Taser Underused

VasyaKot

Mossberg Taser is underused. Ive played around 60 games and didnt see any person buying it. And personally I think this is right. Taser has pityful stats: 18% spell resist and 300 mana, and an active, which is just remains of the great 30% damage amp. Those little things are sold for a huge cost of 2100.

In late game, taser cant be kept because the inventory is too little, wasting a slot for silence active is just stupid.

So what do you think about this?

The silence is great in many situations versus some annoying as hell int hero.

1. You can use it if Vergil is being annoying as hell and just dim. slashing your entire team then blinking away: Tase him then laugh when he just runs through your team.

2. You can use it if Geneva is being a serious b**** and refuses to die- initiate with taser, burst her down in the silence time.

3. You can use it if you notice Cyprus is about to kill you but can't do it fast enough- tase him ASAP and he's probs dead.

4. Use it as Unix if you need a way to stop someone from disabling you first- odds are if the enemy has a Rancor, Jackson, Darpa... a disabling hero you want to kill, you probably need this.

Basically if the enemy has some annoying as hell int hero and you're not a natural silencer like Darpa or Raynor you may want to pick this up to keep them in check.

It might be underused but that does not mean it is a bad item. I get it on Drake all the time because if you don't taser your target, your target tasers or uses some interrupting ability on you as you channel your ult, not to mention it really sux when you lance a Darpa or Cyprus only for them to jump away. It is also an item that pretty much causes a lot of caster heroes to rage like crazy, just that because it does not give any offensive stats many people don't care to put it in their builds. Shrapnel cloak also gives comparable stats plus a little bit of armor and yet that item is pretty underused as well.

But then again you also get pyre on drake.

Yes it is my final item in my build. So that I have at least some way of damaging tanky and agi heroes late game as Drake is pretty useless otherwise. Sliptyde gives spell resist (good on Drake) and synergizes with pyre due to increased movement speed as martyr plus sliptyde gives you 25% attack speed which is enough to maintain chase on most heroes. I have other builds on Drake but this one is the best based on my own results.

(1) Superheated

(2) Carapace

(3) Ihan

(4) Barbed

(5) Electric Mantle / Lifetech / Taser

(6) Sliptyde Scythe

(7) Pyre

It is really damn simple how you get kills late game. Just lance and chase. If I was going pure tank on Drake I would probably replace the last two items with parallax and either SHC or one of the other 3 spell resist items mentioned above (electric, lifetech).

And before you say anything else, yah I know in IH most games Drake is an aura mule with spell buffer and korhal and just sits back and tries to lance all day long to set up kills for Jackson or whoever else is on his team to take advantage of his pull rather than charging full steam ahead. You do that with crappy allies and you have zero chance of winning with Drake because you have no DPS. As an AA carry you just need sliptyde and another spell resist item to largely counter his barbed and martyr and then either leech or just enough health to outlast him and there is jack squat Drake can do about it. And since I don't IH, I really don't care what you think about my build however I will say it is a very strong all around Drake build whereas the ones you have cited are purely two-dimensional in nature.

Taser is just too useless for a slot in inventory super late game when all the men are maxed out. I think an SFG is better than taser in that case.

OK, I guess I will pick Cyprus and get 4 cooldown items on him and watch as your team helplessly chases me around the map as I have a blink every 3 seconds or so. You need taser in those situations.

allow me to explain this....THE ITEM is good as it is....THE META does not favor taser...THE METAGAME is biased towards agi carry heroes winning endgame and so many if not most endgame builds will have to deal with them somehow...therefore you see lots of electric mantle to disable and stun, shrapnel cloak to screw aa and leech, barbed plating + axe combo on tanky heroes...would you get that versus a full caster team? well electric maybe but not the rest....you`d get taser as it makes a caster useless for a while + spell resist....taser is a magnificent item but all it is good for is vs casters....id provides no stats that help in any other way. If the metagame was biased towards non cloaking caster play you`d see taser even in pubs every game.

before you shut down this comment with some weird opinion, tell me how many games, (IH and pubs) you see where you dont practically see 2 carries per team every game if not more...think a while.....now answer this...how often do you face a 5 caster dedicated army where non of them build carry like but they all went for hardnuking....none? yeah, thats what I thought...in the last case scenario every member of the team would have electric, taser, and one would have spell buffer for the aura

Yes it is my final item in my build. So that I have at least some way of damaging tanky and agi heroes late game as Drake is pretty useless otherwise. Sliptyde gives spell resist (good on Drake) and synergizes with pyre due to increased movement speed as martyr plus sliptyde gives you 25% attack speed which is enough to maintain chase on most heroes. I have other builds on Drake but this one is the best based on my own results.

(1) Superheated

(2) Carapace

(3) Ihan

(4) Barbed

(5) Electric Mantle / Lifetech / Taser

(6) Sliptyde Scythe

(7) Pyre

It is really damn simple how you get kills late game. Just lance and chase. If I was going pure tank on Drake I would probably replace the last two items with parallax and either SHC or one of the other 3 spell resist items mentioned above (electric, lifetech).

And before you say anything else, yah I know in IH most games Drake is an aura mule with spell buffer and korhal and just sits back and tries to lance all day long to set up kills for Jackson or whoever else is on his team to take advantage of his pull rather than charging full steam ahead. You do that with crappy allies and you have zero chance of winning with Drake because you have no DPS. As an AA carry you just need sliptyde and another spell resist item to largely counter his barbed and martyr and then either leech or just enough health to outlast him and there is jack squat Drake can do about it. And since I don't IH, I really don't care what you think about my build however I will say it is a very strong all around Drake build whereas the ones you have cited are purely two-dimensional in nature.

Ye, in INH Spell Buffer on Drake is much better then Sliptide. But Drake role isn't to sits back and try to lance to support the kill, but to be a tank, stay at front and try to get in middle of enemy team and blow up stunning everyone around. So Drake usually gets SHC which gives him great positioning potential.

So for pub game I would sold SHM late game as it doesn't give much anymore. I think Retrofit instead could be nice at it allows u to stick to the target with Martyr. It depends on enemy composition but probably Shadowmourne for damage would be better then Pyre. U probably can't kill other tanks anyway.

Ye, in INH Spell Buffer on Drake is much better then Sliptide. But Drake role isn't to sits back and try to lance to support the kill, but to be a tank, stay at front and try to get in middle of enemy team and blow up stunning everyone around. So Drake usually gets SHC which gives him great positioning potential.

So for pub game I would sold SHM late game as it doesn't give much anymore. I think Retrofit instead could be nice at it allows u to stick to the target with Martyr. It depends on enemy composition but probably Shadowmourne for damage would be better then Pyre. U probably can't kill other tanks anyway.

yea he's right..when your playing drake. The ojkective isn't to just steam roll everyone..even though you are a tank..you will easily get taken out by 2 dps heros..you need to b on the front line of the battle most of the time..ready and willing with the SHC to warp in there, ulti and just set it up while your team stomps in from the wood work and does a clean up. Trying to kill another tank is not rly good idea..lets say maybe ur about 2 kill him..some1 else on his team will just come and 1shot you. Yea spell buffer is better.

I can kill anything with that build, just not entire teams all at once. This has more to do with people using weak builds than anything else.

yea he's right..when your playing drake. The ojkective isn't to just steam roll everyone..even though you are a tank..you will easily get taken out by 2 dps heros..you need to b on the front line of the battle most of the time..ready and willing with the SHC to warp in there, ulti and just set it up while your team stomps in from the wood work and does a clean up. Trying to kill another tank is not rly good idea..lets say maybe ur about 2 kill him..some1 else on his team will just come and 1shot you. Yea spell buffer is better.

The objective is to win. A Drake with no DPS can't kill squat beyond the mid-game. Not to mention the build I have has everything Drake needs and then one slot is for pyre. I have a similiar build for Biotron except it focuses on cooldown and pyre at the end (all items get him to attack speed cap and beyond when activated). Heroes that can't kill anything get ignored. Maybe if you stick a Nitrogen Refit on him for its slow aura then you can at least force the enemy team to engage you, but it is not hard running circles around a hero that does very little DPS provided you have plenty of lifesteal. Yah noobs will focus fire the drake first, but those are noobs.

A good build has synergy. Slapping spell buffer on a drake does not provide any utility or synergy. Also, sliptyde gives 7.5 armor (something drake desperately needs), while spell buffer just gives passive regen (pointless with carapace) and a little bit of movement speed. On a pure tank build, Parallax, Electric Mantle, and Lifetech are way better spell resist choices than spell buffer for reasons that should be pretty obvious.