Bandit Artifice

Itsthatguy

Thoughout playing many pub games (and few IH), I notice that no one ever gets Bandit Artifice.

The item itself has a very strong active, but i think it isn't used by the fact the clone instantly dies to literally anything.

You would think more people would get it as it is the highest costing item in the game.

Personally, I only get it if I'm either AA Jakk or Nova or need a way to counter shadow//boros//zeratul final when allies prove to be unreliable.

The fact it also takes so much damage makes it clear that it is a clone.

My Suggestion? I think that the item should gain resistances your hero has but takes amplify damage. [if it already does, why doesn't it seem like it at all].

The clone isn't really as strong as shadowmourne is some sense, because the enemy is bound to have different items than you, while bandit artifice copies your items. Not to mention that shadowmourne is an Active and also an invince clone.) Bandit Artifice revcieved a fairly big nerf when it didn't Proc Shadowmourne anymore too.

As it currently takes 200% Damage from all sources, I suggest making clones take an additional 250% Damage [From all sources, an amplify instead], but armor and spell resist works on it.] Thus if you has 80% Physical resistance, the amplify reduces it to 30% Resistance. If you had 50% Physical resistance, the clone would then have -75% Physical Resistance, so on. This would also make it more viable for tanks to go this item, so that Bandit artifice would be a good tanking item (as your clone can soak up some damage). You may thing: If an aa hero has so much agi which gives armor, how will other AAs kill it. Note it also amplfies spell damage, and as it is hard to super high spell resistance on AA heroes, Pyre and Sliptide (or casters) can easily kill still.

P.S.: Bandit artifice currently doesn't cause true damage to deal more damage. If you do ever add this buff, i suggest making it do, as currently, gravity edge makes clones take less damage :D.

In my opinion, you'd think a higher costing item would be bought more right? As one of the highest costing items in the game, why does nearly nobody by it. The only times i've ever seen ppl buy it were pretty bad people who would get it as their first item.

I play Tass, and the item doesn't do enough for Tass as compared to other items normally. Also, when using Bandits with Tass, you get your abilities and controls messed up. When selecting your three guys, it shows the abilities for the extra clone, which is none. Then you promptly die.

It's okay for stun with Tass, but even that stun is rather limited. Every 5th attack for 0.6 sec.

What other hero would even use this item? Nova?

In theory, it should work good on zera (dual backstabs in bubble.)

It doesn't copy any abilities // Level upable passives except SOME heroic passives.

The item is rather lame, because half the heroic passives work, half of them don't. [Come to think of it, I'm not sure if any actually works].

It should proc heroic passives. [if it did, I know who i would use it with ;) Clone Gara + SCVs from clone + stay in your own base, then final from your SCV clones [standard gara ability change all SCVS] = Win]

The item does go well with Pyre + Sliptide + Force of Entropy.

really this is the only reason anyone would get bandit`s artifice...to proc item abilities....you get an extra pyre hit thing which could be usefull vs tanks and you don`t care if they have barbed or anything cause its a clone...foe so they are perma slowed if you make your attack and the clone`s desyncronized(1 you, 1 clone, 1 you, etc)

the stats are desent, but the active should definitely be reworked....I believe more attention should be given to underused items....this recent patch shoded some love to chilling and a lot of love to eye of duran...symphonic seed got some love but dunno if itll make it worth getting...same with artifice...the devs should make this item really worth the price....like you said, its like the most expensive item in the game wise???? you should get what you paid for...maybe the clone could do some stuff like autocast some spells but not ultimates, or be a regular clone that benefits you some way....or make the clone make as if its taking "normal damage" but after certain amount it disappears like tass clones

I guess It was better when it gave 3 illusions, a few str and int, a decent amount of agi and weapon speed. Now we need more a agi+weapon speed item than in other versions because the "new" attack speed cap.

I would like to see this item like in dota, something like 20 srt 38 agi 20 int, 20% weapon speed and 8% movement speed, and reduce the prize a bit? idk if 2 clones procing items would be too much

I play Tass, and the item doesn't do enough for Tass as compared to other items normally. Also, when using Bandits with Tass, you get your abilities and controls messed up. When selecting your three guys, it shows the abilities for the extra clone, which is none. Then you promptly die.

It's okay for stun with Tass, but even that stun is rather limited. Every 5th attack for 0.6 sec.

What other hero would even use this item? Nova?

You have 3 sources of procing that stun which creates a permastun effect.

You have 3 sources of procing that stun which creates a permastun effect.

You can get about 5 attacks in 2.25 secs at max speed. Stuns are 0.6 seconds. That means for 75% time, you are stunned. Altho, the fact there is energy rake, there is a sudden gap in the stun duration. Masamune would help lessen it (altho would make energy rake more often too). Yamato wouldn't really do much since its an active. Not to mention that you have to basicly be attacking the person at melee range. A lot of heroes could easily kill the clone before you could properly attack it sadly.

Not to mention that an ally can easily kill a clone.

It doesn't copy any abilities // Level upable passives except SOME heroic passives.

The item is rather lame, because half the heroic passives work, half of them don't. [Come to think of it, I'm not sure if any actually works].

It should proc heroic passives. [if it did, I know who i would use it with ;) Clone Gara + SCVs from clone + stay in your own base, then final from your SCV clones [standard gara ability change all SCVS] = Win]

Bandits copy all heroic passives, like aura effects (Leo, Cyprus, Rory), on hit effects (Darpa, Cain, Jakk), passives (Toxi, Vergil) but not actives (Tass, Brine) or can't apply the same effect second time (Kind marines slow, Tosh mineral grant) and so on. It doesn't copy any of passive standard abilities like Kerri bounces for example.

EDIT: so far what I found that only doesn't work with Alpha zergling - they not respawn near clone like bio civilians do. Not sure why.

EDIT: so far what I found that only doesn't work with Alpha zergling - they not respawn near clone like bio civilians do. Not sure why.

It doesn't copy shadows passive [as far as i know] or Garamonds passive and i don't think it works on novas passive either. Not sure if Twitch (micro) works either. :P

I find bandits hilarious if you are using barbed plating

Shard, FOE, shrink ray etc are debuffs so if youve already hit they wont proc again

It doesnt proc shadowmourne

So that leaves prye, and stun baton, lightning rod, and explosive retro, for standard on hit procs with it

Or some of the lesser used items like agressors, sliptide etc

You pretty much have to build around it if you want to make use of it....

the clone lifetime is far too short to really make it useful for tricking people or being in 2 places at once

I like that it procs on hit effects, but Im pretty sure you cant cast any actives/abilities, and a lot of passives dont work as mentioned above

So even tassadar who would be the most likely candidate to use doesnt get much use out of it cause it doesnt synergize with his energy rake like his normal clone does

It really only functions as an extra on hit proccer / damage sponge and adds some more dps

Before stun baton was changed to 5 hits instead of 4 it was a lot more useful item to combo with. Its still pretty handy with FOE and Prye, and for drawing out ults from chars like cyprus

But you are right that it is pretty much never used

I honestly cant recall the last game I saw it in