Voidmaster Valrin

NoWaterJustIce

Changelog:

07/16/2012

-transfer from old site

07/17/2012

-attack range increase from 3 to 5

-changes void prison evasion from 15(+10%int) evasion to 20(+5%int) evasion and decreased all other evasion by 2%.

-increased the scaling of the dmg on his W and E

DarkArchon_SC1_Cncpt1.jpg

Voidmaster.Valrin

Portrait: Dark Archon(red archon).

Unit Base: Dark Archon(red archon)

Type: Armor Type (heroic)

Script: Valrin was the first student of the first Dark Templar in Protoss history. He Learned Quickly and soon surpassed his master and left seeking to further his powers. After traveling for many Centuries Valrin came to the edge of the universe. There he met a being of the Void from which he learned all the secret and powers of the void. The being from the Void, though powerful could not leave its home. Valrin agreed to merge with it to combine their powers and knowledge so that The void Being could finally leave. The resulting merge resulted in the first Dark Archon. With Valrin's new found power the Void was his to command and he hastened to teach his new findings to his Protoss brother-en. Unfortunately after only a few more Dark Templar had merged into Archons The Protoss Outlawed The creation Dark Archons out of fear of their great power and forced the few to leave their home world Forever. With no home but unlimited power Valrin wandered the universe for countless years before he finally found the Imperial Sanctum where he decided to stay and take out his vengeance upon the puny mortals living there.

Starting Stats:

Health – 250

Movement Speed – 2.75

Attack Range – 5

Attack Speed – 1.9

Damage – 40

Armor – 4

Energy – 200

Strength – 30(secondary) +5/level

Agility – 24(tertiary) +4/level

Intelligence – 33(primary) +6/level

--

Abilities:

Heroic passive

Voidmaster:

Valrin has become so close to the Void that when he uses an ability the Void surrounds him and his allies and makes them difficult to hit. Valrin and allies within 15 units of him have gain 10% evasion for 5 seconds after every time he uses and ability. Voidmaster evasion does not stack with itself but using another ability will refresh the 5 second buff.

Energy Cost: n/a

Cooldown: n/a

Range: n/a

Skills

Void Chasm:

Valrin breaks the space between the void and this world in a line making an impassible barrier that also blocks lines of sight. Void chasm lasts for 5 seconds at all levels

Energy Cost: 70/80/90/100 energy

Cooldown: 20

Range: 15

Level 1: wall is 3 units long (+0.25units/50int)

Level 2: wall is 4 units long (+0.25units/50int)

Level 3: wall is 5 units long (+0.25units/50int)

Level 4: wall is 6 units long (+0.25units/50int)

--

Void Walk:

Valrin slows down to walk in this world and the void at the same time. The initial entering of the void for Valrin causes a 5 unit diameter void wave, dealing initial dmg and then slowing enemies by 35% for 3 seconds. As he continues to walk in both worlds Valrin is harder to hit granting him evasion for 5 seconds after the explosion, but moves at -75% movement speed. Void Walk has a max of 3 charges and evasion from void walk is stack-able.

Energy Cost: 60/80/100/120

Cooldown: 15 seconds per charge Cd and 1 second Cd between charge uses.

Range: 4

Level 1: void walk deals 50 (+75%int dmg) and grants Valrin 6% evasion.

Level 2: void walk deals 80 (+75%int dmg)and grants Valrin 9% evasion.

Level 3: void walk deals 110 (+75%int dmg)and grants Valrin 12% evasion.

Level 4: void walk deals 140 (+75%int dmg) and grants Valrin 15% evasion.

--

Mind Control:

Valrin uses the void to force his will upon an enemy hero. the enemy hero takes dmg, is silenced, and must continue to walk in the direction they are facing.

Energy Cost: 100/120/140/160

Cooldown: 20

Range: 10

Level 1: 70 (+100%int) dmg and the effect lasts for .5 seconds

Level 2: 105 (+100%int) dmg and the effect lasts for 1 seconds

Level 3: 140 (+100%int) dmg and the effect lasts for 1.5 seconds

Level 4: 175 (+100%int) dmg and the effect lasts for 2 seconds

--

Ultimate

Void Prison:

Valrin channels for 2 seconds then sends an area 10 units in diameter, centered on himself, into the void. The edge of the prison acts as a sight and movement barrier. Additionally units inside lose allied vision and no longer grant their allies vision. All of Valrins allies inside the Prison gain 25% evasion. While in the Void Prison Void walk no longer slows Valrins movement speed.

Energy Cost: 200/350/500

Cooldown: 120 seconds

Range: self

Level 1: prison lasts for 4 seconds

Level 2: prison lasts for 6 seconds

Level 3: prison lasts for 8 seconds

Q is too strong for of a mechanic. Make it do either of the two (Blind or Block) and give it some sort of damage to compensate.

As for the evasion bonus potential this hero could add to a team... It seems a bit overwhelming. You will have 25% Evasion passively in junction with your passive as W hits level 4 and thats not even considering the scaling from your ult.

15+10% INT =

Late Game Scenario: 300 INT+ (which is quite low for a spell caster, but this hero seems to be sort of tanky support/caster)

15%+30% = 45% +25%... Not including voidsteppers or talents.

Sure that is just the duration of your ultimate but It seems as if this hero is not going to die anytime soon. Especially if one stacks evasion and goes AA DPS.

The kit is cool overall, but I am concerned about the hero's role and what it could unintentionally become.

The ONLY thing which would prove this otherwise... is the heros terrible AA range and slow movement speed.

On another note.

This hero has one damage ability and no AOE - combine that with the terrible AA range and slow movement speed, this hero would not be considered enjoyable by most due to the lack of ability to farm/kill/or find means of scaling later on in the game.

How will it get stronger? It has no kill-ability other than "Charming" players out of position with E, terrible range to last hit creep in lane, and only one damage ability that is a single target utility skill. Assist do pull money in... but that mean's the outcome of your game experience would be entirely dependent on your team. That could be frustrating.

OVERALL VERDICT:

1. Buff AA Range.
  2. Add a Potential Farm Mechanic or Killing Mechanic
  3. Rescale Evasion appropriately for the new changes (You might not even have to change it at all.)
  4. Potentially Change Q to Include damage but remove one of the preexisting effects to promote balance.
  5. Provide explanations as to how you would use this kit against enemies and how enemies could play against you. (I found this as the best method when developing a character to self-check whether or not my hero would be too strong or too weak)
  6. Keep it up. Overall one of the simplest hero guides I have read with good Idea's and easily implemented concepts that are still relatively original.

I personally like the idea, the mind control used in line with the wall would be a good combo. But, he could use a bit more damage.

Oh, on the w, does it do damage per second (and if so is that the damage it will deal each second)? Or is it supposed to be a one time shot? It feels like the walking would make it good, for example:

Void Walk:

Valrin slows his movement speed to allow him to walk between this world and the void. enemy units close by take dmg each time he does this and are also slowed.Valrin loses 75% movement speed and gains evasion for 5 seconds and enemies in a 5 unit radius are slowed by 35% for 3 seconds at all levels. Void walk has 3 charges.

Energy Cost: Toggle On/Toggle off

Cooldown: Toggle On/ Toggle off

Level 1: void walk deals 60 (+50%int dmg) per second and grants Valrin 6% evasion.

Level 2: void walk deals 90 (+50%int dmg) per second and grants Valrin 9% evasion.

Level 3: void walk deals 120 (+50%int dmg)per second and grants Valrin 12% evasion.

Level 4: void walk deals 150 (+50%int dmg)per second and grants Valrin 15% evasion.

Maybe change the damages to work with it, but it would provide for a nice farming skill, and the move speed loss would prolly be enough to make it a bad idea to keep on.

I personally like the idea, the mind control used in line with the wall would be a good combo. But, he could use a bit more damage.

Oh, on the w, does it do damage per second (and if so is that the damage it will deal each second)? Or is it supposed to be a one time shot? It feels like the walking would make it good, for example:

Void Walk:

Valrin slows his movement speed to allow him to walk between this world and the void. enemy units close by take dmg each time he does this and are also slowed.Valrin loses 75% movement speed and gains evasion for 5 seconds and enemies in a 5 unit radius are slowed by 35% for 3 seconds at all levels. Void walk has 3 charges.

Energy Cost: Toggle On/Toggle off

Cooldown: Toggle On/ Toggle off

Level 1: void walk deals 60 (+50%int dmg) per second and grants Valrin 6% evasion.

Level 2: void walk deals 90 (+50%int dmg) per second and grants Valrin 9% evasion.

Level 3: void walk deals 120 (+50%int dmg)per second and grants Valrin 12% evasion.

Level 4: void walk deals 150 (+50%int dmg)per second and grants Valrin 15% evasion.

Maybe change the damages to work with it, but it would provide for a nice farming skill, and the move speed loss would prolly be enough to make it a bad idea to keep on.

I think that is supposed to be like kassadin's ult (i may be wrong)?

I think its a blink cause it has charges and he doesn't say it deals damage per second.

wow now that i look back i realize how unclear his W is lul... i had originally intended for it to act like a mini drake ulti but i think i will changes it slightly as i like some of the suggestions here better(though at the moment i dont have time to fix it but later it will happen).

1. Buff AA Range.
  2. Add a Potential Farm Mechanic or Killing Mechanic
  3. Rescale Evasion appropriately for the new changes (You might not even have to change it at all.)
  4. Potentially Change Q to Include damage but remove one of the preexisting effects to promote balance.
  5. Provide explanations as to how you would use this kit against enemies and how enemies could play against you. (I found this as the best method when developing a character to self-check whether or not my hero would be too strong or too weak)
  6. Keep it up. Overall one of the simplest hero guides I have read with good Idea's and easily implemented concepts that are still relatively original.

1-i suppose i could do this

2-his w has an aoe of 5 but this was unclear and i intend to make it less confusing

3-i was under the impression that evasion didnt stack linearly (as in 10%+10%=18% and not 20%) if this is not the case then u are right and i do need to tone down the evasion

4-im not sure how it would be overpowered... if i make it just a wall how would it do dmg and then it would be just like a system wall, and if i make it just the sight blocker with dmg as u run though it then its not much different from firewall :(

5-its all in my head ;^)

6-thanks broski :)

I think that is supposed to be like kassadin's ult (i may be wrong)?

I think its a blink cause it has charges and he doesn't say it deals damage per second.

-its not but thanks for letting me know just how foggy the skill sounded :D

Void Walk:

Valrin slows down to walk in this world and the void at the same time. The initial entering of the void for Valrin causes a 5 unit diameter void wave, dealing initial dmg and then slowing enemies by 35% for 3 seconds. As he continues to walk in both worlds Valrin is harder to hit granting him evasion for 5 seconds after the explosion, but moves at -75% movement speed. Void Walk has a max of 3 charges and evasion from void walk is stack-able.

-does this make more sense? and also i tried to increase the dmg of his abilities by increasing the scaling so he could be built as a caster and get kills or more as a tank .

Archived