Aidanderson's guide to the ad (attack damage) carry

aidanderson

This is the third time I've wrote this guide so it

may be a bit shorter than I wanted since im getting angry that it won't post. The ad carry is the most important role late game and it is the most rewarding.

There are many ad carries in AoS. My favorites are darpa, nova, zeratul, and shadow in that order. Pretty much any agility hero can be an ad carry, but some are better than others.

For starting items you have two choices with exceptions with certain heros. The first choice is the most popular: duran's machete. It gives damage, hp, and life steal. These are very important stats for early game. The pros of getting this item is easier last hits and hp. The downside is low sustain. For more sustain start with boots and hp pots. The pros for this is sustain and you can dodge skill shots easily. The. Cons is it's harder to last hit. Get duran's machete if you are a newer player or if your support has a heal or if you are starting with a new player. Get boots and pots if you know how to last hit with your hero or if your support doesn't have a heal.

For talents, either get all offense excluding the caster talents. The other option is a much safer 0/11/14 talent tree that is very common on squishy heros like zeratul and especially shadow. In the defense tree you get armor, hp, and hp regen. In the utility tree you get energy regen, stats, and avarice. The first one is more offensive and should be taken if you have a support with a heal or if your support is lz. The second tree should be taken if your support doesn't have a heal or if you are a newer player.

For spells, if you go in the offense tree get shrivel, and get sprint unless you want energize more for the energy. If you get the 0/11/14 build just keep the heal and energy.

In lame mostly concentrate on getting last hits and not dying. Also harass the enemy occasionally but don't commit too much and over extend because the jungler could come for a gank. Don't worry about denying too much because if your support is good he should be doing it for you. Early game just worry about getting money.

For late game items get khali blade, FoE, Darwin's might, HoM, ismorphic pyre, contamination shard, valors manifest, and time splitter. Some items are better on different heros: khali is better on nova than zera, but time splitter is better on zera than nova. For boots get agi boots.

I am not including a Q&A section for this since this is my third time trying to post this and I am writing this on my iPod so it's not easy to rewrite. If you have any questions ask in the comments. Thank you for reading my guide. Next up in the series is jungler.

Its a useful guide, but it's rather plain. Same for goes for your other guides. I suggest you use bullet points and headers to make it more pretty. Also, if you're gonna do a guide for every hero role, you could possibly combine all of them into a "Hero Roles" mega-guide.

Your talents section could be better. Firstly, on no hero, ever, ever do you want to have a fully (or even partially offensive) offensive build. The only good thing in that tree is shrivel, and all the points before and after it that you spend, are almost wasted, if you compare to what you could have had in the other trees. If you already have a t1 (Shrivel, Protect, Recon), the default second talent would be Vitalize, not Energize. Lastly, people go for the 0/11/14 build to get Protect and Savvy. You should mention getting savvy, as it is arguably the best passive in talent in the game, and you certainly should have Protect in a 0/11/14, as it is beyond doubt the best active talent in the game.

While that sounds right, its a good idea to get machette with either, to help you last hit. That way you can get itemized more quickly with your chosen build.

This is true, but some heros have a high base damage or, in the case of zeratul and nova, have abilities that help with last hitting (zera's backstab, and nova's Q). You are right about last hitting but I am used to playing LoL so I'm used to last hitting much squishier creeps.

I get offensive tallents for leech and because I am very familiar with my main hero darpa. My starting item also depends on the other team. I get boots if they have a drake and a Boros so I don't get pulled. I do agree that getting 0/11/14 is very nice. I personally like it mainly on zera and shadow for the sustain. I think 0/11/14 is a better tree, but mostly offensive is still viable. The only thing talents do are help your early game with exception of spells.

Archived