[1.10+]Chronos.Remesis

MineralFPR

CHANGE LOG

Changed skills

INTRODUCTION

HighTemplar_SC2_Head1.jpg

Chronos.Remesis

Chronos is a master of time and space, controlling both which causes dire consequences to enemies which face him.

Strength - 20 + 4

Agility - 18 + 3

Intelligence - 30 + 5

When it hits the 10 minute mark, 0.5% timescale is equal to 1 INT and hero growth on Intelligence is removed. (INT cannot be converted to Timescale)

- This does not matter since you are not using INT for your spells.

Learns Heroic Passive Skill 1, Skill 2, Skill 3 and Ultimate

Attack range is -

Movement speed is 3

Attack speed is -

*He has no movement animation.

HERO INFORMATION

Affiliation: Neutral.Good

Role: INT Team Support

Theme: Annoying troll

A High Templar

Chronos.Remesis

Starting Hitpoints: 606

Starting Mana: 390

Starting Damage: 45

Starting Armor: 7.07

HERO ABILITIES

skill-3.jpg

Timed to time

Chronos is unable to attack normally. But, being the master of time, gains a default amount of 100% timescale and additional timescale of 5% per level. However, items that provide timescale only provide half the amount.

Level 1 -

Level 2 -

Level 3 -

Level 4 -

He is a hero that uses timescale for his spells.

Duration is -

Casting Range is -

Casting Time is -

Cooldown: -

Mana Cost: -

skill-1.gif

Bending Time

Chronos slows down particles and enemies by 60% in an area of 3 units while dealing spell damage over 2 seconds.

Level 1 - 25+(25% Total Timescale) spell damage per second.

Level 2 - 50+(50% Total Timescale) spell damage per second.

Level 3 - 75+(75% Total Timescale) spell damage per second.

Level 4 - 100+(100% Total Timescale) spell damage per second.

Take note that 75% Timescale means that 75% of Chronos' total timescale, for example;

Chronos has 200% timescale.

200 divided by 0.75 equals to 150, which means Chronos deals 150 spell damage.

Duration is 2 seconds.

Casting Range is 6 units.

Casting Time is 0.3 seconds.

Cooldown: 60/55/50/45 seconds.

Mana Cost: 60/80/100/120

skill-0.gif

Wormhole Vortex

Chronos causes a Vortex on an area of 3 units, sucking the enemies in, dealing damage to enemies on impact and release. Also, they are silenced for the whole of the duration and can be used for "Parallel Universe" as a wormhole.

Level 1 - 25+(25% Total Timescale) spell damage on impact, 50+(25% Total Timescale) spell damage on release.

Level 2 - 50+(50% Total Timescale) spell damage on impact, 80+(50% Total Timescale) spell damage on release.

Level 3 - 75+(75% Total Timescale) spell damage on impact, 110+(75% Total Timescale) spell damage on release.

Level 4 - 100+(100% Total Timescale) spell damage on impact, 140+(100% Total Timescale) spell damage on release.

You can use this ability offensively and defensively.

Duration is 2 seconds in the Vortex

Casting Range is 4 units

Casting Time is 0.1 seconds

Cooldown: 60 seconds at all levels.

Mana Cost: 80/100/120/140

skill-3.JPG

Parallel Universe

Chronos creates a wormhole of a 3 unit radius that can transport units to the other wormhole. Only a maximum of two wormholes can be created.

Level 1 - Maximum of 8+(1/125% Timescale) units of distance.

Level 2 - Maximum of 10+(1/125% Timescale) units of distance.

Level 3 - Maximum of 12+(1/125% Timescale) units of distance.

Level 4 - Maximum of 14+(1/125% Timescale) units of distance.

This allows you to help yourself and the team to escape, while allowing the members of the enemy team to be separated.

Duration is 10 seconds.

Casting Range is 6 units.

Casting Time is 1 second.

Cooldown: 45 seconds at all levels.

Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80 per wormhole.

skill-3.gif

Time swap!

Chronos swaps locations with the target, while dealing spell damage per second for a set amount of time. When Chronos swaps with a target with lower health than him, he intensifies the damage by 1.5 times. If the target goes below 150 health, it is immediately killed.

However, if Chronos goes below 200 health, he transforms into an archon that explodes, killing him and does a set amount of spell damage globally.

Level 1 - Deals 50+(100% Total Timescale) spell damage per second for 2 seconds. Deals 50+(100%Timescale) spell damage globally.

Level 2 - Deals 75+(100% Total Timescale) spell damage per second for 3 seconds. Deals 75+(100%Timescale) spell damage globally.

Level 3 - Deals 100+(100% Total Timescale) spell damage per second for 4 seconds. Deals 100+(100% Timescale) spell damage globally.

This allows you to save people or cast a lot of spell damage.

Duration is 2/3/4 seconds.

Casting Range is 8 units.

Casting Time is 1 second.

Cooldown: 180/150/120 seconds.

Mana Cost: 200/300/400

As an INT hero, you could probably reach 300 INT on this guy by late game? Since timescale works multiplicatively, that's actually 446% timescale from INT alone. Add on the level bonus, you've got 1070% timescale... Add on some timescale items and maybe the tank buff for fun and you have... 1550% timescale!

Rofl, 30 range attack and 3k damage spells.

As an INT hero, you could probably reach 300 INT on this guy by late game? Since timescale works multiplicatively, that's actually 446% timescale from INT alone. Add on the level bonus, you've got 1070% timescale... Add on some timescale items and maybe the tank buff for fun and you have... 1550% timescale!

Rofl, 30 range attack and 3k damage spells.

MOTHER OF GOD!

Okay, you're reading it wrongly. I've inputed that in so that you can have an expanded mana pool, INT cannot be converted to timescale. It means that for example;

You have 150% Timescale. Then you have 300 INT, thus having a larger mana pool.

Also, Timescale adds up timescale, not multiply each other.

MOTHER OF GOD!

Haha yea. It'd be hell if you stacked 5 argus 1 Yamato though. Around 600 INT, 7.5% timescale bonus, level bonus, tank buff and 30% timescale active. Apparently you can get 8400% timescale.

Hmm, 56 attack range and 20k damage spells. Sorry Min, but with the way timescale stacks, balancing this hero would be awfully hard

Edit: Oh I see, that's too bad. 56 range attack would've been cool.

Haha yea. It'd be hell if you stacked 5 argus 1 Yamato though. Around 600 INT, 7.5% timescale bonus, level bonus, tank buff and 30% timescale active. Apparently you can get 8400% timescale.

Hmm, 56 attack range and 20k damage spells. Sorry Min, but with the way timescale stacks, balancing this hero would be awfully hard

Edit: Oh I see, that's too bad. 56 range attack would've been cool.

I'm just trying to scale my spells with a different type of attribute. Normally its weapon damage/STR/AGI/INT... Which I find boring.

Yea, I get where you're coming from, and it's a good idea.

Right, balance. If he gets 3 range every 150% timescale, does that mean he's a melee hero until mid game? Also, Why does his heroic passive last for 10 minutes? That's ulllttrraaaa long.

Q and W actually seem pretty ok.

Wormholes are pretty UP. They're pretty much completely useless at level 1 and 2. You might as well walk. They're somewhat useful at level 3 and 4, but still, 10 range is kinda short considering the duration of the spell.

His ulti strikes me as being kinda strange. So if you've got stacks of your passive on the enemy, you just keep swapping every second? I don't really see much a point in that.

Uhmm.. Isn't the Ulti of this guy an upgraded version and DEADLIER version of Tass' ulti?

If you put it that way, then yes. I love the animation of AEther Swap so I made some further changes like dealing damage and has the option to consume all "Times" debuffs to continue swapping, dealing a set amount of spell damage per swap. (Swap takes a second)

Here are some very important aspects that a time-scale based INT hero should / shouldn't have:

1. His timescale should not be increasingly powerful at late game because that would be overpowered (make scaling sharp to fix).
  2. His cooldowns should be at least 30% longer, because his excessive time scale might make his abilities too spammable.
  3. Timescale scaling should not scale with ability level growth.
  4. He should have less benefit from external sources of time scale if it gives him a large base amount of time scale, since time scale functions in a compounded manner.
  5. His strength and intelligence should not scale so highly (the regeneration is boosted by time scale).
  6. His walk animation should be slower or have no walk animation at all.
  7. His weapon speed should be slower in general, or he could have less benefit from weapon speed items.

Those are just some of the few tips on creating a time scale hero. Other than that, I like the idea of creating a time scale hero because it would be original compared to other Action RTS's (Real Time Strategy). I also don't understand why his Bending Time has no specification on how slow projectiles and other things are. His ultimate is a tweaked version of EnTaro.Tassadar's ultimate, just even stronger. His Wormhole Vortex has an unusual effect with a gigantic radius of area of 4, while shadow's vortex has a radius of area of 1.75~2.25, if I remember correctly. The way it doesn't state how it sucks in units and the rate is also unusual. You didn't mention how large the wormholes of Parallel Universe would be.

To close this post of mine, I would say he needs a lot more detail and some tweaking. It is better to put a few well-thought suggestions rather than several others for picking. I was so inspired with this article that I would try to do the same, and I saw how profound the idea was (if you haven't already read it). Here's the link: Ash.Khastiana

Well, first of all, thanks for the constructive criticism. Second, I'll make the changes tomorrow. Third, I have a weird disease that I cannot explain my ideas properly for some reason. I was too inspired by the article but my main objective for now is to introduce new mechanisms that can overwrite the old heroes that we have today.

And, I have already included the lesser benefit from his items in his passive, and I forgot to put his skills on detail, sorry about that!

While I plan on making a lot of hero suggestions, how can you improve without the criticisms of other people? That's why I dish out my ideas and may depend on people like you to see if there's problems with my hero. Thanks for the advice with timescale heroes, I may create more with strange mechanics.

Yea, I get where you're coming from, and it's a good idea.

Right, balance. If he gets 3 range every 150% timescale, does that mean he's a melee hero until mid game? Also, Why does his heroic passive last for 10 minutes? That's ulllttrraaaa long.

Q and W actually seem pretty ok.

Wormholes are pretty UP. They're pretty much completely useless at level 1 and 2. You might as well walk. They're somewhat useful at level 3 and 4, but still, 10 range is kinda short considering the duration of the spell.

His ulti strikes me as being kinda strange. So if you've got stacks of your passive on the enemy, you just keep swapping every second? I don't really see much a point in that.

I forgot to reply to this. He gets a range of 3 for base attack range while he gains another range of 3 per 150% timescale. Also, I have changed the ultimate skill so that i can be a benefit to Chronos. Wormholes are changed to 8/10/12/14 units of distance and duration per wormhole lasts 10 seconds now.

Archived