Heart of the Swarm

Darit

Simple question in need of a simple answer.

Will Heart of the Swarm be required to play Aeon of Storms after its launch?

I'm broke and can't afford much right now so I'm just wondering if I'll be able to play the only game I enjoy on Starcraft 2 after the new expansion/game comes out.

Well if they ban me without answering I hope people will react to it. The situation is just unbelievable : we won a tournament in September and the prize included a HotS copy. 5 months later it's impossible to even get an answer or an update on those HotS copies, and the same people who advertised the tournament have the nerves to run another tournament and offer HotS copies again. I certainly hope people understand why I'm getting irritated.

Well if they ban me without answering I hope people will react to it. The situation is just unbelievable : we won a tournament in September and the prize included a HotS copy. 5 months later it's impossible to even get an answer or an update on those HotS copies, and the same people who advertised the tournament have the nerves to run another tournament and offer HotS copies again. I certainly hope people understand why I'm getting irritated.

Irratated being an understatement, at least in my kase.

It's really unbeliawable. Ridikulous.

@chob I would assume that you would get your prize copies of HotS when the game is actually released. But idk how purchases work or anything..

@OP I would hope that for a while at least, RNG would make updates which are compatible to upload on both WoL and HotS. That is until a new hero comes along which is only for HotS, at which point the WoL version would be left alone, I guess.

@chob I would assume that you would get your prize copies of HotS when the game is actually released. But idk how purchases work or anything..

Eh no, lol.

You know you kan pre-order, right? That's what we were promised:

Tournament Prizes:

• Prize for the winning team will be $1000 + 5 Pre-order of HotS + Certificate of 1st Place in the AoS Official Tournament
  • Prize for runner-ups will be 5 Pre-order of HotS.
  • Prize for MVP: $200 + Pre-order of HotS.
  • Bragging rights for being the best team in AoS first official Tournament.

Sourse.

We hawe resiewed neither sertifikate nor HotS and while I do not kare partikularly about the former (although hawing it would be funny) I do kare about the latter.

As shob said, we won the tournament in september, and this is bekoming an outright farse.

The worst part in this is that the exact same thing happened with the money, and when Shab got impatient and started spamming the forums with the problem he got flamed, everyone told him he was being a child and that if he hadn't done it he would have had the money anyway. Well we didn't say a word about HotS and look at the situation today, I'm not going to ask people to apologize to Shab but if you take the time to read these specific threads it's pretty hilarious given the current situation.

They are asking us to pay to participate in the next tourney. It would be pretty bad if they took over 5 months to deliver the prizes to the winners of that tourney.

If you haven't got your money yet Chob, why not ask for interest on it :P I mean, it's been such a long time now, the true value of the money promised will have diminished.

I already told Soedenone that no one is getting HotS, yet you're still complaining about one small portion of the prize. It's quite disturbing to hear your overreactions just because your team that already won $1000 didn't get something from a tournament that was participated in for FREE.

We did say that the Finalists would get their own copy for HotS, but we weren't aware that one of the sponsors would change his mind right as the tournament was about to begin. We do not have enough funds to cover the HotS copies, and I'm sorry to hear if you're really shocked about this. Donations are also used sparingly if we want to keep the website and Mumble alive.

1. That sounds like a complete cop out answer and referencing it as a 'small portion of the prize' is rude. Red your post seems quite strange as it not only inappropriately references the situation, but you attempt to make the victims look like the bad guys because they are merely trying to call out for a prize to be delivered in full. Small portion or not, they were promised it, it was not delivered, and for you to respond like this seems completely unprofessional to me at least. If the prize is just not going to be delivered don't you think that the people in charge could/should have made it clear many months ago instead of letting this drag out into a situation like this?

2. On topic, I don't think we'll know for sure what you'll need until the game actually launches

I don't think you fully understand the situation here Marche: We've told them from time to time that neither of us will be getting a HotS copy, but they continue persisting for it as if we're in debt with them. And you know, that's more bothering and disrespectful, when a FREE tournament primarily sponsored by JustAfrican, to have an community event like this only about the prize. That being said, the main prize ($1000) was already given; what wasn't given was the bonus part, the HotS that was suppose to be sponsored by another person. Yes, it's unfortunate that we said the winners will get HotS, but saying 'we' might have been too generalized when each sponsor's focus was to chip in money for one specific part of the event.

It was significantly delayed for 'many' months because we were hoping to contact the missing sponsor every week regarding the copies. We actually tried to get them from winners, at least I did since I was suppose to get one too.

You didn't tell me we weren't getting them, you'we been telling me that it was Gyro's responsibility, and you're trying to get a hold of Gyro... You'we newer giwen me an honest, straight answer on this, nor anyone in my team, until this thread.

Glad to know that at least you're not sheating us out of the whole prise, and it suks that the sekond plase team (Your own team) got a total prise of absolutely nothing. You didn't get anything at all, right? Amasing how they just put up with it. Guess they had no ekspektations for getting anything in the first plase, or are simply ridikulously introwerted.

Well this is the first time I read this, and all I heard on the subject before today was "Gyro who was sponsoring has gone MIA". The fact that you are making it look like we are harassing you when we never got a proper response in the first place, and when you have been ignoring 100% of our PM's since the soed, shab, shard argument is just disgusting.

If you are unable to properly communicate with others blame yourself, not the rest of the people involved. And if you want to be a flobing admin answer your PMs, it's not very interesting but you still have to do it.

Its all well and good that you guys want to start a flame war over tourney prizes

but can someone at least answer the original question of this post?

Namely will HOTS be required for AOS or not?

And how will the HOTS release affect future game updates?

You didn't tell me we weren't getting them, you'we been telling me that it was Gyro's responsibility, and you're trying to get a hold of Gyro... You'we newer giwen me an honest, straight answer on this, nor anyone in my team, until this thread.

Glad to know that at least you're not sheating us out of the whole prise, and it suks that the sekond plase team (Your own team) got a total prise of absolutely nothing. You didn't get anything at all, right? Amasing how they just put up with it. Guess they had no ekspektations for getting anything in the first plase, or are simply ridikulously introwerted.

I can't give you the straight answer (yes/no) if we're still looking for the sponsor.

If you are unable to properly communicate with others blame yourself, not the rest of the people involved. And if you want to be a flobing admin answer your PMs, it's not very interesting but you still have to do it.

Honestly I should not have brought myself to this post, but reading your recent posts regarding the copies has really made it look more like a harass. This isn't your first time hearing about the HotS copy, and sending the message to the leader of your team should have been good enough.

The discussion regarding the tournament will end now.

Regarding HotS and WoL, I don't think we will implement new models to the game until 3-4 weeks after the release. In one of Blizzard's posts, they mentioned something about new units being locked/unusable until you buy HotS.

Thanks Red for that. Been kinda googly eyed over how bad my thread was derailed like that.

Well I'm sorry about the derailing but that's Red's fault. He just refuses to answer his PMs so the only way for us to communicate is to spam the forums until he decides we've posted enough and he can call it "harassment" and make us look like the bad guys.

The problem is that the admin of the site doesn't like problems, when what an admin does is deal with problems. Because he doesn't like problems, Red takes the 5 yo approach and ignores the problem, if it persists, he closes every thread about it (tournament, shard argument, etc ...) and closes his eyes while hoping that the problem will disappear, which never happens because problems don't disappear (that's why you need admins in the first place). So we keep those rampant problems and people hold grudges instead of dealing with problems in a sound manner.

The bottom line is that if you don't want to be an admin, then you can just recruit one and stop acting like a child.