[Chuck TBone v1.10][WiP] Killing you...with toilets

Relic

Note probably not complete yet, Need to update with videos (which I plan i doing ASAP, and updating with pics). A few sections are also missing, I probably shouldn't start writing guides really late :\

Chuck TBone

Moooove out

by Relic

Introduction:

So why play Chuck TBone?

Chuck TBone is a Str hero, but outputs a lot of AoE spell damage and he is commonly built int. With a well placed combo, he can take a group of enemies and shatter their health. If they are in a creep wave, even better, every unit hit echos some damage. TBone can assist anywhere on the map providing damage with a global ult, or healing them with that very same skill. His ultimate is basically a pool that you can spawn at any time given the mana to cast it (which building int means its usually not a problem). Just remember when playing TBone, that positioning is extremely important with TBone, if you misplace a wall, it could mean the death of your teammates, or your enemy would escape because of that misplaced wall.

Anyways, I welcome you to this guide on a bipedal cow who kills people with toilets.

The Cheat Sheet: Use this as your Alt-tab guide!

Talent build: Again, I run 0/16/9 on TBone

2v28k0z.png

The Skill Build:

W > Q > Q > E > Q > R > Q > E > E > E > R > Max W > Max R

More on why I max E before W in the actual Guide section

The Item build:

Start with: :DuransPendant: or :SpaceBattery: and :Transporter:

Boots; :TimewalkersGreaves:

Int DPS Items: :TwinParadoxIsolator: > :YamatoReactor: , :MossbergTaser: , :SunflareGun: , :NitrogenRetrofit: , :IhanCrystal: (get these in the order that suits you)

Completed Items set should look something like this (for Int Burst Cow): :TimewalkersGreaves::YamatoReactor::MossbergTaser::SunflareGun::NitrogenRetrofit::IhanCrystal:

The Guide:

I do realize there are a few ways to play TBone, I haven't ever tried AA cow, but I might do it just to update this guide with more information.

The main portion of this guide focuses on playing a Int burst damage TBone, and with well placed combos, will usually melt any squishy INT or AGI hero. TBone does bring about a lot of utility, properly positioned walls can trap enemies in and give you easy kills, stop that enemy advance, or disrupt the positioning of other heroes to your advantage (or potential disadvantage if you misplace walls)

As TBone, ALWAYS keep in mind how many charges you have, it can make or break a combo. I cannot count the number of times I have not paid attention to charges and let a guy get away because the double wall split away from him. ALWAYS know the number of charges you have. and pick the right tool for the engagement when you do have double charges.

The Background Information:

Lore:

Alignment: Neutral Good

After Raynor's expedition in the Outlands, several Confederate scientists travelled into Horde territories to observe native inhabitants, eventually coming across the muscular beauty of the Tauren Tribes. Intrigued by their physique, they offered a select few Tauren the oppurtunity to travel into space to test their extraordinarily high-specced suits.

A shaman in his own right, TBone has fully synergized his shamanistic rites with the Confederate Power Suit, amplifying his ability to form the earth itself into sculptures of his affection.

Skill set:

Capacitive Clip

Every spellcast, TBone stores a Capacitive Clip charge. If TBone uses an ability while he has 2 charges, the ability consumes all charges and gains an added effect

TBone can manually consume 1 Capacitive Clip charge [E] to deal an additional [150% weapon damage] Spell damage on his next attack [3 second cooldown]

• Usually used as a harassment tool during the laning phase as no one has spell resist and it boosts your damage out.
  • Remember this is spell damage and is affected by spell resist(despite being an auto attack)
  • Does trigger Black Hole Magnum/Ocelots Revolver, dealing massive amounts of spell damage in one attack.

I frequently use this to harass during the lane and to last hit if I can. It also helps control the number of charges you have, so you don't accidentally double wall. Regardless of building AA or not, you should frequently use this as it boosts your damage output (and pubs normally don't build spell resist)

Brownstone Fissure [Q]

TBone creates a wall of Portable Outhouses 10 units long towards target location, lasting 8 seconds and dealing Spell Damage to nearby enemies.

[if TBone is fully charged] TBone's wall splits in 2 directions at an angle based on target point.

Level 1: Deals 50[+80% INT] Spell Damage

Level 2: Deals 100[+80% INT] Spell Damage

Level 3: Deals 150[+80% INT] Spell Damage

Level 4: Deals 200[+80% INT] Spell Damage

• ​Has a decent AoE around to wall where it does damage (only during creation of wall
  • Wall will block movement (though Shadow Phase strikes and other blinks still through the wall)
  • Beware: it blocks everything, don't get your teammate killed!
  • "V" walls when fully charged, if you target close to you, the ends of the walls with be farther apart and wider, if you click far from you, it will be narrower.

This is basically your main skill and a skill that defines TBone. With proper positioning, this can trap an enemy and net you a kill. I also you this to farm (in conjunction with my ult and Echo Matrix). This wall also deals an impressive amount of damage, especially with its decent INT scaling. Also about the "V" walls and single walls. In most cases you can get away with just using single walls. "V" walls are much harder to use and due to the nature of the spell, will frequently get in the way of your teammates. If you can use this near a cliff, you can completely trap a target in (picture a triangle, I'll have a video explain all this when I can get on my main computer again).

Again: Try and use single walls whenever you can, they are much simpler to use and a lot easier to aim.

Anabolic Burst[W]

TBone gains +100% Movement Speed for .75 seconds and deals Spell Damage to enemies in his path.

[if TBone is fully charged] Burst grants +300% Movement Speed for .75 seconds and deals additional Spell Damage

Level 1: Deals 40[+50% INT] Spell Damage[+40 Spell damage when fully charged]

Level 2: Deals 50[+50% INT] Spell Damage[+50 Spell damage when fully charged]

Level 3: Deals 60[+50% INT] Spell Damage[+60 Spell damage when fully charged]

Level 4: Deals 70[+50% INT] Spell Damage[+70 Spell damage when fully charged]

• Avoid using this skill when you pop your TPI, the time scale boost basically means this spell lasts all of .1 seconds, and you get nowhere fast
  • This is TBone's primary positioning skill, also handy for chases/escapes
  • Basically doubles damage if fully charged(without the int scaling)

​In my play style of TBone, I rarely use this skill as a source of damage, its not that it is not a good source of damage, its just frequently I will need it to escape or reposition my self for a wall to trap the person. This is also why I max it last, because I really only use it for positioning and for harass. Combo this with a capacitative clip and you can start really annoying those lane opponents as you burst up to them, pop E, and shoot them once, dealing quite a bit of damage, before escaping back to the safety your creep wave. I do see people use this as damage, and in some cases I do use this as a source of damage (if they are close enough to a cliff for me to burst slightly past them, but right next to them and wall them off so they take large amounts of damage).

Echo Matrix[Passive]

Whenever an enemy takes Spell Damage from TBone's abilities, they echo additional Spell Damage to nearby enemies.

Level 1: Deals 30 Spell Damage

Level 2: Deals 40 Spell Damage

Level 3: Deals 50 Spell Damage

Level 4: Deals 60 Spell Damage

• This is a fantastic passive and really helps out TBone in teamfights
  • Also helps instantly clear creep waves quickly
  • Doesn't echo damage from itself

Not much to say about this, it probably is underestimated a majority of the time, but imagine hitting 5 enemies with your ultimate, they then take an additional 240 damage if they are close enough together. It is extremely powerful in team fights if people start grouping up too much and makes TBone harassing in lane a bit more annoying.

Brownstone Totem[R]

TBone plants a Brownstone Totem to a target location, lasting 15 seconds and dealing Spell Damage on impact. Units can be loaded into the unit to regenerate 3% health and energy per second. Brownstone Totems have 125+25*LVL Health

[if TBone is fully charged] The cooldown of Brownstone Totem is reduced by 15 seconds.

Level 1: Deals 100[+60% INT] Spell Damage

Level 2: Deals 175[+60% INT] Spell Damage

Level 3: Deals 250[+60% INT] Spell Damage

• Global cast range; just remember, it takes time to get there
  • Heals 45% of a units health if they get in from the beginning, timescale WILL increase this.
  • Has very little vision range.

This is what causes TBone to be such a useful character to have on a team. As soon as he hits level 6, he can send his ult to other lanes and help out in ganks, or to heal up teammates. It is also is a pretty good source of damage, and its low cooldown allows you to basically spam this. Because you will basically place this down during most of your combos, you can always hop in and regen a lot of that mana that you just used and be prepared for the next fight.

Talents:

I grab 0/16/9 talents, getting Health and along with the bonus minerals from kills and assists in the defense tree, along with both actives in the defense tree. In Utility, avarice is a great talent to pick up, I also get the energy and energy regen.

Item section: Need to add later

Combos and Gameplay:

Early Game:

During the early game and the laning phase, I normally take one of the side lanes, as the amount of cliffs allow for more chances to wall off and secure a kill. I also charge up to two clips in the pool. Get those last hits, an whenever your enemy comes in for a last hit, burst up to them, use a Capacitive clip and shoot them in the face. Keep up this harass constantly. If you have 2 charges already, use your E first, then burst up and shoot them. When you hit level 3, you can normally go for a kill if your enemy is low enough. Simply burst into position and wall them off. You have to wait for them to get a close to a cliff, and angle your wall so that they are trapped between it and the cliff. Once you hit level 6. Simply add your ultimate to the combo, once they are dead, hop in and regen your health and mana. Be sure to always keep an eye on the minimap once you hit level 6 as you can help your teammates and send toilets their way to help them heal up and recover from fights, or if you have excellent timing, send that toilet over for some damage.

Basic Early game combo: Harass with W -> E

Once they get low enough: Burst[W] into position and Wall[Q] them off, use E if you have any charges

Once you get to level 6: W -> Q -> R -> E(if you have any charges) or W -> R -> Q -> E(if you have charges), depending on how many charges you have and what effect you need, I normally burn the a full charge with my ult, so the cooldown is reduced, but if you can guarantee a trap, go for the V wall to ensure they cannot escape.

Mid Game:

Once mid game comes around, your combo more or less stays the same, simply add in any item effects; taser your primary target or activate Ihan before you pull off the combo. If you are still farming, keep an eye on the minimap and use your ult to assist your team in any ganks. Otherwise you can just farm up creep waves with a wall and an ult for a lot of money. If you have the chance, try to cage anyone out of position and kill them. In team fights I am for the squishiest heroes first, trying to get in position to drop the entire combo on them. Once that is done, I then turn my attention more towards utility. Using TPI to refresh my cooldowns and stopping any remaining people from running and allowing my team to clean up anyone left in the fight.

Combo: Ihan/taser -> W -> Q -> R -> E -> TPI; Remember to always use your E when you have any extra charges. or to avoid using double charges when you don't need it.

Late game:

Once late game comes, unless you have built up a large item advantage, INT burst damage cow starts to fall off. He can still take down enemies, but it becomes more difficult and a lot more prolonged. Your job late game is to trap the enemies and allow your team to get easy kills because they enemy can't run anywhere. Be sure to NOT trap your own teammates. One poorly place double wall or single wall can be a whole lot of trouble. Continue to assist where you can and push waves.

W first is actually by far the best. W E Q is almost universally the order I go with.

W has low mana cost and lets you build up charges quickly; so you can take advantage of Consume Capacative* Clip really easily and harass.

Space Battery is a great starting item on Cow no matter how you play him, as it gives 6 damage which becomes 9 spell damage. Now that's not much at all except at level 1-3 when you have less than 900 health with most heroes; and the bonus regen helps immensely with it as you can get off more [150% Weapon Damage] shots. ;D

I always buy 2 quantum spade and teleport to begin +20 dmg, with the extra hp and hp regen and mana and mana regen from talents so i have decent hp and mana sustain and i dont need one of the 3 starting items. I try tu buy fast phase cloack (when i play cow i like go mid) so i can gank very easy, with the weapon charged and 2 extra charges, i go cloacked and i do 1/5, 1/4, 1/3(against casters without def talents) dmg per shot, so i can kill easy if the lanemates do it properly, then i like buy flare gun, then contamination shard, or maybe khali blade, then i finish the sunflare, then the khali or cont (depend of what item i bought first) and i finish with the boots, this build is for early and mid game, with that massive dmg u should get kills relatively easy, the int from sunflare can make you kill with spells and the echo dmg, some games i change the khali blade for a bhm, wich make you do more and more spell dmg in 1 shot, in end game with the spell resist and armor, with your low attack speed you can't do much unless you are overfeed, anyway i prefer that build, requires more skill i think, and its so funny, you must be superhiperduper agressive to kill something, since I saw chinua playing cow that way, it's one of my favourites heros :P

I also play Cow this way - it is much more fun than standard INT build. However problem with this build is fact that you are pretty squishy. Thats why I think u need at least one Electric Mantle in this build. It also gives 50 weapon damage to STR heroes so synergize quite well with main goal. During early/mid game it isn't an issue because of Phase Cloak, however late game almost everyone has detection and once u get caught u are dead.

I'm still looking for the most balanced build to play cow this way, atm I have still problems with sustain and dying to much during teamfights. Maybe I get a lot of kills but not getting killed is also important thing. Currently I building cow with:

- double quantum spade at start

- phase cloak, later replaced with another Electric Mantle or HoM/Contamination Shard/Khali Blade/Valors Manifest

- timescale boots or STR boots

- mossberg taser

- SFG

- Electric Mantle

- BHM

To consider - would be Valors Manifest nice for Cow in this build? It provider +70 weapon damage for non AGI heroes and over 50 AGI which is a lot of armor and some attack speed, 250 health and even 15% critical chance.

Btw. I saw Chinua recently in some pub with his Cow. After Phase Cloak he get double +45 weapon damage item and achieved over 200 weapon dmg very fast to abuse Clips. While in 1v1 situation he was able to kill opponent very fast then once he gets ambushed he has no chance to survive. However I must admit he played Cow in very confident way. Not like me with many miss clicks, accidental double walls, or standing still after using phase cloak + mossberg instead of attacking tasered enemy. Still need more practise...

I learnt seeing chinua playing cow, and now i can play cow very decently imo, i can win in ih with cow mid vs vespus, grunty, boros or vorpal, confirmed.

I agree with cow's squishyness, 2k hp at lvl 18 i u dont have any str item, that's why i like phase cloack at the start, the cloack can save you, your enemies will have to buy tons of scanners or elixirs, and burst dmg cow can kill an elixir hero in 2 seconds so...

the problerm is late game i think, with heroes with 4k hp or heroes with 400 dmg each shot... you can do easily 1000 dmg with E but in that second, a shadow can attack you 3 times with 400 dmg each hit

Hmmm... Since I'm learning cow right now, I'd have to say I prefer W-Q-E. Having that wall seems quite important as other heroes get their utility skills at level 2, effectively cancelling out.

Since I'm new to playing cow, I would like to have some advice on his item build. Here's the current set I use:

Starting Items

:QuantumSpade::Balancer::Transporter:

Well, you could see the usual Quantum Spade, but I prefer a Balancer as second over another Quantum Spade. For some reason, it works better for me. Can someone please explain why I should get another Quantum Spade over a Balancer? I'm really confused.

Early-Mid Items

:QuantumSpade: -> :PhaseCloak:

:TimewalkersGreaves:

:Sledgehammer: or :GravitonBooster:, depending on who are more ( Tanks/AA = Sledgehammer | Casters = Graviton Booster)

:Balancer:

For me it's pretty decent to rush Phase Cloak, even after the nerf to 25 weapon damage, since it also gives a handy cloak for escape and element of surprise. I prefer Timewalker's Greaves over Morphing Boots (STR), because for some reason, I drain my energy too fast. Finally, the Sledgehammer is the path to Weapon Damage, or the Graviton Booster for Weapon Speed, which will be later build as an Isomorphic Pyre or Mossberg Taser. The Graviton Booster may also be built into an Isomorphic Pyre, but in terms of components I go with Sledgehammer first.

Final Items

:IsomorphicPyre: or :MossbergTaser:, depending on the previous item

:SunflareGun:

:BlackHoleMagnum:

:PhaseCloak: sell for :ForceofEntropy:

:ElectricMantle:

well, I know my build is pretty bad, so I really need help. I want to learn cow!!!

I usually build intel cow but I'm not exactly sure how to build him. I just know some people say build INTcow build INTcow so I just build purely INT

I start with :DuransPendant: and then get :TimewalkersGreaves:

If I die a couple of times or if I think I need help getting away I will get :ImpactDial:

Otherwise I get :HiggBosonCapacitor: which then turns into :ArgusCrystal: or if you're playing a cypress (most likely not), :NitrogenRetrofit:

Anyways final build/possible troll build is pure int which is like

:NitrogenRetrofit::IhanCrystal::ArgusCrystal::ArgusCrystal::TimewalkersGreaves:

or

swap a couple of above items with :YamatoReactor:

Smarter build is probably with Taser and maybe pyre lulz

Timescale does not reduce the duration of buffs, only debuffs. Or atleast it is not supposed to. lmk if it actually does reduce the duration of cow's charge

Yeap, it certainly does. Hexachilling cow is one of my favorite troll builds, so I've used it quite often. And I can say for certain that Timescale reduces the duration of burst. I'm sure it's not intended though.

Hmmm... Since I'm learning cow right now, I'd have to say I prefer W-Q-E. Having that wall seems quite important as other heroes get their utility skills at level 2, effectively cancelling out.

Since I'm new to playing cow, I would like to have some advice on his item build. Here's the current set I use:

Starting Items

:QuantumSpade::Balancer::Transporter:

Well, you could see the usual Quantum Spade, but I prefer a Balancer as second over another Quantum Spade. For some reason, it works better for me. Can someone please explain why I should get another Quantum Spade over a Balancer? I'm really confused.

Early-Mid Items

:QuantumSpade: -> :PhaseCloak:

:Sledgehammer: or :GravitonBooster:, depending on who are more ( Tanks/AA = Sledgehammer | Casters = Graviton Booster)

:Balancer:

For me it's pretty decent to rush Phase Cloak, even after the nerf to 25 weapon damage, since it also gives a handy cloak for escape and element of surprise. I prefer Timewalker's Greaves over Morphing Boots (STR), because for some reason, I drain my energy too fast. Finally, the Sledgehammer is the path to Weapon Damage, or the Graviton Booster for Weapon Speed, which will be later build as an Isomorphic Pyre or Mossberg Taser. The Graviton Booster may also be built into an Isomorphic Pyre, but in terms of components I go with Sledgehammer first.

Final Items

:IsomorphicPyre: or :MossbergTaser:, depending on the previous item

:SunflareGun:

:BlackHoleMagnum:

:PhaseCloak: sell for :ForceofEntropy:

:ElectricMantle:

well, I know my build is pretty bad, so I really need help. I want to learn cow!!!

well the second quantum spade can be used to buy CoA

my final build is: :MorphingBootsStrength::SunflareGun::ContaminationShard::KhaliBlade::BlackHoleMagnum::CoatofArms:

you are weak and your AA arent as powerful as u maybe think, but in early/mid game your E hits are super powerful IMO, i like this build, its funny but against agi heros in late game is hard to use

No, it doesn't. Capacitive Clip is calculated over your weapon damage only. It doesn't 'see' any physical damage resistance, amplification or any kind of bonus damage. BHM works quite opposite - is calculated over damage dealt to the target so it does 'see' resistance/amplification but still doesn't 'see' criticals. Criticals are additional physical amount of damage. Otherwise Nova dps would be insane late game...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived