Forum Etiquette

I want to ask about what conditions a post has to meet to be a necro.

I had posted something incomplete, had someone post on it. And then I reply to it. Could I reply to it again in order to notify people of the changes to the post or would the double post be frowned upon (and get me banned)

How hold is post before necroing it is frowned upon?

And is this a useless post because all of this is already a topic?

If yes, how should I make sure I don't make useless topics.

i needed to read this 3 times until i got it actually.

a topic isn't useless unless it provides valuable information, discussion, or anything else of value. and double posting is not recommended, because you can edit your last post.

according to this, this whole thread is useless :D

It would depend on whether the post is still relevant. For example, posting in a 2 month old thread about 6.0 Balrog would be a necropost. However, if you were to make a post in a thread about a gamebreaking bug after 1 month, and the bug still hasn't been resolved, then it would still be relevant.

But generally, posting in threads more than 2 weeks old is inadvisable. You can make consecutive posts if its to update your thread. I'd have banned DLlifer 3x over for his replay thread otherwise. Just don't do it for something like replying to multiple people.

Im going to make a guess that your predicament is something like this: You are doing the story for your manga and are going to write each bit in one large post. But you want to know if when you add more content to the first post you can bump your thread by adding a comment to it?

If this is the case I reckon the mods wont have a problem with this

Im going to make a guess that your predicament is something like this: You are doing the story for your manga and are going to write each bit in one large post. But you want to know if when you add more content to the first post you can bump your thread by adding a comment to it?

If this is the case I reckon the mods wont have a problem with this

BINGO! tyvm!

Archived