Toximancer.Vespus [1.64]

Eliwan

Abilities:

From Dying to Flying

For each 7% of health missing, +2% Movement Speed.

Q: Venomous Reflux:

Spews acid that deals 60/100/140/180 [+60% INT] initial Spell Damage, slows by 50% for 2 seconds, and 40/60/80/100 [+40% INT] Spell Damage over 15 seconds.

--> You want to use this ability to initiate your attacks on enemies so they stay in range for your auto-attacks, with insane slows as a bonus.

W: Mephitic Armor:

Coats target ally in Mephitic Armor, granting 8/11/14/17% Physical Resistance and 1/1.5/2/2.5 Health Regeneration. Enemies attacking the ally lose 10/15/20/25% Weapon Speed for 3 seconds.

--> A skill that makes you survive very well and protects your allies from enemy AAs, and can be used to regenerate towers (relative to normal) quickly.

E: Noxious Fumes:

Every auto-attack deals 10/15/20/25 [+13% INT] Spell Damage over 3 seconds, during which they are slowed by 7/9/11/13%.

R: Toxic Tornado

Whips up a whirlwind of toxins that apply debuffs that deal 20/40/60 [+20% INT] non-fatal Spell Damage per second EACH, stacking up to 6 times, lasting for 5 seconds.

Talents: Might, Bloodthirst, Fury, Fortitude, Discipline, Brilliance

-- This build gives you early-game durability and damage, lets you take a relatively early Aeon with Discipline's bonus Spell Resistance-- and scales well into the lategame with extra defense and powerful offense. Brilliance is because Toximancer has energy problems if you spam Q or W a lot [and I highly recommend spamming W], so you need Brilliance for the extra mana.

Ability Order: Q E E W E R E W W W R Q Q Q Y R Y Y

Beginner Build:

Playing Notes:

Use your Q only if you can hit enemy heroes with it. Leave W on auto-cast if you want, but always put W's on towers that are being attacked and on Siege Engines, and of course on allied heroes. DO NOT ULTI unless you can get a kill with it or there are more than 2 enemy heroes in the area. Always, always, ALWAYS ulti in a team-fight, and go in a bit behind your tank-player [generally a STR hero like LZ, Micro, Vorpal] and wait until your enemies actually turn to fight you first-- don't waste your ulti; as when you use it near your team many people run away until it ends.

Starting:

:DuransMachette:

This is very simple. You need sustain, so get some sustain in this. Stay alive in lane, get last hits if you can.

Mid-early game

:DuransMachette:LeechingSaber.png

One or both of these items will help you a lot early-game. I have more success with a second Machette, personally-- but if you feel lucky you can get a Leeching Saber.

Late-early game

:PulseHammer:

Adds a slow to your attacks, on top of Noxious fumes => RAGE from enemies as they just cannot escape you whatsoever without blinks or movement hastes.

Mid-game:

:IsomorphicPyre::ElectricMantle::GluttonsBite:

Pyre because it is epic win. Mantle because it gives you survivability, CDR, and a superstrong passive.

Late-game:

:ForceofEntropy::DarwinsMight::TimeSplitter:

FoE gives more tanky and more slow. Darwin's gives more tanky. Timesplitter is just epic win.

Final Build:

:IsomorphicPyre::ElectricMantle::DarwinsMight::ForceofEntropy::TimeSplitter::NitrogenRetrofit:

Another build

:ForceofEntropy::NitrogenRetrofit::IsomorphicPyre::TimeSplitter::StunBaton: :Shadowmourne:

FoE gives u more health than Nitrogen. Actually I think u should take both of them actually. The problem with standard AA build is u can't actually take a full advantage of his ulti potential. U just can't go in middle of teamfight with hope u will be able to survive for enough time damaging entire team (unless u have jackson in team). Thats why I was looking for different build with better survivability by mixing many roles:

-Pyre

-Force of Entropy

-Chilling Artifact

-Nitrogen Retrofit

-Sliptide Scythe

-SHC

-(Ihan Crystal)

Its would be nice to get Olympic and Valors stacks as well but since they nerfed it is very hard to do. Chilling Artifact along with Mephitic Armor will reduce weapon speed by 60% of every hero which decide to attack u while Sliptide Scythe gives u a lots of spell resistance. U end up with about 4k health so u can allow yourself to just jump in middle of team fight (but not initiate!) and run your ulti slowing and damaging everyone around u. If u would be able to get all Valors and Olympic stacks u become pretty unkillable. However this build sucks if there is Egon in enemy team...

Outside of the bonus dmg I think FoE is a poor choice on this hero. Nitrogen is a lot better as with E it procs on your AA as well.

Force of Entropy is better as it is a tank item-- if I was going for damage, then yes; most certainly; Nitrogen Retrofit is better. However, since Vespus needs to be tanky to apply tons of Toxic Tornado stacks during teamfights, Force of Entropy gives you MORE health than Nitrogen Retrofit [and the bonus damage from Nitrogen isn't worth it in my experience].

FoE gives u more health than Nitrogen. Actually I think u should take both of them actually. The problem with standard AA build is u can't actually take a full advantage of his ulti potential. U just can't go in middle of teamfight with hope u will be able to survive for enough time damaging entire team (unless u have jackson in team). Thats why I was looking for different build with better survivability by mixing many roles:

-Pyre

-Force of Entropy

-Chilling Artifact

-Nitrogen Retrofit

-Sliptide Scythe

-SHC

-(Ihan Crystal)

Its would be nice to get Olympic and Valors stacks as well but since they nerfed it is very hard to do. Chilling Artifact along with Mephitic Armor will reduce weapon speed by 60% of every hero which decide to attack u while Sliptide Scythe gives u a lots of spell resistance. U end up with about 4k health so u can allow yourself to just jump in middle of team fight (but not initiate!) and run your ulti slowing and damaging everyone around u. If u would be able to get all Valors and Olympic stacks u become pretty unkillable. However this build sucks if there is Egon in enemy team...

Haha, I was thinking something similar to the build you have there-- Pyre, FoE, NR, Sliptyde, Darwin's, Electric Mantle. That gives you lots of tank capability without sacrificing a lot of damage.

:d An Olympic Torch - Valor's Manifest build? I'll one-up you and say get a Blue Gene too. I mean seriously. Might as well go for the gusto if you're doing that.

:Duran's Machette: is wrong, you should type :DuransMachette (with the : ) :DuransMachette:

same with the rest of the items :P you have to type them together :PulseHammer (:) etc :P

I know XC but I was just writing out the guide and not worrying about the exact formatting (I had to go to bed pretty much right after I posted this).

Use int build with nitrogen,edge,yamato,argus, paralax, fullstacked ihan and 1 situational item. You cab do 1k dmg with Q and ult do something near 2k if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, you can. But then you lack tank or lots of AA damage and have a lot of downtime between skill usage-- keep in mind that your E's damage is refreshing and not stacking :D

Yes FoE is more tanky, but it only procs on your AA whereas NR procs on AA, Q and R.

So you can slow the entire enemy team using any of the 3 as opposed to AA only.

Think of it this way. NR on your R means for the entire duration of the toxin, all enemies are slowed +2 secs. Its actually amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

when I do toxy I usually go for defense talents including zeal and fortify, endgame items I have are foe nitrogen, time splitter, pyre, hive symbosis, organic carapace this gives me about 300 damage per auto attack, 4.5 k hp 50 armor and if I can land even one auto attack they are pretty much stuck from the slow allowing easy kills and staying in the team battle without having to heal ever.EDIT: also it gives me max attack speed.

Edited by KDawgKilla

Only item I would change in Eliwan's build is to replace Shadowmourne with Organic Carapace for sustain (and more health on top of more health). You will be near attack speed cap or at attack speed cap with just stun baton, timesplitter, and pyre.

I would go pyre, timesplitter, stun baton, then carapace because you don't want to go back to the pool every 20 seconds and with those 3 aa items you can farm like crazy and you are dangerous with your AA as well. The Nitrogen and FoE is more for late game when you want to completely immobilize a target which allows you to easily kite melee to death or else just lockdown a hero for a puller on your team to grab.

Funny thing is there are so many viable ways to build Toxi that it is silly to argue which AA build is best or whether int builds are better. You can even just make him a near unkillable super tank with all the AA he needs with pyre, organic, barbed, lifetech, hive symbiosis, and sliptyde which gives you almost 50% spell resist, around 4k health, ridiculous sustain, and extremely high armor with barbed to make enemies think twice about attacking him with AA.

Abilities:

From Dying to Flying

For each 7% of health missing, +2% Movement Speed.

Q: Venomous Reflux:

Spews acid that deals 60/100/140/180 [+60% INT] initial Spell Damage, slows by 50% for 2 seconds, and 40/60/80/100 [+40% INT] Spell Damage over 15 seconds.

--> You want to use this ability to initiate your attacks on enemies so they stay in range for your auto-attacks, with insane slows as a bonus.

W: Mephitic Armor:

Coats target ally in Mephitic Armor, granting 8/11/14/17% Physical Resistance and 1/1.5/2/2.5 Health Regeneration. Enemies attacking the ally lose 10/15/20/25% Weapon Speed for 3 seconds.

--> A skill that makes you survive very well and protects your allies from enemy AAs, and can be used to regenerate towers (relative to normal) quickly.

E: Noxious Fumes:

Every auto-attack deals 10/15/20/25 [+13% INT] Spell Damage over 3 seconds, during which they are slowed by 7/9/11/13%.

R: Toxic Tornado

Whips up a whirlwind of toxins that apply debuffs that deal 20/40/60 [+20% INT] non-fatal Spell Damage per second EACH, stacking up to 6 times, lasting for 5 seconds.

Talents: Might, Bloodthirst, Fury, Fortitude, Discipline, Brilliance

-- This build gives you early-game durability and damage, lets you take a relatively early Aeon with Discipline's bonus Spell Resistance-- and scales well into the lategame with extra defense and powerful offense. Brilliance is because Toximancer has energy problems if you spam Q or W a lot [and I highly recommend spamming W], so you need Brilliance for the extra mana.

Ability Order: Q E E W E R E W W W R Q Q Q Y R Y Y

Beginner Build:

Playing Notes:

Use your Q only if you can hit enemy heroes with it. Leave W on auto-cast if you want, but always put W's on towers that are being attacked and on Siege Engines, and of course on allied heroes. DO NOT ULTI unless you can get a kill with it or there are more than 2 enemy heroes in the area. Always, always, ALWAYS ulti in a team-fight, and go in a bit behind your tank-player [generally a STR hero like LZ, Micro, Vorpal] and wait until your enemies actually turn to fight you first-- don't waste your ulti; as when you use it near your team many people run away until it ends.

Starting:

:DuransMachette:

This is very simple. You need sustain, so get some sustain in this. Stay alive in lane, get last hits if you can.

Mid-early game

:DuransMachette:LeechingSaber.png

One or both of these items will help you a lot early-game. I have more success with a second Machette, personally-- but if you feel lucky you can get a Leeching Saber.

Late-early game

:PulseHammer:

Adds a slow to your attacks, on top of Noxious fumes => RAGE from enemies as they just cannot escape you whatsoever without blinks or movement hastes.

Mid-game:

:IsomorphicPyre::ElectricMantle::GluttonsBite:

Pyre because it is epic win. Mantle because it gives you survivability, CDR, and a superstrong passive.

Late-game:

:ForceofEntropy::DarwinsMight::TimeSplitter:

FoE gives more tanky and more slow. Darwin's gives more tanky. Timesplitter is just epic win.

Final Build:

:IsomorphicPyre::ElectricMantle::DarwinsMight::ForceofEntropy::TimeSplitter::NitrogenRetrofit:

Another build

:ForceofEntropy::NitrogenRetrofit::IsomorphicPyre::TimeSplitter::StunBaton: :Shadowmourne:

foe and nitro so troll eliwan so troll i use that in arams to piss people off so much slow,

Y'know; you didn't have to quote the big text for a 1-line post. You just quoted something large and thus wasted time because people have to cycle through the wall of text. You could have just quoted the item build at the end by editing the quote [which is as simple as deleting a bunch of text]... which would contain all the relevant information for your post.

And no, FoE + Nitrogen isn't troll at all. It's basically a root on every attack [Enemies have ~40% Movement Speed; actually... needs more slow] and allows you to use your Ultimate [Toxic Tornado] to escape from enemies and not just to rack up damage. =\

Y'know; you didn't have to quote the big text for a 1-line post. You just quoted something large and thus wasted time because people have to cycle through the wall of text. You could have just quoted the item build at the end by editing the quote [which is as simple as deleting a bunch of text]... which would contain all the relevant information for your post.

And no, FoE + Nitrogen isn't troll at all. It's basically a root on every attack [Enemies have ~40% Movement Speed; actually... needs more slow] and allows you to use your Ultimate [Toxic Tornado] to escape from enemies and not just to rack up damage. =\

thats why its a troll, ... ... ... ... ... ... .. god damn i throw you a bone and i try not to bm you but you still just have this shap attitude. calm down bro buy a better computer so you wont lag and you can actually improve your game play instead of investing all your time theory crafting

You don't have a pic for Shadowmourne. GASP HOW DARE YOU.

Shadowmourne.png

P.S. If you go Anti-AA Tank and you want something other than Sharpnel:

:ForceofEntropy::ChillingArtifact::TimeSplitter:

Each slow down Weapon speed (FoE -35%, Chilling -35%, Toxi Armor -25%, Timesplitter -15%. Lol, it really adds up to destroy an Attack Speed. Not to mention the items give you good Hp and high armor. :D)

@Itsthatguy

FoE only slows MS, not AS

It slows both. If you want test it.

even it the description you can notice Pulse hammer says: Slows 20% Movement Speed. FoE says Slows target 35%.

It is the reason why FoE is so strong early game, and probably a reason why Dark Titan unique got changed otherwise stacking with FoE would be way to over powered (acting like shrapnel towards 1 target).

I've told many other ppl this, and when they finally test it, they find out it actually does =/

I heard this build is good (credits to Crazysoldier).

:DarwinsMight::ElectricMantle::ForceofEntropy::IsomorphicPyre::TimeSplitter:

Masamune.png

Except Masamune is completely pointless because you are not at the attack speed cap with just pyre and timesplitter (close but not quite there). Getting masamune is silly unless you are at the attack speed cap already as there are much better items to get that don't debuff you as well. You do get 100 weapon damage but a galactic defender will give you 80 weapon damage, a nice shield buff, and spell resist as well if your goal here is to get very high weapon damage to make Darwin's stronger for sustain.

^ You're implying it's only useful after you hit the AS cap. And toxi does have some pretty good natural agility but not enough. But, 20 extra damage, 15% CDR, and a marginal 6% movement speed isn't that bad. Besides, timescale makes it so you can move faster as well, chasing down your opponent.

Another build

This build doesnt even have leech? Stun Baton should not even be in the final build????/

Hey guess what in my opinion all of this is wrong, you dont need a electris mantle as a core item that can be a situational and as for build I like :IsomorphicPyre::DarwinsMight::TimeSplitter::BlackHoleMagnum::ForceofEntropy: :Masamune: And as for the nitrogen you dont need any more slow, unless u have terrible mouse eye cordination and cant land a q which is a horrendus slow with ur e.......

A) Don't need Leech because people run from you and fail

-- Yeah, I should edit that d= I'm not sure what item would give the utility of the stun of Stun Baton; so in my opinion it would have to be that or Mantle.

Mantle is a core item as most people can't avoid auto-attacks and this build focuses on a hybrid of survivability and damage; and Mantle is for the survivability aspect.

Pyre/Darwin's/Timesplitter/FoE are pretty much mandatory on Vespus anyway as an end-game build; and Masamune is very powerful-- but why Black Hole Magnum? Vespus generally won't have the time to use Mephitic Armor mid-fight so you'd only get two procs off on it from Toxic Tornado and Venemous Reflux-- so I'm curious why this would be here.

The Nitrogen tacks a slow onto your E debuff which means that they get slowed to 38% for 2 seconds and to 75% for 3 seconds after that; which means that your Q can be used to prevent all enemies from escaping or chasing opposed to just one [which if you lack the Nitrogen you can't always if the enemy has a way to teleport or is really tanky]. That and it makes Toxic Tornado do stupid damage; and makes it slow so it feels like a powerful item to me.

Though I haven't had a game that LASTS LONG ENOUGH to finish a 6-item build... ><"