[HotS]Valerian.Mengsk

NoWaterJustIce

Changelog

07/16/12

-transfer over from old site/ vhanges colors to make it readable

-lowered seige tank attack speed and dmg.

-increased scaling from int on BC and tank dmg

-decreased base heal amout from W passive

-increased tank health

03/14/13

-Revamp for Valerian Mengsk Suggestion

1681245-valerian.jpg

Valerian.Mengsk

Portrait: Valerian Mengsk

Unit Base: Valerian Mengsk

Type: Ranged, Summoner

Script: Valerian

Starting Stats:

Health – 250

Energy - 250

Movement Speed – 2.8

Attack Range – n/a

Attack Speed – n/a

Damage – n/a

Armor – 3

Strength – 27 (secondary) +5/level

Agility – 25 (tertiary) +4/level

Intelligence – 36 (primary) +7/level

Abilities:

Heroic Passive: Persuasive Leadership

A natural born Leader and tactician, Valerian convinces nearby creeps to fight for him. When Mengsk stands within 8 units of any visible creeps, after 5 seconds, 1(+1 per 6 levels) creeps will join his cause (these creeps can be friendly, enemy, or jungle creeps). These creeps can be controlled by Mengsk and gain a passive 10(+10%int) weapon dmg and 100(+100% str) health. If the creeps are farther than 8 units away for more than 3 seconds they will revert back to their original alignment. Maximum number of creeps Mengsk can conrtol is 1(+1 per 3 levels) and any Mengsk controlled creep that is killed by friendly fire is considered a deny. All creeps under Mengsk's control are silenced and cannot use their abilities(i.e. Thor cannon barrage and siege tank siege mode)

--

Ability One: Reinforcements Drop-Pod

Mengsk Calls down a Drop pod that is full of Bio Reinforcements that last for 30 seconds:

Marines- 50(+10*level health), 3 movement speed, 1 weapon speed, 5 weapon range, 10(+10%int) weapon dmg, and can Stim

​Marauders- 100(+25*level health), 3 movement speed, 1 weapon speed, 5 weapon range, 5(+10%int) weapon dmg, and can Stim, and their attacks slow enemy movement speed by 10%.

Ghosts- 40(+5*level health), 3 movement speed, 1 weapon speed, 6.5 weapon range, 50(+25%int) weapon dmg, and are permanently cloaked.

Stim- Unit pays 15% of its total health and then gains 1 movement speed, and +50% weapon speed for 5 seconds.

Energy Cost: 90/110/130/150

Cooldown: 30

Range: 8

Level 1: Drop Pod has 2 Marines and 1 Marauder

Level 2: Drop Pod has 4 Marines and 2 Marauders

Level 3: Drop Pod has 6 Marines and 3 Marauders and 1 Ghost

Level 4: Drop Pod has 8 Marines and 4 Marauders and 2 Ghosts

--

Ability two: Greater Leadership

Mengsk’s increased influence lets him summon units farther away and units he controls can be farther away from him without suffering the negative effects. Additionally Units under Mengsk's control regenerate health when in his area of influence.

Energy Cost: Passive

Cooldown: n/a

Range: +4/+8/+12/+16

Level 1: Adds 4 to the passive ranges and heals for 1(+1%int) health per second

Level 2: Adds 8 to the passive ranges and heals for 2(+1%int) health per second

Level 3: Adds 12 to the passive ranges and heals for 3(+1%int) health per second

Level 4: Adds 16 to the passive ranges and heals for 4(+1%int) health per second

Note:

-All of Mengsk's abilities and Heroic Passive have a cast range of 8 and a range of 8 from Mengsk that they cant leave without suffering penalties. This passive allows them to be summoned farther away and to be farther away from Mengsk without suffering ill effects.

--

Ability Three: Angel from Above

Mengsk calls down a medivac to heal and carry him and his allies to safety. The medivac has 50% spell resist, a move speed of 4.5, heals all Hero’s inside of it and lasts for 60 seconds. Units inside the medivac cannot cast spells or attack and if the medivac is destroyed all creeps inside die and hero’s take 40% of their total health dmg in the crash. If the medivac is more than 8 units away from Mengsk it loses 1.5 movement speed, and heals for 50% of the normal amount

Energy Cost: 140/160/180/200

Cooldown: 60/50/40/30

Level 1: Has 100(+100%str) health, gives 3 % health regeneration and can hold 2 heros and 5 creeps

Level 2: Has 175(+100%str) health, gives 4 % health regeneration and can hold 3 heros and 10 creeps

Level 3: Has 250(+100%str) health, gives 5 % health regeneration and can hold 4 heros and 15 creeps

Level 4: Has 325(+100%str) health, gives 6 % health regeneration and can hold 5 heros and 20 creeps

--

Ultimate Ability: Who Called in The Fleet?

Mengsk calls in The Hyperion to turn the tide of battle. Mengsk's BC is a heroic unit that has a move speed of 3, an attack range of 6, lasts for 60/90/120 seconds, and deals weapon dmg each shot with an attack speed of 0.2. If Mengsk's Battlecruiser is farther than 8 units away from him it loses 2 movement speed and it no longer gives the Battlecruiser Aura.

Battlecruiser Aura:

All friendly units and heros within a 8 unit radius of the battle cruiser gain 15% weapon and spell dmg. The range on this passive is affected by Mengsk's Greater Leadership passive.

Energy Cost: 300/400/500

Cooldown: 120

Level 1: Hyperion has 1000(+30%Mengsks total health) health, and deals 20(+12%Int) weapon dmg per shot

Level 2: Hyperion has 2000(+30%Mengsks total health) health, and deals 30(+12%Int) ``weapon dmg per shot

Level 3: Hyperion has 3000(+30%Mengsks total health) health, and deals 40(+12%Int) weapon dmg per shot

--

Additional Information

- Valerian, For those aos players that can actually micro more than 1 unit :)

--

Closing statement

Thanks for reading, and please make a constructive comment \ suggestion!

3000 [+30% Total Health] health is ridiculous. It also deals 150 [+60% INT] spell damage per second, ridiculous scaling. Keep in mind Queen's ultralisk is tons weaker, a melee unit and cannot fly.

queens ultra at level 3 does 220(+80int) plus extra dmg to buildings and has 2200 health with 35% dmg resist (about 2900-3000 raw health)... the BC is much weaker and only has slightly more health.

• 1 month later...

So he can control creeps, and summon tanks and bcs???

Marine King is bad enough and he barely does any of that

I feel like his summons are seriously overpowered, especially considering all the nerfs that have been done recently

• 1 month later...

Hm a Summoner, this could go entirely right or wrong, although i feel Marine.King has definately filled in alot of this roll. BEAST TEAM - Queen + Marine.King + Mengsk + Bio + Gara. FEAR THY SUMMONS!. Also with the massive buffs and amplfies currently just out. Raynor would go SOOO good with this hero when the BC is out. OH GOD I WANA SPAM CD Reduction and spam the ultimate for 3 BCS, (Queen when ultra lasted same as CD you could get 3) Also the proc damage on the BC is physical which doesn't make it as strong as most people think... Althought you should make the Tank Range max at 8.5 since they obviously don't want units being able to cheap kill a tower out of range. (Siege a Tower).

I want this hero so bad.... I feel like i can trollz it so hard... ^_^

Hm a Summoner, this could go entirely right or wrong, although i feel Marine.King has definately filled in alot of this roll. BEAST TEAM - Queen + Marine.King + Mengsk + Bio + Gara. FEAR THY SUMMONS!. Also with the massive buffs and amplfies currently just out. Raynor would go SOOO good with this hero when the BC is out. OH GOD I WANA SPAM CD Reduction and spam the ultimate for 3 BCS, (Queen when ultra lasted same as CD you could get 3) Also the proc damage on the BC is physical which doesn't make it as strong as most people think... Althought you should make the Tank Range max at 8.5 since they obviously don't want units being able to cheap kill a tower out of range. (Siege a Tower).

I want this hero so bad.... I feel like i can trollz it so hard... ^_^

i know marine king fills the role of this hero... however i made this hero prolly half a year before king came out.

tanks are supposed to outrange towers but they have to be close to mengsk or else they do no dmg

i know marine king fills the role of this hero... however i made this hero prolly half a year before king came out.

tanks are supposed to outrange towers but they have to be close to mengsk or else they do no dmg

I know tanks are suppose to out range towers but i believe Eco and the others purposely wanted it not to so you can't siege a tower, hence why the tank range has been reduced to 8.5 (tower range) in the other versions where you could siege it with marineking and ect. I believe they really disliked it when people were able to just siege towers (especially since it was fixed right away when ppl did that with marineking)

I know tanks are suppose to out range towers but i believe Eco and the others purposely wanted it not to so you can't siege a tower, hence why the tank range has been reduced to 8.5 (tower range) in the other versions where you could siege it with marineking and ect. I believe they really disliked it when people were able to just siege towers (especially since it was fixed right away when ppl did that with marineking)

i understand this but in this hero design i want the tanks to be able to out range towers at level 4 anyways. that being said because of marine king, which may have been inspired by this hero, this hero will never be made

• 5 months later...

Wait. How does this have 700 views? are there some hax at work...

Changelog

07/16/12

-transfer over from old site/ vhanges colors to make it readable

-lowered seige tank attack speed and dmg.

-increased scaling from int on BC and tank dmg

-decreased base heal amout from W passive

-increased tank health

03/14/13

-Revamp for Valerian Mengsk Suggestion

• 4 months later...

Lol, definitely necro'd this time. Would love to see his avatar in the next patch though. Speaking of... any estimate on when AoS will go live with HotS?

Well, since it's here might as well take a look at it :).

I think his ulti would be interesting if it were more of a Kerrigan style ulti where the battlecruiser is off screen but rains down a yamato on someone, it would have something similar to a rancor nuke animation on the ground surrounding the hero. (Perhaps the emblem of whichever team he is on like Kerrigan).

I do like the idea of his 'summon' being an Odin. Plays into the campaign mode story, and makes his hero different than MK.

His influence might also be a bit more balanced if it a "confusion" state for a set number of seconds, rather than AoE. Maybe instead of a passive, it could be an actual spell that also works on heroes that debuffs like Parallax. First unit to attack falls to Mengsk influence and attacks other heroes on his team and if none are around he targets the nearest one and will run toward them until the spell expires.

Just some fresh ideas, they're probably bad in playability, but the Mengsk army of 8 marines, mauraders and ghosts seems like it's just taking the roll from MK.

Archived