Puller Guide

sTeveN

No troll, this guide is ONLY FOR PULLING, not for tanking/dps. Plus some cool drake strat :0

Okay i guess if you wanna pull enemies u have to pick either drake or boros. no such thing like Rubick here ;)

Imagine an even game, all 5 are in mid trying to push. Mostly this situation will last for 5 minutes or so that neither of both sides has any advantage and they are just waiting for waves of creeps. NOW U NEED A PULLER, or what is called INITIATOR to break this awkward situation. sometimes a nice puller, not necessarily a tanky drake or hurty boros would help a lot. that's why i make this pulling guide.

Drake: start with a duran for some health and that's it. if u feel that he's squishy get a 875 spell res.

Then quickly get impact dial. U might think this is unnecessary because it is waste of minerals. But, no. drake is super good at some impact dial combos. for example, you pluck your enemy on the mid lane ramp, that's not really a good location for you because enemies escape easily. With a dial, you can easily get them to your mid tower, and here the situation changes. your teammates can use stuns/slows on the enemy and easily get the kill.

And the BEST combo: this actually reminds me of playing tidehunter in DotA cuz i use drake's ult as a team stun.

Firstly you need to face at your enemies (no bristleback in this game of course), then start casting your ult, LET THEM HEAR THE ROAR SOUND. then they will think "what a noob drake". but you use your dial the last second you channel your ult. Then you will see drake flies into enemies and hit all of them. (Reason is that impact dial doesn't stop channel spells) Rest of the ganking is your teammates' job ;) Or if you play it defensively, it's tower's job.

Second item you'll grab is either warp shard or phase cloak.

Still not enough range? get warp shard. From river to T2 tower in one second. press Q, initiate the pluck on enemy, and IMMEDIATELY use warp shard before the lance reaches out otherwise it's not gonna work. (This requires some skills i'll say, you have to make sure you pluck is not gonna miss.) and quickly use dial before lance comes back.

Another cool combo is warp shard, pluck and dial. It's mostly used when you wanna pull someone down from their highground.

Enemies perfectly dodges all the pluck? Get phase cloak. Here's when game starts to get tricky. a nice phase cloak can easily pull enemies.

Grab a TPI if you want, this speeds up your ult and gives you cooldown reduction.

For Boros it's basically the same thing. start with one of the component of impact dial (300+ mineral i guess) then manapots and healthpots for laning. Get dial, phase cloak, shard then get some weapon damage if you like his ult or some some int if you like his bola dmg and ss. Now boros has been nerfed that his bola can't travel as long as possible. It has a max range cap. So i no longer favor boros now :(

Yesterday i picked drake, got dial, shard, cloak, spell buffer, organic and yamato. It works.

btw, i'm thinking that if you lockbox your enemy and pluck him as soon as the lockbox ends, would it be more powerful?

Dial works in the middle of drakes Channel? I didn't know that. Altho phase cloak for Drake isn't really good because he is big, and easy to see him, even when he is cloaked.

The Lockbox thing, you have to time it perfectly, an enemy actually can easily escape if you off by half a second ):

Dial works in the middle of drakes Channel? I didn't know that. Altho phase cloak for Drake isn't really good because he is big, and easy to see him, even when he is cloaked.

The Lockbox thing, you have to time it perfectly, an enemy actually can easily escape if you off by half a second ):

yah dial works on all the channels, so does phase cloak. so just channel, dial and boom. u know i can time lockbox perfectly :)

cloak drake makes for some great plucks cause the lance is cloaked also until it hits, its pretty funny and a shinobi style is not a horrible item on drake with the move speed and health / cloak it offers its not standard but its reasonable

best drake pluck tho is a warp shard if u warp shard immediately after you cast the pluck, it will work like boros bola and you will pluck them 9 extra units " the distance of warp shard"

its a little tricky to work you need to be fast, you cant sit and watch the pluck you have to pluck then asap teleport or it wont work

give's an extra second of stun, but if you are channeling warp shard/SHC will instantly stop it. that's why dial not shard

But Dial isn't as reliable, and if you miss, it could spell trouble. Not to mention that SHC gives you timescale (slightly faster healing and less time in ground and more speed) and Hp.

pulling for boros is not easy nowadays.

but still doable.

option 1: easy

warp shard to close the gap to the target hero bola and impact dial out.

option 2: not so easy

or SHC in to stun, throw a backswing bola, run back impact dial out.

option 3: for the pros, if executed properly, very hard to dodge bola

throw a backswing bola

warp shard to adjust return angle

snag on return flgiht

impact dial out

• 2 weeks later...