Hero Suggestions

VasyaKot

Well, last I saw Ekco, in a pub game couple of days ago, I asked him if he could possibly implement my Problem.Solver or Problem.Resolver AA sniper hero suggestions. He said "maybe" but it seemed like he didn't read them. And if he hadn't read my genius creations, well...... chances are not high that he read anyone else's either. Maybe if you advertise your hero suggestions on mumble, or in the upcoming tourney or something, that may improve your chances.......

Chances are, I pull them up every time I hit the spreadsheets. Particularly the (Quistmann's) compendium.

But yes, a little bit of marketing helps your work stand out.

* Problem with Problem.Solver was that 3/4 abilities were already implemented one way or another, but his Q was kind of interesting, and I was considering adding it to Raynor's Q. His archetype was also occupied by Jakk, for the most part.

Also, mo' money mo' problems.

Chances are, I pull them up every time I hit the spreadsheets. Particularly the (Quistmann's) compendium.

* Problem with Problem.Solver was that 3/4 abilities were already implemented one way or another, but his Q was kind of interesting, and I was considering adding it to Raynor's Q. His archetype was also occupied by Jakk, for the most part.

Well, Resolver is probably the better of the two suggestions, but I am working on a third version of super-aa sniper that I hope will vastly overshadow both.

Im sure there would be a number of people that would pay to get their suggestions in the game if its money you need :) (As long as you approved of the suggestions that is)

Im sure there would be a number of people that would pay to get their suggestions in the game if its money you need :) (As long as you approved of the suggestions that is)

I don't like that idea...

1) It starts conflating "money value" with "design value". If someone pays more money, does that mean their design gets more consideration?

2) What happens if someone pays money and their design ends up being total, unimplementable shap? It opens up possible legal issues.

Generally, the cream rises. Good ideas will be noted when presented. Better formatting makes them easier to read, but if it's good enough, it will eventually get to the eyes and ears of TeamAoS and they'll do with it what they will, in whole or in part. A lot of design doesn't involve having a ready-to-go, pre-packaged, modular concept that you just "plug in" to the game. Unless you're a main-stream developer churning out spunkgargleweewee. Ekco has to get down and dirty with all these ideas, take them apart, tinker with them, put them back together in different ways, maybe taking one ability here, a core mechanic there, combine 2 or 3 suggestions into one coherent unit, etc. etc. It's an architectural process like building with LEGOs free-form (ie. not using a model guide book), not piecing together a prefabricated model kit.

I don't like that idea...

1) It starts conflating "money value" with "design value". If someone pays more money, does that mean their design gets more consideration?

2) What happens if someone pays money and their design ends up being total, unimplementable shap? It opens up possible legal issues.

Generally, the cream rises. Good ideas will be noted when presented. Better formatting makes them easier to read, but if it's good enough, it will eventually get to the eyes and ears of TeamAoS and they'll do with it what they will, in whole or in part. A lot of design doesn't involve having a ready-to-go, pre-packaged, modular concept that you just "plug in" to the game. Unless you're a main-stream developer churning out spunkgargleweewee. Ekco has to get down and dirty with all these ideas, take them apart, tinker with them, put them back together in different ways, maybe taking one ability here, a core mechanic there, combine 2 or 3 suggestions into one coherent unit, etc. etc. It's an architectural process like building with LEGOs free-form (ie. not using a model guide book), not piecing together a prefabricated model kit.

I understand that but what i meant is that we offer to pay ecko to make a design and he has veto powers to say either, yes, no, or ill make a hero based of that design. There would be problems, but i am just throwing it out there that some of us would pay to have a hero implemented :)

Isn't Nova a super-aa sniper?

Somewhat, but only on the first shot. All her other skills do not at all help her be a sniper. Ult, in particular really forces her to be at shorter ranges than a sniper of any kind should ever be. What my idea of a super aa-sniper is a hero whose skills are perfectly honed to help deal AA damage from longer range, without any burst spell damage abilities of any kind (for example Rancor's nukes would stop him from fitting in the role, even if you build him for AA, however if you have an ability that makes your next attack do an extra x amount of damage, that is fine). The only heroes that come close to that are Cain and Nova, neither of which really fit in this category. Nova is just a ranged AA carry with a crit skill, Cain is a tank pseudo aa-carry, and even though he has an "AA burst", and almost no spell damage from abilities that require no AAs, he is too tanky, and has not enough ninja/assassin/long range killing machine traits.