Legomancer

7BtLvb4.png

(Thanks Adam ily)

Changelog:

Date

- Began creation ^-^

Name: Alexei.Reborn

Portrait: Alexi Stukov's

Unit Base:Alexi Stukov, but his left arm ends with a large spike instead of a hand

Type: Tank/initiator

Script:

Starting Stats:

Base Health 350–

Movement Speed 1.9–

Attack Range Melee–

Attack Speed 1.5–

Base Damage 20–

Attack Name | Animation He hits the target with his left arm.-

Base Armor 5–

Strength 37+6–

Agility 25+5–

Intelligence 28+4–

--

Heroic Passive: "Tell our children that I love them."

"Alexei's respawn time is reduced by half."

Effect:

--

Ability One: Lance Cannon

"Alexei launches his left arm at target enemy, pulling himself towards the target and slowing them.."

Energy Cost: 30/50/70/100

Cooldown: 25/24/22/20 seconds

Range: 6

Level 1:Slows target 20% for 4 seconds.

Level 2:30%

Level 3:40%

Level 4:50%

Effect: I don't know how fast the launch/pull speed should be. Maybe the same speed as Bola. Slow applies when Alexei reaches target. It's also not a skillshot, so maybe it should be slower than Bola on the pull.

--

Ability Two: Regeneration Aura

"Alexei passively increases the health regeneration of nearby heroic allies."

Energy Cost:Passive

Cooldown:Passive

Range:6

Permanently applies a .5% max HP regeneration. Units gain the rest of the regeneration aura after 6 seconds of not taking damage.

Level 1:+.5% max HP regeneration

Level 2:+1%

Level 3:+2%

Level 4:+4%

Effect:Basically old Organic Carapace, but weaker and for everyone. Units gain a percent of their own HP.

--

Ability Three: Acid Toss

"Alexei throws a ball of acid at target enemy."

Energy Cost:70/90/110/120

Cooldown: 15

Range: 7

Level 1: 50[+30% Int] spell damage and an additional 15[+50% Int] spell damage over 5 seconds

Level 2:70[+30% Int], 15[+55% Int] over 5 seconds

Level 3:90[+30% Int], 15[+60% Int] over 5 seconds

Level 4:110[+30% Int], 15[+65% Int] over 5 seconds

Effect: This is his Q in the campaign, with a DOT. Extremely powerful if he is killed by enemy INT heroes a lot

--

Ultimate Ability: Adaptive Death

"Alexei permanently gains a percentage of the primary stat of the hero that kills him."

Range:N/A

Level 1: Alexi gains 10% of enemy's primary stat permanently (200 per stat maximum).

Level 2: 30% (200 per stat maximum).

Level 3: 50% (200 per stat maximum).

Effect: Stat cap may be too high. He gains no stat bonus from killing or being killed by neutrals or enemy computer.

--

Additional Information

--

Closing statement

Thanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion!

Hp: Seems fine, probably needs a different name though. Like Reborn or something, since the name imo would not fit well with the skills,

Q; Make cooldown changes like 25/21/17/13?

W; Seems fine, just give allies the flat rate instead. Give him the %max hp.

E: That would bite alot late game.

R; Seems fine, good for newer players.

Overall, seems like a starter hero for new players. Gj!

Run into fed enemy heroes of different attributes 3 times and die. Come out a juggernaut.

Still, thats kinda the most unique ultimate I've seen in a while... and it would be the ultimate noob toon. If stat caps were lowered on it it could be a huge gamble (much like the Zerg) in that he throws himself against powerful enemies making them stronger, but each time making himself stronger too.

Does his ulti stack or change? ala

@stack- Alexei dies from Cyprus with 400 INT, gains 50% of that (200). Dies again, then gains another 200 INT? Wouldn't he rapidly hit the 1000 marker and wouldnt his stuff reset multiple times? (2k INT + his E what in the world) (AFAIK the Egon 'bug' with over 1000 int?)

@change- Alexei dies from Cyprus (400 INT) and gains 200 INT. Then he dies from a Drake with 500 STR and gains 250 STR losing his 200 INT bonus?

----

As to suggestions everything looks nice but his W and ultimate.

W skill - Maybe if it was a single unit ability rather than an aura (because it outshines every other aura, Balrogs comes to mind) and its the 'equivalent' of Egon's aoe heal but permanent. Set it so it has to be like Organic Carapace in that he has the %/maxHP heal but has to be out of combat for X amount of time.

(Change odd gaps to satisfy my OCD and the huge gap between level 1 and level 2 of this ability, .05 and .5 are a huge difference).

"Alexei passively increases the health regeneration of nearby allies."

Permanently applies a .5% max HP regeneration. Units gain the rest of the regeneration aura after 6 seconds of "1) being out of combat." "2) not taking damage."

Reasoning, it allows good lain sustainability in between waves with the heal but doesn't make it overpowered as heck during team fights.

Ability Three should probably have the +INT% dot reduced a bit in scalability, especially in conjunction with a stacking ultimate. If its a changing ultimate, then it could be fine... /shrug

Hp: Seems fine, probably needs a different name though. Like Reborn or something, since the name imo would not fit well with the skills,

Q; Make cooldown changes like 25/21/17/13?

W; Seems fine, just give allies the flat rate instead. Give him the %max hp.

E: That would bite alot late game.

R; Seems fine, good for newer players.

Overall, seems like a starter hero for new players. Gj!

Passive: It is hs last words before he shot himself in the head in BW, I suppose it could be shortened.

Q: Maybe not so steep cooldown scaling. I really only want it to be used twice in a teamfight. Otherwise he could just bounce from enemy hero to enemy hero.

W:I like the free organic carapace idea better

R: That's the idea!

Still, thats kinda the most unique ultimate I've seen in a while... and it would be the ultimate noob toon. If stat caps were lowered on it it could be a huge gamble (much like the Zerg) in that he throws himself against powerful enemies making them stronger, but each time making himself stronger too.

Does his ulti stack or change? ala

@stack- Alexei dies from Cyprus with 400 INT, gains 50% of that (200). Dies again, then gains another 200 INT? Wouldn't he rapidly hit the 1000 marker and wouldnt his stuff reset multiple times? (2k INT + his E what in the world) (AFAIK the Egon 'bug' with over 1000 int?)

@change- Alexei dies from Cyprus (400 INT) and gains 200 INT. Then he dies from a Drake with 500 STR and gains 250 STR losing his 200 INT bonus?

----

As to suggestions everything looks nice but his W and ultimate.

W skill - Maybe if it was a single unit ability rather than an aura (because it outshines every other aura, Balrogs comes to mind) and its the 'equivalent' of Egon's aoe heal but permanent. Set it so it has to be like Organic Carapace in that he has the %/maxHP heal but has to be out of combat for X amount of time.

(Change odd gaps to satisfy my OCD and the huge gap between level 1 and level 2 of this ability, .05 and .5 are a huge difference).

"Alexei passively increases the health regeneration of nearby allies."

Permanently applies a .5% max HP regeneration. Units gain the rest of the regeneration aura after 6 seconds of "1) being out of combat." "2) not taking damage."

Reasoning, it allows good lain sustainability in between waves with the heal but doesn't make it overpowered as heck during team fights.

Ability Three should probably have the +INT% dot reduced a bit in scalability, especially in conjunction with a stacking ultimate. If its a changing ultimate, then it could be fine... /shrug

The most stat bonus you can get is 200 per stat. So if Cyprus kills him he gets 200 INT and can not get any more INT. If Drake kills him he gets an additional 200 STR, but cannot get any more STR. He can still gain 200 AGI from an overpowered Nova.

W level 1 is supposed to be 0.5 oops!

I'm switching it out for your idea, because who doesn't love a free carapace?

I'll toy with E scaling too.

I chose the second modifier because that is how Organic carapace works and I don't want to complicate things I don't have to.

Heroic passive + undying talent, he would almost never be down, especially late game, due to them bring precent based.

That's the idea.

Honestly, that would be fine with me, something to actually defend if you missclick with in a teamfight. Since there is no buy back option... Also this guy could be listed as a carry btw.

I don't think he can carry all that well. He's a melee hero for one, for two his only aggressive abilities pull him towards the team and deal damage based on his INT. Maybe he could kill the occasional hero 1v1, but he won't be able to kill anything in a teamfight and that's not what he is there for.

• 7 months later...

so his ultimate is basically, if he gets killed by lets say drake which has 300 strength attribute which is his primary attibute, he he will get 150 strength added to his stength attibute when he revives? And the 200 stat cap, is it from a single death the most he can gain is 200? Or is the total amount of points added to each attribute has a max of 200?

But overall a cool hero that seems to grow in potential late game and for good initiation in team fights if built ultra tanky.

so his ultimate is basically, if he gets killed by lets say drake which has 300 strength attribute which is his primary attibute, he he will get 150 strength added to his stength attibute when he revives? And the 200 stat cap, is it from a single death the most he can gain is 200? Or is the total amount of points added to each attribute has a max of 200?

But overall a cool hero that seems to grow in potential late game and for good initiation in team fights if built ultra tanky.

Alexei can get a total of 600 bonus stats from his ultimate. 200 str, 200 agi, and 200 int. He cannot gain any stats beyond that. If he has not died yet and is killed by a drake with 300 str, he will gain 150 str (at max level) and can gain 50 more str if he dies to drake again. If he is then killed by a cyprus with 500 INT, then he will gain 200 int (at max level) because he can only have +200 to each stat.

I don't like the ulti, it rewards you for dying, and if you don't die you get nothing. The boost is not that good until lvl 3 ult anyway. I think the ulti should be reworked, I don't even feel that it fits the hero.

It fits the hero because it's very zerg to adapt and improve in the face of deaths. I originally had it so that he gained stats on killing enemy heroes as well, but I feel that would be too snowball/overpowered. The character is meant to be easy for noobs to use and extremely powerful in a non-noob's hands as well.

It fits the hero because it's very zerg to adapt and improve in the face of deaths. I originally had it so that he gained stats on killing enemy heroes as well, but I feel that would be too snowball/overpowered. The character is meant to be easy for noobs to use and extremely powerful in a non-noob's hands as well.

Making a skill that rewards death is not a good mechanic, and it is nigh impossible to ever make it a good one. Making a skill that gives you a capped amount of each stat when a unit (allied or enemy, to be noob-friendly and rewarding to players doing well) dies in a radius around you would be much better. Adding an active that consumes these bonus stats for an effect that is more powerful the more stats consumed would also much improve the ult. The effect could be an AoE damage around the hero, with the damage increasing per stat, a single target nuke with damage increase, an AoE stun with duration increase, etc. There are multitudes of actives you could have, and it would make the ulti actually useful once stacked, and it would give more player interaction, instead of a completely passive ulti that wouldn't affect your gameplay at all (unless you purposely try to die, which would be stupid). That brings up another reason to change your ult, a noob could think to themself "this ulti makes me stronger if I die, let's go let that enemy zeratul kill me a couple times to get moar strong", which would be bad. I think that my idea for the ulti would allow easy stat stacking and give more player interaction as well.