[Item] Korhal Vanguard into T2?

Firnefex

Korhal Vanguard is a very interesting item, which I want to use more often. But sadly its a mediocre standalone item which can't be upgraded and really slows down the receipt of your first T2 item.

I know Phase Cloak for example does this too, but its much more useful and its stats alone is the price worth!

So my suggestion is to implement a new T2 item, that has KV as a component similar to Valor's Guise/Valor's Manifest.

Example:

KV (275 Health, 3 Armor, 8% SR, 6% Aura) 2065 Minerals + Hyperion Incinerator (45 Weapon Dmg) 1650 Minerals + Focus Prism (8% Weapon Speed) 425 Minerals

= Korhal Dominator (300 Health, 10% Weapon Speed, 45 Weapon Dmg, 5 Armor, 12% SR, 7% Aura, ) for 4500 Minerals.

That would be a plus of 25 HP, 2% AS, 2 Armor, 4% SR and 1% Aura for a 360 Minerals Recipe.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Current suggestion: Korhal Judicator [4500]

275 Health

5 Armor

10% SR

1 Energy Regen

Unique: Every second nearby allies gain +4 Strength and +1% Damage Resistance up to +36 STR and +9% DR.

If they are out of range allies loose 2 stacks (8 STR and 2% DR) every second.

But look at Electric Mantle, its also a super tank item and it gives you dmg and dmg reflect! Also, if you give "Korhal Dominator" even more tanky stats, everyone will go for this UBER TANK item.

Now it would be a really good tanky alround item, it gives you a lot of protection but doesn't cut your dmg-output that much.

I bet the key to your item change is a split-nature item.

Korhal Khala Alliance

Components:

• Korhal Vanguard [275 Health, 3 Armor, 8% Spell Resistance, 6% Damage Resistance Aura] [2065]
  • Khala Stone

I forgot what Khala Stone gives, please tell me. I will then complete this item.

or

Korhal System

Components:

• Korhal Vanguard [275 Health, 3 Armor, 8% Spell Resistance, 6% Damage Resistance Aura] (2065)
  • Pulse Regenerator [0.75 Energy Regeneration] (425)
  • Emerald Mox [250 Health] (425)
  • Recipe (575)

Total Cost: 3490

Gives:

• 575 Health
  • 4 Armor
  • 8% Spell Resistance
  • 1.00 Energy Regeneration
  • 6% Damage Resistance Aura [+2% per nearby enemy hero in 11 units]

A much needed semi-low-resistance item that would be bought for its health benefits. It also gives slight energy regeneration.

or

Goliath's Heart

Components:

• Korhal Vanguard [275 Health, 3 Armor, 8% Spell Resistance, 6% Damage Resistance Aura] (2065)
  • Xel'Naga Cartilage [450 Health] (1050)
  • Recipe (735)

Total Cost: 3850

Gives:

• 525 Health
  • 3 Armor
  • 8% Spell Resistance
  • 8% Health Aura
  • 6% Damage Resistance Aura

ofcourse, I didn't really think these through.

I also thought about merging KV and Khala Stone, because both are underused and good in the beginning. This would kill two birds with one stone!

But its name gives problems, because Khala=religion of Protoss and Korhal=group of Terrans, they don't really fit together. :-)

Khala Stone [1495]:

14 STR

0.75 Energy Regen

Unique: +4 STR/2 sec. within 15 units up to +36 STR, -8 StR/s sec. when >15

+Korhal Vanguard [2065]:

275 Health

3 Armor

8% SR

6% Aura

= xxx [4500]

275 Health

5 Armor

10% SR

1 Energy Regen

Unique: Every second nearby allies gain +4 STR and +1% Damage Resistance up to +36 STR and +9% DR.

Out of range allies loose 2 stacks (8 STR and 2% DR) every second.

Well, you made it up already =D

I think you're missing the +14 STR from the Khala Stone.

Then why not name it Defiance Guard, because you're merging two things that can't be merged at all according to their names. It also incorporates a fraction of "Vanguard" =D.

I think that the item merged from Khala Stone and Korhal Vanguard could be something that doesn't mean you perpetually have +50 STR from the item...

And Defiance Guard sounds weird. Maybe "Khala Vanguard"? That at least makes logical sense from a word standpoint.

E.g.:

300 Health

5 Armor

10% SR

+10 STR

1 Energy Regen

[unique] Every second nearby allies gain +4 STR and +1% Damage Resist for each enemy in range stacking up to 9 times (+36 STR, +9% Damage Resist). If an ally is out of range or there are no enemies in range, they lose 2 stacks (-8 STR -2% Damage Resist) every second.

[unique] Nearby allies gain +4 STR and +6% Damage Resist.

I think you're missing the +14 STR from the Khala Stone.

Then you would have nearly as much STR and Health as Carapace but with good defensiv stats, that would be too much!

E.g.:

300 Health

5 Armor

10% SR

+10 STR

1 Energy Regen

[unique] Every second nearby allies gain +4 STR and +1% Damage Resist for each enemy in range stacking up to 9 times (+36 STR, +9% Damage Resist). If an ally is out of range or there are no enemies in range, they lose 2 stacks (-8 STR -2% Damage Resist) every second.

[unique] Nearby allies gain +4 STR and +6% Damage Resist.

There is no item that has more than 6 properties inclusive avtive and unique, and noone with more than 1 unique!

So I decided to remove the STR and mix the uniques together, an upgrade to 300 Health sounds better but its still too much, I only don't wanted to give less than Korhal Vanguard.

My suggestion has 275HP+36STR=635 Health in comparison to Carapace with 450HP+48STR=930 Health, only 295 Health difference, but more defensiv and for allies. You see my point?

For the name, maybe "Korhal Judicator"?

Archived