Penthos items ideas

Hubert

Well a few things work well on him, in a pub atleast. you are not going to want to build CDR because it will not effect his orbs. it will slightly effect the actual skills themselves, but without orbs thats useless T_T

You are really gonna wanna build this guy tanky/dps, items like nitrogen, lightning rod, force of entropy, are going to be your friend, also items like aggressors guise, and other tanky dps items are good. I also had some real success with lifetech nanosuite, because this guy is already so damn hard to kill, throw that into the equation, and goodluck! but anyways, ive seen the most success with tank builds, nearly no success with INT builds, and AGI/dps based builds are just trumped by tank build. the real key with a hero like Penthos, is you NEED to be farming like a mad man, he scales so well with items that you need to be leading the game in CS. anyways hope this helped. maybe someone can post a real guide for him. anyways cheers.

Only tested him once but from what I can tell I would get these items (end game):

Sliptyde Scythe

Lifetech Nanosuit

Hand of Mensk

Yamato

Pyre

Last item can be situational (parallax, Emantle, FoE, Timesplitter etc. Anything really.)

Plus an ihan early game for stacks, and maybe a SHM for farming.

Activating yamato and HoM will give you +85% weapon speed (I think) which will let you spam your spells while attacking.

Maybe swap the pyre for something else..

but if u go timescale will that let u spam spells?

prob is isnt there only like two items for ts?

at psyright thats what i was thinkin and i dono he seems like the AA vergil

i could be wrong but to me it feels like his spells don't synergize

atukigami lol super speed troll build op (why the barb?)

His spells do lack a clear synergy.

However, his Passive rewards you for attacking enemies; and his W allows you to be next to enemies. His Q deals damage per second to enemies even if they run away (making Nitrogen Retrofit supersexy as it's a 5 second slow on each auto-attack) and you can at-will double the damage with additional slow (if they're chasing or escaping). His E allows you to stay in fights at lower health as the healing also increases based on 5% of your missing health, great for staying in battles for a long while (at level 11 with 2x Machete, Phantom Menace, and Lightning Rod [don't ask why] I was able to duke out with levi for like 2 minutes before dying)-- but not helping you against burst, leaving Penthos vulnerable in some places.

So I would recommend the following items since Penthos is a AA/Caster:

Nitrogen Retrofit, Ihan Crystal, Force of Entropy, Sliptide Scythe, Yamato Reactor, Argus Crystal, Hand of Mengsk, Agressor's Guise, Small Hadron Collider, Phantom Menace

*All* of Penthos' abilities have 1-3 second cooldowns except for his ult, so you're really only limited by your Passive orbs and your passive orbs come back faster if you attack, which happens faster as you get attack speed-- so as a result, you REALLY DESPERATELY need attack speed; but for the most part you just want AA items and Nitrogen Retrofit.

Note this is all theorycrafting. Penthos' INT scaling isn't amazing (15% per second for 3 seconds on each AA, 50%? on Blinkstorm per second, and 50% on his self-heal) but his ability to spam is very powerful as his abilities definitely do not lack base damage.

I've worked amd got amazing results with two arc bounds, splitter, barb, pyre, and yamato. All with ihan in there.

why the hell u want barb when u have two arcs, splitter and pyre? its just a slot wasted xD

and i would change that two arcs for a shadowmourne and another random item, better than arc, thats not hard

ive played penthos a few games and i played him strait dps

start with machette and stack a total of 3, get lightning rod, time splitter, sell machette, either if they are mostly burst casters and you need strait up hp get carapace, if you feel leach is more of your thing get darwins, sell lightning rod, buy arcbound, buy grav edge, buy masamune

so endgame items would be ( items with / is a more tanky build)

1.masamune

2.time splitter

3.darwins / organic carapace

4.grav edge

5.cerebro / nitrogen retrofit

6.arcbound / pyre

his Q if you read it says just like FOE its slows, so weapon speed and movement speed. i went cheap build for easy kills, 5 machettes and hom, worked very well. but then i build into, time spliter, FOE, which with his Q is massive movement speed and attack speed slow. i actually owned a shadow like nothing. then stunbaton, darwin might, paralax and then choice of the AGI item that lets u go invisible or masamune. both work really well.

once u drop the Ihan id say starsfury. extra attack speed, cdr for ulti and proc for extra damage. lightning rod is probably for more health that build doesnt seem like he is basing it off attack speed but for constant damage and slowing. if it was for attack speed he would of gotten a leech item. and speaking of which a nano suit would be good as well after the ihan is gone. that build with nana suit would put u about 4k hp. so about 1400 heal once it procs.

I've had luck with:

Early game mantle

Ihan for health/int stacks

Explosive Retrofit

Time Splittler

Sliptide Scythe

Black Hole Magnum

Nitrogen Retrofit

Masasume

That being said, a few questions...

With the nitrogen + explosive retrofit, does it trigger on everything around to slow them since it's spell damage? Same question on the Masasume, does it trigger on everything in range to slow them down?

And finally, with the explosive retrofit, does that count as an "attack" for my Q to trigger on them and cause spell damage over time too?

So, would a Force of Entropy be better than a Nitrogen Retrofit?

nitrogen will proc on any spell damage u do. so like as rancor if u nuke it will slow everyone hit. Force of entropy only procs from your auto attacks not from skills or spells. FOE is better when looking at 1v1 because it slows attack speed and movement speed by 35% where as nitrogen only slows movement speed by 25%. if ur going for crowd control nitrogen is better if ur going for a build to kill someone FOE

Masamune doesnt slow any thing.

nitrogen will proc on any spell damage u do. so like as rancor if u nuke it will slow everyone hit. Force of entropy only procs from your auto attacks not from skills or spells. FOE is better when looking at 1v1 because it slows attack speed and movement speed by 35% where as nitrogen only slows movement speed by 25%. if ur going for crowd control nitrogen is better if ur going for a build to kill someone FOE

Masamune doesnt slow any thing.

My bad I meant time splitter timescale loss for them.

So FOE doesn't proc on explosive retrofit? I thought it slowed in an area for some reason, I guess not. Same question though, time splitter doesn't proc on FOE auto hits, and also Penthos' "if he attacks a target" doesn't proc on that same? That kinda defeats the whole purpose of this build doesn't it? And considering his int scales horribly, there's no point in going grav edge, ihan, nitrogen, etc either?

explosive retrofit does aoe spell damage. the only heros that has an auto attack that hits more then one unit at a time is lurker. FOE(force of entropy) and time spliter are proced off auto attack, not spells or procs.

stacking foe, retrofit, and time spliter plus his Q would be way super slow, as in over kill. like 90% slow.

his spells do stack well with intel. you have to remember his Q is 40+(15% int) per second (3 seconds)when not active, double the damge when active and slows(5 seconds). which it last long as long as u keep attacking. if you go intel build just with 300 intel its doing 85 not active and 170 active. then u add in his W wich is 60+(15% int) so 105 damage. add in superheated mantle for another 40, you got now if Q is active 315 damge a second now add in argus(20%), yamato(25%) and talent 5% = 472 damage a second just from spells. dont forget heros like raynor mark 30%, rory 10%, garamond towers 10% each, dustin 8% per second they are under his drone 40% max. chance at getting all those is low but just with raynor mark that 567 per second. with no intel stacking u might have 100 int by lvl 18. meaning Q active doing 90 per second and W doing 75 per second.

the big difference between these builds is as intel you are just doing burst damage and getting out cause you wont get your orbs back as often but with ur ultimate active he can do massive damage with his W. the way it reads it looks like his W can stack. so Q active for slow and then like 3 W on the enemy hero.

as attack speed your not only doing atlest 300 damage with ur auto attack at fast speeds but your orbs come back way faster so u can spam ur Q and W for less damage then intel build but constantly instead of every 12 seconds its down to like 3 seconds per orb if attacking.