MULE

TheJack

Hey. Don't concentrate on only op heroes. I really like playing Mule (Garamond.Singsprocket) but he's TOO weak. I think he's one of the coolest hero but nobody wants play him becouse he sucks... He's weak on the begining and on the end of the game. I've tried all combos and still nothing. So i think he needs more hp and more weapon dmg. He's big fail in aeon of storms... he needs huge changes in a balance :)

As usual when we talk about Mule let me throw my 2 cents.

I have played a lot with Mule (mostly Pubs + some IH). The only way I can play Mule that can make him a mid/late-game Monster is with Lockbox. (All Mule play for me circles around getting a lockbox at lvl 5-7). I did share some replays 3 weeks ago showing what monster he can be (in pubs) but the links are left on the old Sotis site. (I would strongly suggest getting only timescale/int/hp items on him: Timewalkers, Yamatto (x2), Nitrogen, Argus, Chilling (instead of Argus if strong Agi enemy).

If played correctly with a decent team he can be a very decent hero (OP in pubs) but would aggree that he might needs some buff to make him viable without the Lockbox. Some suggetions:

- make all SCVs selectable on group 3

- his towers get some spell resist (say 50%)

- Ulti does true dmg

- SCVs get dmg buff (or get dmg nerf after,say, 3-4 hits)

- Oil reveals hidden units / amplifies explosive-fire dmg (might crease some synergies with other heroes that do fire dmg like Drake, Rory and make a Gara combo desireable in organized teamplay which can also use his slow)

- faster impact on mines

P.S.

Nerf Shadow already

Well, I like the idea of oil fires, it would make his ultimate better (i consider explosions fire) or he would be amazing with a SHM. Personally, i like how he was in v5.0 (whatever it was before it was remade again), with seekers as the ultimate and kill command easily spammable. But i agree, I tried a game where i stacked HoMs and it was pretty funny to see scvs pour out and do a lot of damage. But, a lockbox is a great idea, i keep meaning to try it sometime, but whenever i start playing i forget to try it :(.

P.S.

Shadow is fine

Hey. Don't concentrate on only op heroes. I really like playing Mule (Garamond.Singsprocket) but he's TOO weak. I think he's one of the coolest hero but nobody wants play him becouse he sucks... He's weak on the begining and on the end of the game. I've tried all combos and still nothing. So i think he needs more hp and more weapon dmg. He's big fail in aeon of storms... he needs huge changes in a balance :)

Unfortunately, my friend, this is certainly not the case. Garamond is actually an incredibly strong heroes. Peas and I were the only two who played him inhousing for while, but I always found him to be incredibly strong. Garamond is able to clear every wave instantly, has some of the strongest CC in the game, and has massive damage.

However, Garamond does require some skill to play. Hitting enemies with the mines at the right time is crucial, building up SCVs and timing the ult takes some skill, etc.

Build him with Timewalkers Greaves, Darksteel Titan, Chilling Artifact, Yamato Cannon, Mossberg Taser, Coat of Arms, and a Sunflare gun if you want to heavily support your team.

If, however, you want to build a killing Garamond (as I'm sure many do), build him with Timewalkers Greaves, Mossberg Taser, Sunflare Gun, Barbed plating, Superheated Mantle, and Yamato Cannon/Argus Crystal/Ihan Crystal.

Once someone's attacking you, get a few SCVs built on top of them, them Mossberg so they can't use abilities to knock them all out. Hit them with the Sunflare Gun and use your oil to slow them so that you an hit them with the mines. Use your ult just as you drop the mines to time it so they're still around for the explosoin. They will deal massive damage to themselves via their auto-attacks, thanks to barbed plating in addition to healing you because of the Sunflare Gun. Your superheated mantle has it's damage increased significantly by both the passive from Garamond's ultimate, and from the Mossberg Taser /Yamato/Argus Crystal.

I've been able to take on a shadow, a drake, and a bio at the same time during late game with these builds.

Well, I feel that his ultimate is abit too finnicky to be reliable. It's movespeed boost is pretty low, so you' probably won't catch anybody who moves normally. And also, theres the fact that you have to manually select your SCVs and send them after your opponent. I suggest a movespeed boost of 30% so that SCVs can slightly outrun most heroes and have SCVs automatically hotkeyed when ulti activates. I think Kill Command was more powerful when it was his W than it is now...

Next would be seeker missiles. Due to their slow speed and spread out area, hitting an opponent with all 5 seeker missiles is one of the harder feats in the game. However, the reward for accomplishing such a task is merely medium-high damage and a moderate stun. You'd get comparable results from hitting Grunty's rocket from 10 range, which is much easier to do. Hence, I feel that the damage per seeker missile should be increased by about 10 each, and stun durations be increased by 0.1. Seeker Missiles are sort of a skillshot, and if you manage to land all of them with good timing and skill, you should be rewarded with higher damage and stun than normal abilities.

Oil Slick is quite ok, but it could be made instant since its rather difficult to catch runners with the current deployment speed of the oil.

Turrets are just really squishy and vulnerable to attacks. Additionally, they're pretty bad for last hitting or harassment due to a small startup delay when switching targets. Damage resist for turrets would be good, as well as the removal of the startup delay.

Well, all 4 buffs may be abit excessive, but any 2 of them should be fine.

Well the two builds I like on him are one the focuses on SCV damage (coat of arms and dominion standard) and the other is a tanky build with superheated mantle, nitrogen refit, chilling artifact, organic carapace, and argus crystal (though barbed can be a good option instead against AA heroes). Basically the way you score kills is you run up to enemies in melee range with your mantle burning (which slows them due to nitro retrofit), then you simply fire off your rockets, lay down a tower or two, and cast your ultimate at melee range and hit them with oil slick. Kills squishies easily, but against tanky heroes you do quite a bit of damage but finishing them of course becomes a problem. This is way you focus on tower pushing as much as you can so you can force them to come to you, rather than the other way around. Playing him this way is non-intuitive because playing Garamond in a Kamikaze style of play doesn't seem to make sense when you think about it initially, however, it does work and it is very effective.

do pyre work on the scv's?

not even sure what works with the

scv's

From what I remember of what someone had posted on the last forum, item effects do procure, but at a lesser rate, so depending on what the percent is of each scv's damage is compared to what his total damage is, each scv would do say... 1% of max Hp or less or something like that, so it wouldn't be essentially more effective on him. Not sure how contamination shard works since it applies a debuff? You can't really apply 25% of a debuff can you? lol

Just because a hero lacks killing power does not mean they are weak seriously l2moba

its not like other moba's where teamworks really pays off. in HoN gettin assist helps the support heroes more than aos.

i like mule but his movement speed and the nerf of his spells makes it difficult to use unlike the other heroes.

They will deal massive damage to themselves via their auto-attacks, thanks to barbed plating in addition to healing you because of the Sunflare Gun.

I've said it before, but nobody seems to see it, but leech does not work for garamond. I had this bug reported on the old forums for well over a month and have told ecko/RNG directly about it. So unless a patch just fixed it in the past 24 hours, Gara doesn't leech.

On the topic of whether gara is weak, how many scv's does it take to have more damage in an aoe then cyps ult does to a single target, albeit harder to hit?

SCV's only proc item effects on their initial fly-in from Garamond.

;) And they proc it in full.

On closer note. if you have more than say x-6-x scv on target at once. the SCV land behind another, then walk around scv to target. this means that item procing is not 100% all time. as you need scv to fly to target and land on target to proc items. this means prye cant be proc all time as scv on target impede each other movement on fly-in.

Garamond is ridiculously hard to counter once he gets his ult. The only solution to his SCV's thus far that I have noticed is Shadow's vortex, which makes them all detonate while protecting the units inside.

Besides that, he can basically toss some scv's in and wipe out every creep wave instantly, which makes him really valuable when pushing a lane since you waste almost no time clearing the wave.

Facepalm...

I find that teamwork is literally the lost important part of this game.

because some heroes can just run in and run out from a pack of heroes

and kill one or two. zera and shadow comes to mind.

i have been playin mostly support heroes and enjoy it more than just romplestomple kill kill

gara is my 4th played support

Archived