Tenacity items.

Psyght

I was talking on mumble with a few chaps, most of us familiar with LoL, were thinking about how the game would change with items that would be able to reduce slows and stuns duration. I want this to be very open topic about anything that people would like to say about tenacity items. I really think it would help out.

Parallax isn't enough? I think that item do too much things, it also removes your slows.

Some heroes potential is based on their stuns, I don't think it's fair to make anti stun items... but wait, we have anti Molotov so who cares if Rory can't rebounder anymore.

@Rem: no, those are timescale.

He means oldtimescale that also happened to reduce ability cooldowns.

Which would be a supersweet effect to have on some items. Like, say, on Bandit's Artiface to make it more attractive of an item-- give it CDR and Debuff Duration Reduction... <3

Yes but current Time Scale gives you weapon speed... it also increases your movement speed.

Old Timescale = New Time Scale + a MS reduction + a A.Spd reduction

So New Time Scale bolsters A.Spd (regardless of cap), regen, etc..

(I could go on but I feel lazy as heck right now)

So I meant a new attribute that didn't reduce ability cds but instead only reduced duration of debuffs.

But definitely not by like 35% or something, maybe no more than 20% and have all the effects be akin to LoL's Tenacity {only one Tenacity item actually takes effect, whichever gives the most Tenacity}.

Parallax isn't enough? I think that item do too much things, it also removes your slows.

Some heroes potential is based on their stuns, I don't think it's fair to make anti stun items... but wait, we have anti Molotov so who cares if Rory can't rebounder anymore.

Parallax removes debuffs. Tenacity means to lessen the effectiveness of the debuff.

Ex: ghost snipe stuns for 1 sec normally (for arguments sake). With Tenacity, the stun with be reduced for let's say 50% or reduced to 0.5 sec.

In LoL, it's used for hard CC team compositions so it reduces the effectiveness of chain stuns (though you're still screwed if you're a squishy character out of position of course). I think in dota2 there's some item that stops all forms of CC for a short time, (well at least that's what my counterparts told me when I last played). This item would be more of a parallax equivalent in the removing debuff aspect.

For dota : all questions related to magic immunity http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Magic_immunity. As you can see there is a lot that goes through magic immunity (global silence is missing on the list afaik), and to be honest buff and debuff removal is so complicated in dota you can't really find an equivalent to parallax because there are different levels of buffs and debuffs and some can be purged, some you can manta out of, some you can get rid of by using bkb, some of them you are just screwed, etc ...

Though Tenacity could be a good idea ( I think it is possible to study it) It is important to know there are less globals stuns fears silences and even individually than other games. Anyway if going on something like 5-10%.

By other hand. I think there's a good variey, of course it can be always increased.

I think this is a really bad plan, although I do agree we could use more items. I believe a large number of items are incoming soon though.

Slows and stuns are pretty critical to a lot of plays and we dont really need another paralax situation making certain heros "worthless"

Also Rem is right, you can do this with timescale already.....

Pop a twin paralax, bam you just made debuffs tick faster on you....and as an added benefit you attack faster and move faster and your abilities cooldown faster (I think you also heal/regen faster too but forget)

Problem solved :P