Shadow: The movement is too much

Hurricane

The trick is not to try to click shadow. You have to select one spot right beside you when he's attacking and just click there. Any AoE spell (ex: Silencing Shot, Grunty Rocket) will hit him, and if it's a point-and click spell, then you can spam that spot and get him within a few attacks (a second or two at most). If you try to get shadow by moving your mouse to where he is, it won't work, since he's so fast. In the worst case, that's what E mantle and Shrapnel Cloak are there for.

Also, while I dislike Shadow and Shadow players, I agree that without this "pseudo-untargetability" Shadow would be too easy to kill (he hasn't actually got any DPS steroid other than his ult, which doesn't even add so much time, and Nova's, Boros's, Zeratuls, Grunty's, and maybe even Kerrigan's DPS increasing spell provides better DPS increase.

@Aellectris:

Shadow teleports behind you, and if he's already behind you he jumps to a different side of you. You can observe this behavior by having Shadow attack some lane creeps-- he jumps from the left-back to the right-back of the enemies, like so:

[X = where Shadow can be, assuming that @ is facing towards the top of this text]

OOO

O@O

X O X

If u can u use blink after fungal then shadow should jump during attacks. But I found other problem with this shadow passive. Once I used Cain ultimate against shadow which was jumping around one of my teammates. After release rockets hits shadow exactly at time window when he jumping from one place to another. In effect all rockets missed. I think it shouldn't have place.

You can also buy Chilling Artifact to lower his attack speed.

Not very effective. You just die 35% slower. Chilling artifact is more of a team debuffing item on a tank hero that can take advantage of both the armor and cooldown reduction (i.e. erekul). To individually kill shadow you need barbed, axe, and probably shrap just so you can target him and debuff him with axe if there are creeps around.

@Aellectris:

Shadow teleports behind you, and if he's already behind you he jumps to a different side of you. You can observe this behavior by having Shadow attack some lane creeps-- he jumps from the left-back to the right-back of the enemies, like so:

[X = where Shadow can be, assuming that @ is facing towards the top of this text]

OOO

O@O

X O X

An insignificant movement that doesn't really prevent targeting.

I feel like when you attack someone as boros and then he cloaks even if you have flobing detection you change targets. Why am I posting it here? IT's simple I was fighting a shadow with aggresors guise and it was flobing retarded because I just kept on retargetting to creeps and couldn't click on him again so broken if you ask me.

Everyone always complains that you can NEVER click shadow...

yet I do it all the time. you have to lead him a bit, his leaps are predictible.

Sure, I miss from time to time, but its not like shadow is some how immortal or immune to targeting...?

Oh man, I guess we are all just terrible with mouse movement and hand eye coordination. Seems the issue is resolved, if ironsights can do it no problem, and a good number of people cant, then the larger majority must be doing something wrong.

buying barb first is a bad choice period, you need the health to make it effective

Depends on hero. Barbed very early is also good on heroes with a leech ability like tass or unix or MAAR or a self-healing ability like egon and later in the game barbed is also good on high leech builds as it is all about your effective hit points in battle, not your actual hit points.

I agree, plus shadows usually get duran machete and leeching saber, about 18% lifesteal and if offensive line, 25%. this mitigates most of early game barbed because of armor

Barbed is not supposed to be a hard counter to leech, rather it is just a soft counter. The hard counter to leech is axe. Even then, would you rather Shadow be leeching at you without even taking 50% of his physical damage as spell damage if you end up meleeing him?

Simply put, you get the right defensive items to counter him or else you need to keep him permastunned from a distance.

I'm not saying your terrible with mouse movement.

However, I am saying that his jumps are predictible, and if you pay attention to him you should be able to click him within a try or two no problem.

You cannot click where he IS, you will miss 100% of the time.

you have to click where he is GOING to be. And you will hit 80% of the time (better/worse, depending on your skill)

Iron is right ofc, but with any degree of lag this becomes much harder to do. A cheezy use for shadows ultimate is popping it just for the bit of lag it causes for many players. To get it consistently if you have a little lag you really need a disable or to target him as hes running in but before he starts attacking