Dont bring this mutant to life

residente

69261_554395251261913_569859378_n.jpg

He got nuclear radiaton or what?

Anyway and I will be flobing serious. Stop, please, stop making new heroes, and fix the current ones, please, dont work on this guy, even if he will be as amazing as old LZ, fix StarScream, fix the other million bugs you know exist, and then make new heroes.

Why we want this new Zealot if it will be autobanned in IH...?

dude there are no bugs, there just features and mechanics

--Game Bugs--

-The base does not detect

-Attacking the siege tank in the wave will aggro neutrals

-Surrender function derps when someone leaves while a surrender vote is open

-There is no longer a menu to see all of Maar's orb combinations and their different damage values per level

--Hero Specific Bugs--

-Balrog is doing 5.5 more damage then he should be with his AAs[Lvl 1 (850 Hp, 66 Wpndmg), Dealt 114 Damage to Obelisk]

-Vorpal Loses all orbs when entering T.Bone's Toilet

-Vorpal Javelin is mostly a stun, not a root (disables AA and Spell cast), but does NOT cancel Unix's ult (cancels most other channels)

-Starscream can Recall while still flying/attacking in flight mode

-Starscream does not get movespeed talents while in flight mode. Not sure if applicable to any other talents

-Starscream drops flying items while in flight mode

-Starscream, when rooted by javelin or stunned by stun baton, will show the animation repeatedly

-Starscream has weird interactions with lockbox and bandits artiface

-If Starscream tries to buy while in the middle of transforming, he loses money but does not gain the item

-Dustin's Rockets will target Bio Minions with equal chance as actual heroes

-Small Hadron Collider and Warpshard do not move Starscream if he is in flight mode

-Garamond's Towers still do not drawn neutral aggro

-Rancor's Heroic Passive doesn't refund minerals if you have a full inventory

-Garamond's attacks do not remove electric mantle's stun, but he does get stunned by it

-Mephitic Armor autocasts onto Dustin's Drone

-Unix and Brine can both get their tentacles stuck on a unit/a location, similar to Jackson's Magnetic Link Bug.

-Tassadar's Illusion proc's Gold per 10 effects

-Vorpal's Surge does not damage non-aggro'd neutrals

-Bio's Claymore doesn't suck in enemies as stated in the tooltip

-Queen's ultralisk is not dealing proper damage

-Grunty's ult will briefly stack on level (since it has a duration)

-Unix can toss marines up on the overlook by short lane tier 2 towers, and attack the towers for free

-Stat cap of 1000 can permanently lower the stat if exceeded (possible for egon, drake)

-Boros Bola break range can drop targets off in un-pathable terrain

-Tosh's Spectre stun CD no longer shows up as his W, but rather the skill itself.

-Knock up effects (Justicar's Q and Drake's R) don't stack

It's important to strike a balance between new hero releases and current gameplay balance/patch fixes. Having new content makes the game more refreshing, but at the same time there must be a focus on balancing/fixing existing game content as well. Ultimately, they are all important and none should be neglected. I'm sure there's the possibility of efficiently prioritizing development time to all of these.

Therefore, while I understand the fundamental worry OP brings up, I don't think it's fair to completely scrap a very "epic" looking hero (and potentially fun hero) in the name of bug fixes.

Why not do both? I, for one, am very excited for this new hero.

ekco does this for free and for fun. if it was you would you rather build something new or spend ages fixing things. which would be less boring? he is only human. why don't you learn how to use the editor and offer your services as a debugger rather than making a pointless forum thread about it?

Mmm I don't know, I find satisfaction in preening up my own work and making it the best it can be rather than adding new stuff most of the time. Then again, I might just get burnt out too if Blizzard keeps making major patches that create tons of new bugs.

You can't expect Ekco to just look at a bug and go "Oh, I know how to completely fix this with 100% certainty", especially with Blizzard not doing any favors with their patches. That's like expecting a doctor to diagnose your illness when the only symptom you'll tell him about is a fever. Sure, there are some common causes, but sometimes you've got bugs that you have absolutely no idea how to fix. Heck, even multimillion dollar game companies can't instantly find and fix GAMEBREAKING bugs.

While I can't claim that I'm that good with the editor, from personal experience, it's just about as likely for you to find the solution to a bug while working on something else as it is when you're sitting there frustrated after hitting multiple dead ends.

Edit: Yaldi also has a point. Bugs from games created by people from a modding community tend to get solved quite quickly since people are able to suggest possible fixes.

Why we want this new Zealot if it will be autobanned in IH...?

That sounds like more of a problem with IH than with the hero itself. I really find it interesting how the same people who say that meaningful balance only applies to IH because it's organized and based in teamwork... then auto-ban every new hero that comes out and wait for them to be balanced by analysis in pubs before allowing them into IH.

80% or so of the new heroes are introduced broken. Nova (to much dmg),justice(you can tell for yourself),vergil(unlimited energy at low hp more ts and 200% more dmg then now),null(alot more dmg then now and forcefields) all were extremely broken.

And even those got 1 or 2 ih's before they were autoed. I dont think residente means we autoban it without playing it but: Due to our experience with new hero balance this new zealot will be introduced way overpowered and we will have to autoban it for at least some nerf attempts.

80% or so of the new heroes are introduced broken. Nova (to much dmg),justice(you can tell for yourself),vergil(unlimited energy at low hp more ts and 200% more dmg then now),null(alot more dmg then now and forcefields) all were extremely broken.

And even those got 1 or 2 ih's before they were autoed. I dont think residente means we autoban it without playing it but: Due to our experience with new hero balance this new zealot will be introduced way overpowered and we will have to autoban it for at least some nerf attempts.

How much reliable data can you get out of 1-2 matches? Or even 10 or 20 matches? Data analysis of any practical value needs to be done over several observations. It'd be a much, much better idea to have a moratorium on auto-bans for new heros for at least a week, possibly 2-3, so that they can be observed and analysed in detail. Then, if they're still considered OP and a change hasn't been implemented, go ahead and auto them while waiting for the numbers to be crunched and adjustments to be made.

waiting for the numbers to be crunched and adjustments to be made.

Implying the quoted part actually takes place.

edit :

Seriously though, the problem is that the data you can gather from pubs are not relevant to competitive play to a certain extent, and we don't have enough data on competitive matches to crunch numbers.

Before you argue with the 1st part of my sentence, let me give you an example to reinforce my point. Zeus is a dota 2 hero who has one of the top winrate, he's 3rd with 56.7% winrate (those stats include all the public games played since dota 2 beta started fyi); yet he hasn't been picked in a competitive match in 2012.

edit 2 :

Also even though playing the new heroes more would provide more data, if the hero is stupidly broken then the game is just not as enjoyable with him and having fun is more important than balancing the game (especially when you aren't in charge of balancing).

That sounds like more of a problem with IH than with the hero itself. I really find it interesting how the same people who say that meaningful balance only applies to IH because it's organized and based in teamwork... then auto-ban every new hero that comes out and wait for them to be balanced by analysis in pubs before allowing them into IH.

Jakk summers wasn't auto'd.

Plz do that transformer! Though I don't understand that blur.

Balancing and creating new heros can be done at same time or not, games evolves in new content but fixing bugs too. Not only in one way.

No one of here, not just 1 person is authorized here to demand working from developers since they are not among them and they don't understand how this work.

Some heros are banned cause a group of selected people decides to ban them in games they play. Rest of games you can pick it.

Plz do that transformer! Though I don't understand that blur.

Balancing and creating new heros can be done at same time or not, games evolves in new content but fixing bugs too. Not only in one way.

No one of here, not just 1 person is authorized here to demand working from developers since they are not among them and they don't understand how this work.

Some heros are banned cause a group of selected people decides to ban them in games they play. Rest of games you can pick it.

Please just go away.

Do you guys think it's better for a new hero to be up at first and scaled upwards? Or to have them op and scale down? I know it's difficult to hit a sweet balanced spot with new Heros, but which way would be easier to balance from? Up or op?

I think it is much better idea as it gives some challenge on IH level to make hero useful. This also gives more views on how hero can be potentially played.

no its kinda just eu being eu and autobanning the shap out of everything. theres a reason that meme exists.