Medic Discussion

LOLLMAO

OP/UP/balanced?

too great support + damage?

Discuss....

Based on her e and w, I say she does way too much damage as

she procs sdps (spell damage per second) unlike most spells and can cripple enemy team with

decreased vision/movement speed while assisting her team with heal(q) and shields(e).

IMO, her ult is so weak for an ulti compared to her other support skills, it should be obtained last.

Her heroic passive is fine.

note: who exactly is a better support hero, medic or egon?

Egon is better because he shouts like a girl when he die and that's good <3

Geneva is nice in general, her ulti has a decent cooldown, you can mitigate it with some cd reduction, and her strenght growing is sooo high so you dont need to buy extra hp to survive, with nitrogen or/and ihan she will reach like 3k or more hp at lvl 18

Maar > Egon > Geneva, for me at least

Healing:...........................Geneva > Egon > Maar (invincibility + healing clearly wins)

DPS:................................Maar > Egon > Geneva (Sap and Heat Wave 2 clearly win for me)

Aura:................................Egon > Maar > Geneva (Healing Ward is useful for everybody)

Creeping:.........................Maar > Geneva > Egon (Who doesn't love mass creepkills with heatwave)

Silencing:.........................Egon > Geneva = Maar (Egon's silence is best)

Annoyance in general:.....Maar > Geneva = Egon (Because of heatwave (plus) obviously)

Chasing:...........................Maar = Egon > Geneva (Frost wave slows alot, Egon's silence helps alot aswell )

It's Maar for me if you don't want to play support only and Egon if you do.

Geneva seems to have real energy problems aswell right now.

+ I just don't like it.

she can be built many different ways. ihan is best first item in my opinion, because it is most useful early for survival and int. however due to her heroic passive i branch off and go partly dps with a stars fury and a arcbound. hitting 3 targets at once with good aa makes her useful past her ult. after this i get nitrogen and a kali. the order i get these in is based on how my team is doing and if they need cc/spell dmg or if more phys is needed. the other items to consider are the int potion, ctam if heroic passive procs it, argus, symphonic seed, silver soul, upg of dominion standard, etc..

as far as play goes she seems actually really well balanced. her ult really hard counters people with high burst(cyp, unix, etc..) but does not seem to always be online to the point where if continuous pushing is occurring then one person will not die.

Geneva is a 1 unit supporter.

Difference Between Egon and Geneva:

Geneva can massively heal and support 1 ally (Basicly to the point where a glass cannon can take damage equal to a tank)

Egon heals much lower than Geneva BUT the fact that he is much better at healing mutiple targets (2 sec CD full level) (Healing Ward) makes Egon much better for Healing a team evenly.

Geneva is like supporting the ally that is being targeted.

Egon is like healing the entire team.

Granted that geneva has a shield ability, but it is temporarily, not entirely alot, and you lose it after a period of time.

The fact that geneva is so good at support 1 specific ally (or two if u split it up), makes her leave some allies un attended. I try to fix this by getting a Shrapnel//Spell Buffer// and Korhal Vanguard for the spell resistance aura. That way i support entire team, and heavy support specific allies that need the help the most.

Geneva seems slightly to tanky. I was surprised to see that I had the same HP as a Mandrake (Granted he didn't have a +180 talent, but he had the Bucker which has +140 more Hp). Not only that, but I actually had more if you counted shields too, and by quite a bit too (100 shields over his hp or so).

Her ultra is very good. You have to be good though to use it properly. I've saved so many allies with it. It is primarily best vs AA Heroes and using it on a person who just been plucked.

I like to pick up kinetic battery on Geneva so she can help support both herself and her team for energy management. It also gives a dose of armor which she seems to be drastically short on early-game.

Agreed. Kinetic is Beastly with Geneva. Kinetic was Meh item as most heroes didnt need it (exception with grunty sort of). Kinetic is basicly a MUST with Geneva. Even if it doesn't apply to her Stats, you also provide energy to our allies that lack energy too to support them, which you are indeed a support char. [its like a Proton Pack, fulfilling one the benefits of havin an Egon on your team without having to use energy to cast it].

The scaling on Final is kinda lame. I would of liked to see it more like

2//2.5//3 seconds. And Cooldown: 100//80//60 seconds or something. Also maybe increased range from : 8//11//14 Cast range. Just lowering CD by 15 seconds isn't much of a change.

Geneva's energy costs are through the roof, especially her heal which costs upwards of 200 mana at max level.

She has serious sustain issues for a support hero early on. Mid-game it's not too bad because nobody really has problems here except Dustin, who simply can never have enough mana.

Just get a khaydarin.

This hero is better than egon in almost every way. Only thing egon is better is that he can give energy or silence people. The healing ward die easily mid to late game. After healing ward is dead, you are pretty much healing 1 person just like Geneva. Geneva can heal, debuff, and give movemeent speed, can slow and blind enemy. Its auto attack and spells give Geneva the ability to farm fast compare to egon. I will take Geneva over Egon as the supporter for the team anytime.

This hero is better than egon in almost every way. Only thing egon is better is that he can give energy or silence people. The healing ward die easily mid to late game. After healing ward is dead, you are pretty much healing 1 person just like Geneva. Geneva can heal, debuff, and give movemeent speed, can slow and blind enemy. Its auto attack and spells give Geneva the ability to farm fast compare to egon. I will take Geneva over Egon as the supporter for the team anytime.

Q doesnt remove debuff anymore... that being said i agree with you

Doctor is better specially in emergency case. Boosting speed and a great brust of heal initially but not follow on. Giving Shield, blinding enemies and temporary immunity.

Stetmann heals more in team, gives more regeneration support ( Health and energy) and his heal can't be canceled different from Geneva heal channeled.

Geneva need to do nothing before battle cause she is specially good in emegency, Stetmann has to initiate all regeneration unstop all the game before team battle starts in order to full team with 3-4 stacks of heal ( Well, if you are typical egon starting heal when team battle has started, yes then Doctor is far better)

An item I find very useful on her is the INT/HP item which gives you +50% cdr for 10 seconds and also regenerates 20% of you energy in that time, everytime you get an assist or kill. Great to help with the long cooldowns and the low energy issues. I think the item is called Symbiosis/Symbiotic Seed or something like that.

Edit: Actually I find this item is a very underused item in general. I have never seen anyone get it in game before and the passive is actually quite good (50% cdr!!) :|

An item I find very useful on her is the INT/HP item which gives you +50% cdr for 10 seconds and also regenerates 20% of you energy in that time, everytime you get an assist or kill. Great to help with the long cooldowns and the low energy issues. I think the item is called Symbiosis/Symbiotic Seed or something like that.

Edit: Actually I find this item is a very underused item in general. I have never seen anyone get it in game before and the passive is actually quite good (50% cdr!!) :|

Thats because before this patch the cd only lasted 10 seconds which was nice but not really worth it. With the added 10 seconds it is now a awesome mid game item. Ive been trying it out in a few of my int builds and been very happy with it.

the thing is, even with the added 10 seconds....its cash you couldve used on an end game item. Allow me to elaborate...If you buy intel items or intel parts for endgame items you fix your energy and intel problems too. About the life? there is always ihan and nitro. Some characters would keep nitro for the unique and ihan you sale late game and keep the charges. both of them are better than symphonic seed. What could set this item apart as a useful item now? the cdr of course. The thing is this item gives the most cdr than any other BUT only for a short while and depending on getting kills or assists. If you buy say electric mantle and chilling artifact you have a lot of CDR AND ITS PERMANENT(passive). PLUS those are long term final gear items you`d like to keep. The dev team gave symphonic seed some love and I approve, but they should give it something special to make it worth keeping...maybe some passive CDR or increase life or something. Maybe some mini bonus charges you get to keep when you sale it later. Its still very underpowered item. With Ihan you are rewarded for buying it on the early mid game knowing at the end game you free an item slot while keeping a bonus.

Played Geneva only twice in pubs and got kind of bored with the hero tbh.

For pubs, I would stick with egon/maar if I want a full support hero.

Yet to play Geneva in IH setting, but she should shine more than in pub for sure... Compared to egon? I am yet to find out!

On a side note, I really like the concept of her "E" skill - will be quite useful in team fights if aimed correctly.

havent read all the other post, but in my oppinion. the medic is just fine and the long cd on her moves are perfect. if they were any shorter she would be op once u got high intel going on.

Egon Doctor

healing: slow over time, but short cd so you Strong single target heal

can heal more ppl in the long run

farm: besides being able to keep him self up on great farming with her passive(able to hit 3 targets)

health and energy has 0 farming capabilities. her W is decent damage and the E helps to deal damage to creep

creep more often get the last hit before he does and protect her creep wave from some damage

team

support: can sustain energy pools to a point and keep most able to CC the enemy to a point with W as well as give a bust of shields

heros in the fight longer. which can asborb one melee hit. as well as save a fleeing hero with ulti.

1v1

fight: egon can hold his own for the most part in a 1v1 fight so far I have not been able to win any 1v1 fight vs an AA hero but vs spell

alot of time win the fight if he is able to kit the enemy caster heros i have won about half. Not once have i been able to kill an AA hero

in short egon is suited for supporting multiple heros and the doctor is dominate at supporting 1 hero. egon will get more kills then the doctor but the doctor will get more farm.

The new medic is sick

I can take on 2-3 dps heros at a time with her with ease

In fact I really only had trouble when entire teams ganged up on me bc they were mad at me for killing so much

Her ult is stupidly strong, but there is little benefit to lvling it past 1 up front

waiting another 30 seconds is no biggie

I have only played her as a dps hero so far, not sure how well she scales as full support (she looked like she would be useless in fights that way when I read her skills). To me 2.75 invulnerability just screamed abuse me with max attack speed and a shrapnel to win every 1v1 ever (6 seconds is more than enough time to kill most people, or maim them so bad they cant come back). Plus its nice to attack 3 things at once whenever you have shields

Her heal is pretty solid, although its hard to get allies to stay in range at times, her shield spell is very useful for harassing and last hitting ppl. I imagine as a support hero she is also very strong being able to heal and shield allies and make carrys invincible. (I found it easier to just be the carry since you never know who you'll get as a teammate :P)

Her vision spell is kind of confusing at first, and not useful if someone is right on top of you (since it limits their vision to the area of the spell, but they can still see inside it unlike shadows ult)

Will have to try out some kind of INT heavy build on her, when I tested in TM it didn't seem do to all that much for her

At the moment she is bugged and her forked attacks ignore cloaking

But that will get fixed in the next patch Im sure