20th Tournament

James

The headline is misleading btw

The tournament is April 20th, registration starts on March 23rd

"Get ready to register for the brokentier tournament on March 23rd"

The way it reads it makes it sound like the tournament is on March 23rd

(or at least it can be interpreted that way)

Should say

"Registration for the April 20th brokentier tournament opens on March 23rd!"

or

"Get ready to register for the April 20th brokentier tournament on March 23rd"

or something similar

I heard RNG saying that he doesn't have money to pay Chob, soed, etc their HotS, are you going to give any kind of "material" prize?, becuase you know, you don't have money...

Actually what he said was "the sponsor that was supposed to provide the copies of Heart of the Swarm dropped at the last minute and as such that portion of the prize was no longer possible" which is something that is completely out of their control, yet you keep blaming the developers for it anyways. He also went on to mention they tried for months after to get the sponsor that dropped to pay up.

If I remember correctly they won like $1000 which is FAR more than any other tourney will ever have as a prize unless they get some really good sponsors, and more than enough to buy HOTS.

The prize for this tourney is listed as ???? implying that funding is indeed still an issue.

I get that it sucks to not get the full promised prize, but you guys should really just let it go...

They didn't even have to pay an entry fee....and they won quite a bit of money

Its not the developers fault that a sponsor dropped, nor is it really their responsibility to pick up the slack.

That's how sponsored prizes work.

Not trying to belittle their victory or their understandable frustration, but its the truth.

Have seen it happen plenty of times in other tourneys and events.

The site runs on donations and sponsors as far as I can tell, its not exactly the most profitable business model.

They don't even get advertising revenue. I'm actually amazed there isn't a bigger fee per team to create a prize pool for this one....

Don't bring this issue again it's more a problem of communication than anything else.

Its not the developers fault that a sponsor dropped, nor is it really their responsibility to pick up the slack.

That's how sponsored prizes work.

Basically this is the problem, instead of confirming the prize money they should have waited to have the hots digital copies or the money themselves, because by promising them the aos team engaged its responsibility and when the sponsor goes MIA it should be their responsibility to the delivered the confirmed prize. They should just learn from this and not confirm any prize until they actually have them. Also they should answer their PMs, because it's really terrible education to read them and then not answer them (especially when we can see that they read them), I can't find an explanation for this kind of poor behavior really.

To raise the stakes & improve the Tournament's quality, I ask each team to contribute by paying a Commitment Fee to register ($5). Whoever pays the fee for their team will be declared as their captain and receives approximately 40% of the prize if they win. Only 16 teams (5 Players per team) can register.

is it $5 per team or per player?

To raise the stakes & improve the Tournament's quality, I ask each team to contribute by paying a Commitment Fee to register ($5). Whoever pays the fee for their team will be declared as their captain and receives approximately 40% of the prize if they win. Only 16 teams (5 Players per team) can register.

is it $5 per team or per player?

Per team.

• 2 weeks later...