Most Popular Hero Suggestions!

Cronos

There have been quite a few hero suggestions since the Storm of the Imperial Sanctum change to Aeon of Storms. Some of these suggestions have been good, some bad, and some troll. I have created this tread to get some feed back from the community. Let us know what's hot and what's not!

Here's the ground rules. You can vote for only one suggestion per category. You can only post once. No flaming, this is really just a poll and to spark some community involvement in the hero creation process. We all have great ideas, lets try putting our heads together to make as great of a game as we can.

Make sure to include the creators names.

1. (1st) Post your most Favored Hero suggestion first.

2. (2nd) Post your runner up.

3. (Honorable) Post your Honorable Mention

4. (Disliked) Post your Least Favorite - BUT - Provide some constructive criticism as to what could possibly make this Hero Suggestion better.

5. (Troll) Post your Biggest Troll Suggestion.

1. (1st) Ash.Khastiana (For Obvious Reasons)
    [v1.4]Our Duty is Eternal- Ash.Khastiana
  2. (2nd) Atomic.Disruptor (Adamantium)
    [HERO] Atomic.Disruptor (Updated 2.3)
  3. (Honorable) Carbonite Nanobuffer (Eliwan)
    [item] Carbonite Nanobuffer
  4. (Disliked) Blinkar.Tunidas (MineralFPR) - I really dislike blink, because it usually pisses me off as I am chasing people down. A Hero based around this would just piss me off.
    [blink!]Blinkar.Tunidas
  5. (Troll) Legion.Amalgamated (FruitNinja) This hero - although unique - would literally lag me to death... thus TROLOLOL [HERO] Legion.Amalgamated

1. Arcturus.Mengsk

www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/235-6xarcturusmengsk/

2. Will edit later

3. Will edit later

4. Will edit later

5. Will edit later

Note: i really like idea of mengsk, i can see how he be played you get ur Q skill first, and you start of mid, you then have team mates kill both marrauders before you come near by, you then take over thor, you then go mid place 2 tanks down and have thor walk near minon wave. Ghee this be good hero to have.

1. Legion.Amalgamated - The concept is just something really unique.

2. Zignar.Roscharch - Also another interesting concept.

3. Ash.Khastiana - The most detailed hero suggestion

4. Flaming.Messiah - I simply found him extraordinarily generic.

5. James.Highroller - Really the only troll hero to date. Too bad he was the first suggestion in this section...

1. Arcturus.Mengsk - (i know its mine but i fell in love with this hero shortly after creation and i think hes pretty awesom :) )

2. (2nd) Post your runner up.

3. Banished.Veteran - Eliwan, very interesting hero :
    )

4. Justin.Breaker - though slightly different i feel like the skills are to similar to current hero's plus we already have a goliath hero and im not sure that there is another goliath model. Jody.Highroller
  5. Jody.Highroller - this one for obvious reasons

ran out of time will edit this later to finish and i cant decide a #2 atm

"_"

I think an important rule to note for most of these is that you can't vote for your own.

That aside, I like most of the heroes here equally well. It's not possible to choose a best one.

Also, damn you sidd. :(

Well, first off, you can vote for your own. If you feel like it is the best then sure feel free to post it as number one. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Reasons why? Some people have no hero suggestions of their own. Some people have multiple suggestions and have their particular favorites. And some people think all heroes suggestions are equally well. Since I am certain many can agree on some being better or worse than others... Eliwan you are entitle to your own opinion as I am.

Can we criticize other people's choices? Because I'm sure the only ability Justin Breaker has that is similar to an existing ability is Sidewinder missile, which is because he's based on Dustin Brawler...

Nahhh.. it could get crazy. Let's try to keep this thread based on the OP. Or take those comments somewhere else! ^ ^

1. Atomic.Disruptor - seems ready for development

2. PLASMIC.Void - good support hero

3. Voidmaster.Valrin - makes a good agi tank evader

4. Chronos.Remesis - seems like the intel and time scale corrolation seems like it would make for very odd games, and i don't think the game is ready for this drastic of changes

5. Explosive.Overlord - I know its mine, but i designed it to be the most troll hero ever :)

Scorching.Messiah!! Cuz hes a baller.

Khastiana

Idk

Idk

Idk

Aw whats this Cronos no honorable mention for The Messiah??

And Banzai how could you! You know what hero is generic? Kerrigan. That is generic. On top of that i didn't get any critiques on him so I couldn't change him to much. Honestly i don't mind changing the Q or W, but i definitely want his sweet ass ult. All I know is AoS needs a sweet ass fire hero.

Edit: Cronos you have an item for your honorable mention when this is a hero popularity poll XD

Drake's a fire hero... And no Kerrigan isn't that generic. Her skills maybe be taken from other heroes from different ARTS, but in terms of being less generic, Boomerang>simple line damage skill, Bone Armor>simple invulnerability, bounces>splash and raining pods>targeted instant aoes.

1. Legion.Amalgamated - The concept is just something really unique.

Sorry for the late quote, but he's based off Island Defence's Changeling. His Changeling hero is based off this too. It's still unique for ARTS games, though, which could be pretty cool.

Sorry for the late quote, but he's based off Island Defence's Changeling. His Changeling hero is based off this too. It's still unique for ARTS games, though, which could be pretty cool.

Oh really? I've never played ID. Oh well, I would've put yours first if you released it earlier tho.

Scorching.Messiah!! Cuz hes a baller.

Khastiana

Idk

Idk

Idk

Aw whats this Cronos no honorable mention for The Messiah??

And Banzai how could you! You know what hero is generic? Kerrigan. That is generic. On top of that i didn't get any critiques on him so I couldn't change him to much. Honestly i don't mind changing the Q or W, but i definitely want his sweet ass ult. All I know is AoS needs a sweet ass fire hero.

Edit: Cronos you have an item for your honorable mention when this is a hero popularity poll XD

Lmao! I never said it was exclusive to heros that are under developement and I made this post before Messiah was released so ^ ^

Drake's a fire hero... And no Kerrigan isn't that generic. Her skills maybe be taken from other heroes from different ARTS, but in terms of being less generic, Boomerang>simple line damage skill, Bone Armor>simple invulnerability, bounces>splash and raining pods>targeted instant aoes.

Not a pure fire hero. Like Fireballs, lava and shap like that. And kerrigans skillset looks like it was made in 2 minutes thats how basic it is.

@cronos

Well the title says Most Popular Hero Suggestion so I just figured that we were all voting on our favorite heroes :/

Not a pure fire hero. Like Fireballs, lava and shap like that. And kerrigans skillset looks like it was made in 2 minutes thats how basic it is.

@cronos

Well the title says Most Popular Hero Suggestion so I just figured that we were all voting on our favorite heroes :/

Bone armor alone would've taken more consideration than your first 3 abilities. Click and deal damage is about as basic as it gets...

Foreword: AoS characters are interesting for me because of the diversity and the very different styles you can play with. Therefore new characters should in my opinion enhance the variety of playstyles.

1) The minelayer. There are 2 very similar heroes in the suggestion area, which mostly do the same things:

terix.deathbomb suggested by RemDra

http://www.aeonofsto...terixdeathbomb/

Explosive.Overlord suggested by Baggins

http://www.aeonofsto...losiveoverlord/

2) Legion.Amalgamated by FruitNinja. The Idea of this hero is just great!

http://www.aeonofsto...ionamalgamated/

3) Arcturus.Mensk by Quistmann. Another new concept and ready for the roll out

http://www.aeonofsto...arcturusmengsk/

4) to be added later

5) each hero that has similar abilities and concepts to existing ones

Click and deal damage like every single hero in AoS?

No. Im talking about single target instant nukes. Even the single target damage skills in AoS have special characteristics. Rancor's snipe has a stun and cast time. Cyprus' ulti pulls rocks to an opponent and deals more damage based on them. Raynor's ult is blockable, has long range and has a cast time. I can't think of anything else for now, but 3-5 heroes is hardly every hero in sotis.

Archived