Doesn't a successful game and community go hand in hand? Seems odd to have one with out the other.

If a community is split, where are decisions on balance made? Its just annoying to see things like "You just need to not be a scrub" or "You are just an elitist"

If the answer to everyones problems is that they just need to be better well then something is definately wrong. I don't know, mainly someone will always be upset its

inevitable. If community issues aren't handled it will almost be impossible to ever find a balance

It is a balance after all... shouldn't there be a "balance" between casual and competitive? if not it needs to go one way or the other.

Or at least have the goal in mind to make it easier for casual players to become IH players. Wouldn't the IH community love to have a

noticeably larger pool of players? If the game is balanced around the "Professional" level new players will never want to learn to play.

Also its kind of odd to compare Pro athletes to casual players...

Spend less time complaining on forums about decisions made or nerf this or that or people suck, how about actually GO PLAY AoS and

teach someone. Maybe balance is an issue but not 100% perhaps its a contribution problem.

\

man up get on mumble...... there is a influx of new players in the past 3 weeks and there all fitting in nicely if you new your pretty much gurantted a spot to play in a IH that is assuming we have enough to IH some new players get on demand have a ih we have only have like 7 or 8 people and get up set when we dont game O.o

\

man up get on mumble......

I do have mumble. I do get on at times. I have played my share of IH as well. I just rather not log on if i dont have to. Don't have a huge interest in listening to people repeatedly go "What nooooo wayyy?!" and things of the sort. Rather just listen to music :O

I have noticed more people getting on, also in the last week i think i sent about a dozen to the mumble who were looking for IH games informing that they would be more then happy to include them in.

The basketball is an absolutely terrible metaphor because they do adjust for the average skill level of the players in game. What I mean is that the 3 point line is farther in the lower down in skill level you go, to a certain point at least.

The basketball is an absolutely terrible metaphor because they do adjust for the average skill level of the players in game. What I mean is that the 3 point line is farther in the lower down in skill level you go, to a certain point at least.

Isn't it only based on age? Not so mush skill lewel, if I understand korrektly.

When you reash an age where you play on "adult kourts" there are no different kinds of "adult kourts", there is only the one, with the same measurements as the one they use in the NBA.