About requiring HotS for AoS.

EKCO

We don't know exactly what will be required, but chances are, you will need HotS to play if we use HotS dependencies (models, sounds, textures). That's our assumption, and may not actually be the case.

As HotS rolls around, we will publish a version of the map that you can play with only WoL installed. However, that map won't be regularly updated with new content.

We do want to use the new models.

Praise jeebus. I would cry if we couldn't use all the fancy new models.

Hmm, have you tried cheating and exporting then re-importing the HotS models as an "imported" model file?

They take up too much memory. Ekco puts it at about ~1MB per unit model (with textures) and maximum map size is 20MB.

They take up too much memory. Ekco puts it at about ~1MB per unit model (with textures) and maximum map size is 20MB.

Then im wondering... How is this possible? Have you ever played the new cortex maps? They all have 50+ custom units.

Anyways, if it doesnt work, i feel bad for the people stuck in WoL

1. Most Cortex maps use WC3 units which have lower quality (and space-take-up-ness overall) and only have up to a certain model quality, further compacting space used

2. The other custom units use preexisting models merged within one another which is actually rendered by the game as a bunch of separate models, if you've enough patience you could make a Hydralisk out of Zerglings or something. =w=

I can confirm that Hots and Wol share the same arcade. Furthermore everyone has already downloaded the content needed for Hots due to the large previous patch. This can be proved by someone buying Hots and then activating it on their account, and logging in from the old Wol client successfully and playing campaign.

EDIT: Also Mus, you say that you will be playing aos from two accounts? You do realise Hots is an expansion pack and not a standalone game.

EDIT2: Scratch that, I just saw Banzai's link and I think that information is still relevant now. So those in Wol won't be able to see the Hots version of aos. :D

EDIT: Also Mus, you say that you will be playing aos from two accounts? You do realise Hots is an expansion pack and not a standalone game.

Mus told me that, then after he installed HotS he found out that it isn't true :P But the unit model thing he told me remains true! All these damn scrubs don't get it.

Oh is that what you said. Well I guess I owe you an apology. I apologise.

So what you're saying is, you and your brother, neither of whom is related to Skydie, uses the same ingame akkount bekause you're sheap nubs?? :)

I accept your apology.

Well yes, I don't have any need to have my own account. We can both play league on the same account since we are at around the same skill level, but currently we mainly play the customs. I might jump back on the ladder now that HotS is out though.

I accept your apology.

Well yes, I don't have any need to have my own account. We can both play league on the same account since we are at around the same skill level, but currently we mainly play the customs. I might jump back on the ladder now that HotS is out though.

But what if you and your brother want to play at the same time? Why not buy another akkount? Kome on :))

And also are you sharing an apartment with your brother? Reminds me of a sertain iselandik duo from eu.

But what if you and your brother want to play at the same time? Why not buy another akkount? Kome on :))

And also are you sharing an apartment with your brother? Reminds me of a sertain iselandik duo from eu.

I only started playing SC properly last summer, I'm mainly a console gamer. And we don't really have any issues about who plays when, so I never considered buying my own copy.

No we both live at home. Well, I'm at Uni but when I come back home I play some SC. I could play SC on my laptop while at Uni but I don't really have the time.

I only started playing SC properly last summer, I'm mainly a console gamer. And we don't really have any issues about who plays when, so I never considered buying my own copy.

No we both live at home. Well, I'm at Uni but when I come back home I play some SC. I could play SC on my laptop while at Uni but I don't really have the time.

#1 fair

#2 wat?? no time at uni? I guess uni works differently in the UK than Denmark=D

#2 wat?? no time at uni? I guess uni works differently in the UK than Denmark=D

Not necessarily. Some unis in the UK give out assignments on a term by term basis. So the students at those unis do the assignments and are free for most of the rest of term. My uni is different. The Maths department give out assignments weekly, as soon as you finish one of them you will have another one to do right away, and they take an unbelievable amount of time to do. A lot of the questions ask us to prove certain statements, from scratch. This process lasts for the entire 10 weeks of term, each week has assignments to be completed and submitted.

Not necessarily. Some unis in the UK give out assignments on a term by term basis. So the students at those unis do the assignments and are free for most of the rest of term. My uni is different. The Maths department give out assignments weekly, as soon as you finish one of them you will have another one to do right away, and they take an unbelievable amount of time to do. A lot of the questions ask us to prove certain statements, from scratch. This process lasts for the entire 10 weeks of term, each week has assignments to be completed and submitted.

Only reason you should be busy at uni is drinking and being hungover