Micro.Gravitus overpowered.

Doom

To start with, let's state micro's strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths:

-Good CC

-High damage, AoE

-2 stuns (if you count toss as a stun, which it essentially is)

-high hp and resist (with e)

-blink for escape and initiation

-one of the best AA scaling with primary attribute (due to heroic passive)

-role as initiator doesn't require much in terms of items, just warp shard

-good last-hiter with nice animation and heroic passive for extra damage

-has a /cheer

Weaknesses:

-slight mana problem

-Melee

-blink has a duration, so needs warp shard for 100% combo success rate

In every tournament game, micro was the first or second global ban. In most other IHes, he is either banned, or first picked. He fills a unique role in that his initiation is fail-proof. Drake and Boros' plucks are skillshots, however easy it is at times to hit them, especially if a Maar, Jakk, or Rancor teammate is helping out. An above-average Micro, on the other hand does not miss. Also, a micro's kill range (distance which he can cross in a short amount of time before dealing damage/hitting with abilities) is larger than almost everyone else's. Roughly 6 with e, another 8 with warp shard, another 4 with help of slime.... in about a second, apparently micro can get in tossing range of you from 18 units away. That's longer than any non-global range spell, other than perhaps Rancor's or Raynor's ultimates.

Micro can be stopped by a quick taser or lockbox, but to call either of them a viable counter would be ridiculous. You have to be ready to taser a micro that will appear out of thin air, and you don't know when. To say nothing of what can be achieved with the help of the shift key and a taser on micro, or even simpler, a SHC.

To add to the fun, micro is not easily cornered or killed. Drake, Boros, Roach, and Tassidar, every other plucker in the game have no escape abilities, while micro can slow you, toss you away from him, or just blink away. Even if he doesn't what are you going to do to a 5 K hp tank with Barbed? AA's will sooner kill you than him, spells won't even scratch him, and besides, every move or second that you waste damaging him, is only helping the other team, because you are not using it to damage the "important targets", which are getting more and more fed every time micro blinks into an entire team, tosses a poor victim out, and does a /cheer just to troll around.

Taser is viable. I´ve done it loads of time. Lockbox also works for the same reasons.

His plucks aren't counterproof namely taser, if boros/drake miss just wait for cooldown, if you get the silence on the micro he's in 1 v 5 meaning (even with his high hp and resist) death.

He can't get a 100% toss of the times.

A he uses e, you can see him disappear and you get your taser rdy

b he uses warpshard then his mouse needs to be at your location, he has to press w and move it to the wanted location in this time you can silence

c he uses shc, if he stuns the silencer its gg, but same can be said for drake/jackson which imitation with shc is much scarier

He is banned/pick 100% of the times because you need a initiator. Its very hard to win without one especially if the enemies have multiple.

Same can be said for drake 100% pick or ban. Jackson used to be the same before his ulticharge.

He's a great hero and his blink('s) cooldown might need 1/2 seconds increase but otherwise fine.

ps* disregarding parallax + micro because its parallax thats op and micro just abuses it the most

Every time I've played Micro, everyone that's tried to counter me with taser failed hardcore. If you see the micro, it's somewhat doable, just press use taser, and hold the button beside yourself. But if you don't see him coming, one second you are trying to get that last hit, the next you are flying and dying. Besides, not everyone has such op reflex timings. For example, jackson just needs to hit E to silence a micro and not get tossed. Out of the countless Jacksons I tossed, both pub and IH players, almost no one managed to get hit E before I threw them to their death.

If its doable its fine, its not impossible. If you dont see him blink in ward the map more and sometimes your just unlucky but there been lucky bola's and lunges aswell so shap happens sometimes.

The lane phase in pub is hard due to no missing calls but wards again. But a lvl 6 brine is far stronger then a micro at lvl 6 if noone calls missings.

I agree. His W should have a 1 second cast time. Mandrakes pluck does not grab someone immediately, takes about a second to reach to the target and another second to pull them back. Boros bola does not grab someone immediately, unless they are really close. Micro should have to use his Q to slow down target and that would be enough time for his 1 second W cast. Would make Micro a lot more balanced.

To be fair, Brine and Tass also have pretty foolproof initiation. And on a side note, I feel that Tass isn't being played enough to reach his potential.

Anyway, back to Micro, I wouldn't mind him having some lower base stats, as his attributes are admittedly quite high in all areas of importance. They could actually give him the lowest base movespeed in the game. Wouldn't be so out of place given that he's a hulking giant who has 2 forms of CC and a mobility skill.

I also wouldn't mind a slightly conspicuous art effect at the target blink location. Unless it's a cool art effect like a fadey trail of translucent Micros. I wonder if there's a name for the image trail effect. Giving him a terribly long cast animation like Queen is fine too.

I agree. His W should have a 1 second cast time. Mandrakes pluck does not grab someone immediately, takes about a second to reach to the target and another second to pull them back. Boros bola does not grab someone immediately, unless they are really close. Micro should have to use his Q to slow down target and that would be enough time for his 1 second W cast. Would make Micro a lot more balanced.

This would make him worthless as an initiator. It already requires micro to faceplant into the enemy team.

I proposed a cast time just so that people can realistically tase him before he gets it off. It's to promote an intended counter, slightly reducing power in the process.

0.25-0.4 seconds is good enough. Any more and he will be too easy to counter. A 1 second cast time is FOREVER if you are in the middle of the enemy team where literally anyone that cab will interrupt you ASAP.

You can also add functionality to highlight the person getting thrown and allow Micro to cancel it if he throws the wrong person.

Well, you could do it this way:

Micro channels his energy on a nearby target, tossing him towards the target direction when the channel breaks. Tosses 2+1 range per 0.15 second channeled. 0.75/1.05/1.35/1.65 max channel time. Channel breaks when target moves out of range or Micro cancels his channel/is stunned/silenced.

So, you still get tossed no matter what, but with quicker reaction, you can move out of range or silence/stun micro so you only get tossed a tiny distance.

Small Hadron Collider and being able to double blink with Micro is the problem, not Micro himself. Also the stun from SHC makes it impossible to counter with taser before being thrown. This has always been an imbalance and probably is about as likely to get addressed as the devs realizing their user interface is a complete joke and make the necessary changes.

He is always a hero in a 5 man premade scrub crew.

If you want to fix him, make his throw powerful but give it a considerably long casting time (like Rory's molotov), so you have an opportunity to counter it. Since they did this to Jackson's ult, I don't see why they can't do that to Micro's throw. Just increase the search radius for throwing enemies (i.e. he can grab you from farther away), but make it so he has to channel it at least a second.

I think the problem is really the SHC/Blink combo and that's where the nerf should be directed. IMO, SHC should reset the cooldown on any blink skills a hero has. I realize that makes SHC relatively useless to Micro/Cyprus/Vergil, but don't really see that as a problem. A major part of the strategy (and fun) that comes from playing those toons is determining when to use the blink skill offensively and when to save it in case you need to escape. SHC removes that element.

I also think that functionally Micro is supposed to offer up a trade, flicking a squishy hero to his team at the expense of being stuck among the four enemies he doesn't flick. That is an OK trade because, being a tank, Micro has a reasonable chance to survive long enough for his team to help while the squishy hero will die instantly.

I don't agree. He still has a channel on the blink that gives decent time to get away or prepare. With a warp shard it is a bit more difficult but, if you have one (warp shard) you can just blink out after the throw as well. A small fix would be that you shouldn't be able to target or attack a hero in the process of being thrown or be able to see the location of the landing spot when thrown.

Also the way the throw works he need some idea what going on in the fight other wise it is the closest hero thrown then it shifts to creep. I think it is more of a skill shot that requires good placement and a sense of where the throw goes and what hero is being thrown. I think a Fix would be to take away the defense matrix and make the Face-plant in to the other team something that he really needs to think about. With he defense matrix gone, he can quickly get destroyed by the 4 other heroes making an even trade on kills. He is building tanky anyway why have the defense matrix to add to it. Without the defense matrix he really has to think about early to mid game plucks. Right now I don't even level up the blink the first level because it is not needed (50% resist).

Just a thought

With a warp shard it is a bit more difficult but, if you have one (warp shard) you can just blink out after the throw as well.

So your answer is to basically get a warp shard on every hero that doesn't have an inbuilt blink, when these heroes don't necessarily benefit from a blink as much as micro (this is the case for pretty much every hero besides Jax), which would already be a huge win for the team that drafts micro, but on top of it he can just taser you mid air and your blink is useless.

The hero has no counter besides silences, and he can initiate so fast that you can only use Jax link reliably to silence him (yes you can taser but let's face it you're not gonna get it off anywhere close to 100%).

Just a thought tho.

(yes you can taser but let's face it you're not gonna get it off anywhere close to 100%).

Thats the way i like it, if you were to counter a hero 100% of the times no one would play it. But if your skilled and can block him > 50% of the times you get more kills then them. Assuming you can kill a silenced micro ofc.

So your answer is to basically get a warp shard on every hero that doesn't have an inbuilt blink, when these heroes don't necessarily benefit from a blink as much as micro (this is the case for pretty much every hero besides Jax), which would already be a huge win for the team that drafts micro, but on top of it he can just taser you mid air and your blink is useless.

The hero has no counter besides silences, and he can initiate so fast that you can only use Jax link reliably to silence him (yes you can taser but let's face it you're not gonna get it off anywhere close to 100%).

Just a thought tho.

If there was a 100% way to counter a characters main function of a game we would be screaming about it being UP, L with that logic it is like saying that whenever an AA carry is in the game everyone should get a barbed plating. The tanks up front/ the other initiators on you team may want to get pulled in to the other team. Hell, when I am jackson/tychus/drake/micro/brine/LZ/erekul/vorpal to name a few, I like to be thrown and want/need to be primaried so that they can absorb some damage and the skills.

Other counters to micro are play style as well, it is tough for a micro to toss people that are well behind the front line tanks/ initiators. Most micros hate to throw the above characters and actively avoid them. Those characters need to move in closer to the micro when he jumps in or stay close to/in front of the squishies. The AA carries should be attacking from the flanks and all of them worth a shap have some type of speed or jump to evade a micro with ease shadow/zeratul/nova/darpa/grunty (with or with out shawtgun), tosh can stun lock a micro before a throw and evade even faster than a taser with his spectres.

Bio can burrow and evade or jump out after a throw, Null can stun him if the null has any distance. Also to note that a null force-shield totally counters a micro throw, just put one in front of you or the team mate and done.

The fact that you are trying to nerf him when he purchases a certain item, and needs to have a certain amount of ability with the player is like saying that when a good player plays a nova has a masamune/time splitter she is OP and needs a nerf.

The fact that you are trying to nerf him when he purchases a certain item, and needs to have a certain amount of ability with the player is like saying that when a good player plays a nova has a masamune/time splitter she is OP and needs a nerf.

No, it's not at all. Because micro gets his warp shard 20 minutes before Nova starts to actually do damage, and Nova is still super squishy at this point and very easy to burst down, whereas micro almost reaches its full effectiveness with a 1850 gold item.

If you are not convinced, just look at the last tournament and count the number of games when micro is not either banned in the first phase or first picked. And then do the same for nova.

Micro used to be one of the heroes I never played and was really bad with. However recently I decide to play few pubs with him and learn little bit. This hero is ridiculous. Not only because great initiation with almost 100% chance to success, but also because of his damage output potential. Basically I decided to play him in different way focusing more on doing damage. So I haven't got early warp shard. In pubs it isn't needed so much as your enemies don't know how to keep save distance from u. His Fast Twitch has 100% STR scaling so my early items were focusing this attribute (Olympic Torch or Khala Stone) and Ocelot Revolver to abuse his high weapon damage. Entire mid game there was no INT or AGI hero who could survive Micro combo with this items (3 Revolver ticks) while he was still very tanky. After u simply snowballing ending with score like 15-0 or higher if game is long enough.

As an inhouse player I'm aware that pubs aren't good environment to determine hero balance but this way I've found that his potential is higher than great initiation tool. Hard to test this in inhouse as he is always banned, however with his great last hitting it is possible to make it work. I think it is too much for one hero that he can toss easily enemy hero entire screen range and do a lot of damage at the same time. So at least one of below should be considered:

- rework his blink into sth else. With SHC hero is very hard to deal with and he always can toss someone

- decrease his toss range. 14 is way to much. There is no came back after u get tossed so far away from your team. It shouldn't be more than 10

- decrease his abilities damage output. Compare 280 (+60% INT) to Barlog Scretch 200 (+50% INT)

I don't like an idea of channeling time for his toss ability. Just toss range should be reduced.