[1.63] Egon.Stettman - Guide or ideas on 'build order'

Darit

As the title says, I'm looking for a decent up-to-date guide and some ideas on strategy. Healthy enough to withstand some burst, and intelligent enough to be a good healer. I've been going Ihan, Blue Gene, Argus, Gravity, then going tanky items like organic and nitrogen retrofit (if it ever progresses that far..)

I think you should get the Nitrogen much faster than argus or gravity, because with just 1 Q your allies will be able to chase the target easily. I always buy Impac Dial for support purposes, save your allies, push them to kill enemies, and use it to scape. Buy Sharpnel Cloak 2, to disable enemy carry, you can also buy Eternal Drive or whatever is spelled to heal even more your allies during a teamfight, and the passive healing is good for them 2. You can get early Ihan Crystal for int+hp like Nitrogen, you know.

You can also buy Spell Buffer to support with the aura, you can also buy warp shard>SHC to jump, stun and then sharpnel in a teamfight, you know.

If you are just looking for kills with the poison and silence then just go your sandart build with pure int, but his role shouldnt be get all those kills.

My final build is: Impact Dial, Sharpnel Cloak, SHC, Ihan stacked, Nitrogen Retrofit, Yamato, and Parallax/E.Mantle depending on the game

First item you want on him is superheated. Besides giving good sustain, you really can't farm for diddly with Egon unless you get one. Even with a superheated Egon is a crappy farmer but you can at least keep pace. Second item should probably be barbed. This is because as people are trying to focus fire you down, you heal yourself and do damage to them. Both are cheap items and that is what I generally do for an opening and then get ihan and go from there in terms of whether to go full fledged tank or else pack on the int (usually int). Both routs synergize well with barbed because the more int you have the more you heal yourself with your Q, but the more health you have also accomplishes the same thing though raw health is better in situations where the enemy has a one skill kill hero like Cyprus or Zera that can burst you down unless you get at least 4k health.

Other items you may want to consider are spell buffer and korhal on him as they both increase his survivability but provide good auras to your team as well. In terms of team fights his main assets are his silence and his ward so whether you go tank/support tank/int or pure tank depends a lot on who your allies happen to be and how they are building their heroes as you want your build to generalize around what they are doing, rather than following some cookie cutter build on him.

First item you want on him is superheated. Besides giving good sustain, you really can't farm for diddly with Egon unless you get one. Even with a superheated Egon is a crappy farmer but you can at least keep pace. Second item should probably be barbed. This is because as people are trying to focus fire you down, you heal yourself and do damage to them. Both are cheap items and that is what I generally do for an opening and then get ihan and go from there in terms of whether to go full fledged tank or else pack on the int (usually int). Both routs synergize well with barbed because the more int you have the more you heal yourself with your Q, but the more health you have also accomplishes the same thing though raw health is better in situations where the enemy has a one skill kill hero like Cyprus or Zera that can burst you down unless you get at least 4k health.

Other items you may want to consider are spell buffer and korhal on him as they both increase his survivability but provide good auras to your team as well. In terms of team fights his main assets are his silence and his ward so whether you go tank/support tank/int or pure tank depends a lot on who your allies happen to be and how they are building their heroes as you want your build to generalize around what they are doing, rather than following some cookie cutter build on him.

stop reading at "buy a SHM" egon doesnt need farm .... .... ... ... .. ... ... ... ... ... .. ... ... ... .. ... ... .. ... .. ... .. .. ... ... ... ... ... . .... .. . . . . . . . . . .

What kind of bad player would like to farm with egon? At the end of the games I have less than 40 creeps, and I can still get the basic items, impact dial, sharpnel cloak and spell buffer, the rest items are considered luxury items, if you have the money to buy them, ok, but you are not item dependant as egon, focus on useful items, forgive your farm, forgive your money

and ward ward ward and buy scanners to ruin enemy warding

Its never inhouse that I'm playing so a hybrid "kind of take care of pubbers" and "be able to kill agility/int heroes" is my focus. I dont really try to kill tanks. Something ive noticed in my games, egons hero passive reduces CD on his Q spell, but i can cast it once on a creep then continue healing myself/other heroes for the duration and still get the 1/2 cast/mana. Am i seeing stuff or is this a strategy I've overlooked?

For those of you actually reading this, please just read the bolded, which I mostly agree.

Superheated and Barb on Egon... I can maybe agree with Barb in pub but superheated is a waste.

Primary income source of Egon will be assisting kills, last hitting creeps, and pushing down towers as you heal.

if you really NEED to farm: you can use W to lasthit creeps(cost less when used on a creep than a player) and your healing abilities will allow you to own neutral creeps at levels 4-6 with ease and without depleting life nor energy

having said that you really really wanna try to get cash via lane ganks....specially early on...you save your teammates life, you allow for infinity push(no need for you or laners near you to go back to base) you can even get some kills of your own sometimes even with crappy gear or using the gayness 5 pendants strategy followed by nitro. If the teammate you support sucks u still don`t want to farm. You just switch teammates to support. Farm only as a last option. A similar thread was opened for jackson. Even with different role than egon the answer is the same. Last option farm. Egon is designed to be a thorn every enemies`ass and making kills easy while denying enemies the chance to kill your teammates. That is, in other words, you allow for easy team cash(killings) and deny them the cash they would get for every life you save.

Note on how to do this. I`ve played egon since he came out many time and though I don`t main him anymore the one golden item you really want to have asap is nitrogen retrofit. intel + life + making your Q a long time SLOW??? YES PLEASE!!! Sometimes i get good laners with me early and i go 4-5 pendants for some life and infinity spamming spells for early ganks, i compensate the "waste" of cash with the ganks i make or assists. Before the last nerf I even got a godlike once before getting first major item. Weather you go 5 pendant and make money by fighting, or you get 1 pendant and save cash any other way, the first "real" item is nitro...use and abuse.....more like abuse....enemy engages...place ward in advantageous position if possible or wait till a best position is defined by the engagement, silence dangerous casters with your W and proceed to look who your teammates aare r4p1ng and use Q on him so he cannot escape due to slow...you can use ulti as battle initiates or later, to use Q + W on a fleeing target to fiish him as he runs....most of the time its better if you ulti at start if you can, to mass heal your whole team.

I generally get ihan as a second item cause I love the early ganks when enemies cannot handle egons harrass very well...If its not the case or you are just tower hugging and....***glup*** godforbid: farming!!!...then yes, ihan is a good early choice and the stacks will kick in about the right time you buy your nitro so you will be stronger on midgame, at the expense of not having ganked much early on

other items depend on your teammates and enemies really....egon is by no means item dependant...Ive tried the good old wanna gank em build(gravity and argus and the item that gives you speed every ability you cast) + some defensive gear: made against? squishies or mid HP loners...with your ulti up and nitro + Q you can chase indefinitelly an enemy via slowing him + making yourself faster...if enemies start getting spell resist and life it becomes kinda obsolete since they wont try to run anymore and will just beat you...

the non intel based spellspammer: you use basically the intell from nitro and stacks from ihan....THATS IT....rest of gear are cooldown items that make you survivalman + auraman: chilling artifact good versus aa carries, coat of arms, aura for your teams cooldowns as well as yours and gives the carries even more attack speed....a staple may be as well electric mantle...allows a chance to run a bypassing aa carry, spell resist for the surprise nukes, and some tankyness...still the idea is to mass support.....with mass CD reduction + your heroic passive you can have all your team on healing mode and even some of them enemies with Q for the slow all you do is spam spells during fights and your teammates will love you...with this build a 5v5 fight becomes like an 8v5 even if you have a noob on your team.....yes, I`m being serious, ask anyone ho has done this...all u do is keep yourself alive and spam the fck mass spells everywhere till every ally is green and every enemy is purple and place wards everywhere(yes, with this build you can even put 2 wards if fights are a bit long)...an optional item I think it shines with a good team is eternal drive...I would trade any cooldown iten for this...complements you rlong term heals speeding up the process of saving the whole team.. just run in the middle of team, activate, retreat to the back , keep spamming

the tank egon: dont like it, period.....still, here it goes: for those situations when you are blessed with an all caster team mainly on pubs and no tanks...you get mass life and try to disable/hurt a bit via items, but your teammates will do the nuking...you just use ward over yourself so enemies cant aa click it and get you know, organic, sometimes the axe + barbed combo vs aa heroes, nitro still might be a good idea for the Q, eternal drive will shine here, super heated mantle for the tankyness + melee enemies burn, electric mantle for the life, resist and spell damage every time it procs, shrapnel cloak you get the point...zero damage from your spells, some damage from the items, and get as much life as you can the damage comes from you nukers(have you had a raynor, rancor, maar, queen on your team? that thing is wicked if they can land their chainstuns + ults even if you die its like 3-5 of their deaths for yours so its worth it.

Superheated is necessary on Egon at least in pub games because you can't depend on your allies for assists and you can't depend on the other team having feeders to get you income through kills. All those other items are nice except you will never get them in a real game if you have no way of farming those items. If you have the income for a bunch of items solely from kills and assists, it probably means you have already won the game. Superheated is also nice in holding a tower against a push because of the passive damage it does and the passive creep kills do add up pretty quickly.

Superheated is necessary on Egon at least in pub games because you can't depend on your allies for assists and you can't depend on the other team having feeders to get you income through kills. All those other items are nice except you will never get them in a real game if you have no way of farming those items. If you have the income for a bunch of items solely from kills and assists, it probably means you have already won the game. Superheated is also nice in holding a tower against a push because of the passive damage it does and the passive creep kills do add up pretty quickly.

I think you have learned that SHM is not useful with egon XD (jk)

I think you have learned that SHM is not useful with egon XD (jk)

You mean my terrible team that ran from every engagement? That night was my only bad game with Egon and it was quite simply the case I tend to be the first into battle and the last to leave when I play support heroes. Unfortunately, our nova was always the last to enter battle and the first to leave. Even more frustrating, they would not push at all and Nova would just go around doing nothing but farming up all the neutrals leaving none for anyone else so everyone was way behind. Basically our Nova made it near impossible to win for a variety of reasons, but the fact it was a 4v5 that might as well have been a 3v5 didn't help much either.

Also, it doesn't matter what items Egon has on him if his team does nothing but run to save their own butts. Even then your premade against a bunch of random players with a man down and a net negative Nova who would just "vanish" the first sign of an enemy showing up leaving me out in the open with my thumb up my butt, is not exactly a valid example to prove or disprove superheated on Egon when going for a tank build.

That being said, I am using another non-intel build on him right now (not a tank build) that works extremely well as it synergizes with his ult very well that is similiar to builds I have used on other heroes.

Also, it doesn't matter what items Egon has on him if his team does nothing but run to save their own butts. Even then your premade against a bunch of random players with a man down and a net negative Nova who would just "vanish" the first sign of an enemy showing up leaving me out in the open with my thumb up my butt, is not exactly a valid example to prove or disprove superheated on Egon when going for a tank build.

Premade? rofl

I was playing with zero cause we are friends, i didnt know the other 3 players xD

DST is one of the best Egon items ever (you probably shouldn't get it first, though, get Nitrogen, or Spell Buffer first). Allow ludicrous kiting, which means that even if the enemy could straight up kill you, they won't get a chance, unless they have superb chasing abilities (for example Shadow will continue without any difference, since his keeping up depends on attack speed, not movement speed).

no offense to the SHM lovers, but I`d rather go 5 pendants on pubs than get the mantle...5 pendants will give youif i recall correctly 60 intel, 150 energy, 3,75 energy regen per second, and 500 life...basically its a nitro on steroids for only 3250....with this stats you can spam your spells on creeps for last hiitting with W mainly....last hitting with W and your main attack will get easier due to the 60 intel...its 30 weapon damage which is nice for early game...also, each pendant is only 650 so you dont have to wait to finish a big item...you get better and better early on with each pendant you get....also theres this window of oportunity that allows you to get kills easily on pubs(I do this all the time with many intel heroes)...BE CAREFULL though on choosing the target for the kill.....str heroes are obviously harder to kill, but take a look at the gear of your enemies....you can go 5 pendands but Ive seen shadows get 5 machetes in response and have seen balrogs and cains go 5 bucklers as well....for this to work on egon and get the kill without a good teammate you need them to have 1 early item and be on their way to get their first big item asap...on this kind of characters you can capitalize to get cash for kills...if they get 5 bucklers or 5 machetes forget it....theyll leech back or regen back all the damage you deal

this is why u play IH on mumble not every hero is a hyper carry even tho you try to build them all that way

heros have roles and jobs for the team