Shadow teleport

merinor

I think the reason everyone hates shadow is for two reasons. one because he teleports during aa making a good 25% of many many hero abilities useless (lol null void missile OOPS tele'd LOL!). The other reason is that if he isn't teleporting, he is gaining movement speed bonus fromt hat stupid ability (what is it opression or some junk?) and then moves in to teleport to you and kill you anyway..

Personally i would like to see his teleport ONLY effective fi shadow has engaged the unit in melee combat (limit one mob / player at a time).

Honestly seeing this guy kill a creep, then chase me down at same move speed half way down the map, then see his burst of speed from passive jump in, teleport to me, and kill me is kinda wonky.

I could definitely see this being as 'if shadow has not engaged you in the last 20-30 sec or even a minute, teleport ability is not functional until in DIRECT melee range, where as the ability will continue working again'. This is also a great ability for kiting people which is also kind redoc (ie two melee chase you, i'll teleport to one ranged via aa, then teleport to another range, thus playing monkey in the middle with 3-4 people at once).

This ability could use a slight nerf.

He is, however, one of the most annoying heroes to deal with because his evasion - and it is evasion - allows him to dodge a vast majority of single target, and some AoE skills simply because you cannot target his area. Unlike Cyprus, Micro, Impact Dial, there is no timing involved, no clever juke to dodge a technique that makes people go "Damn that was a good dodge", no. It's just "He can passively dodge by literally being too hard to target.

If this ability could be retained but either 1. Given a mana cost, or 2. Become an active for X attacks, or 3. Works when the target is more than 1.5 units away from Shadow (So in melee range it doesn't blink, but while chasing it does), it could retain its functionality but offer less headaches.

And for those people that say he needs Stepping Strikes to dodge, I have three active arguments, 4 or 5 item arguments, and 1-4 player arguments for you.

EDIT: He may be one of the weakest DPS wise, but he has one of the more powerful AoE nuke abilities, a free AoE lockbox that acts as a slow/speed, and a giant AoE blind that causes massive congestion in team fights. So his AAs aren't as powerful as Darpa, he's got a ton more CC.

Not that I think Shadow is in the slightest bit more than underpowered, but Shrapnel is a bad life choice against him. His timescale (and parallax, if the shadow has brains) makes it pretty painful. Barbed if he's going just regular DPS, Shadowmourne if he is trying to avoid being countered by platting and gets items like Sliptide and problem solves itself.

Don't really think this is much of a problem. He's squishy and he's melee - that is a bad combo. Unless you get surprised, you can usually kill him before he gets close enough to use stepping strikes.

The only thing that bothers me about stepping strikes is that it requires no skill or management on the part of the person playing shadow. I wish there was some way to change the dynamics so that it required the player to actually do something. I think shadow is an incredibly boring hero to play. Basically, press A, click a target and hope you don't die before you get there. Sometimes, you ulti or use vortex before you do that. At least nova requires careful management of her "e" skill in terms of using it offensively or defensively; shadow's just click and pray.

If stepping strieks really is a problem, it could be made into a toggle ability, instead of a passive, and make it consume something like 1% or .5% of his total mana per second, meaning blowign it on creeps would leave him unarmed but when he wants to haunt a hero he can do so while still getting to cast his spells too.

To be honest i find shadow fine. I played a game as cyprus where he had a buffer, sliptide, and galaxy, but I still burst him down everytime he spawned. Shadow is easy to kill with rancor, drake, micro, balrog, raynor, nova, darpa, boros, taser, shrapnel, mantle, barbed.

Shadow is fine. Even ignoring counters, his "teleport" is predictable and doesn't stop AoE attacks and his movement speed is not nearly as good as a blink. I used to hate shadow as much as the next guy, but if you honestly know what you are doing he's a very easy hero to fight.