How to Build Null

VasyaKot

Null is cool at damage in early game as he has high base damage parameters for Arcane Sword and Magic Missiles. But when is comes to late game, it becomes almost impossible to deal any noticable damage especially to tanks. The question is: should I stack raw int or get mass cd reduction?

Oh and how about hybrid AA/Caster build? Some weapon speed and he is going to kill those poor enemies in forcefields!

ihan nitrogen/argus/yamato/gravity as needed. grab a defensive item or two as needed (electric mantle/shrapnel/organic/small hadron).

pretty much the standard int build

this,

But also consider a int/ aa build Null has a great auto attack animation

for this id go

pendant, ihan, nitro, argus, gravity yamato, shadow mourn, sell pendant, stars fury , sell ihan, " defense item some ideas are paralax , electric mantle, taser , shrapnel, small hadron "

all int casters end up with 350+ wep damage late game and null has a great auto attack, with this you will deal a great amount of damage , even more if you use paralax cause it gives agi and int, you can sub pyre or a masumane for shadow mourn , it all depends on what you need for the situation,

but generally you want to use your combo skills i.e ult, sword , stun , then block in with force fields at needed, and aa them down from a safe range, keep them locked in the FF as long as you can so shadowmourn can do its job and spam spells as much as u can to get the bonus dmg from stars fury, " some people like black hole magnum because your pushing 350+ wep damage any way its a matter of choice they both offer the same amount of weapon speed"

Both Null and Egon can go AA-caster fairly easily. Here is my build. It requires being good with bubbles to run away but if you can use them right, you should never get caught.

Build

-Int-

Star Fury- attack speed, int, cd reduction

Gravity Edge- int, spell->true damage, move speed

Ihan Crystal- int, attack dmg, spell dmg increase

ALSO

Sunflare Gun- great burst dmg, high int, lifesteal for sustaining

-Tankiness-

Force of Entropy- strength, health, attack move speed reduction (great for kiting with Null)

OR

Electric Mantle- strength, cd reduction, spell resist, stun on hit

-DPS-

Cerebro+Arcbound- excellent caster pairing for built in cd, attack speed, int, movement speed

Masamune- needs to get coupled with a few tanky items & attack speed but gives great cd and dmg

Pyre- couples great with Ihan and Gravity for more spell dmg output, attack speed

These items build together depending on opposition but mess around with builds until you find a generic one that works for you. I gravitate towards Star Fury, Ihan, Gravity, Cerebro, Arcbound and Pyre/Sunflare b/c of the already insanely low cd on Magic Missiles and Arcane Sword.

Both Null and Egon can go AA-caster fairly easily. Here is my build. It requires being good with bubbles to run away but if you can use them right, you should never get caught.

Build

-Int-

Star Fury- attack speed, int, cd reduction

Gravity Edge- int, spell->true damage, move speed

Ihan Crystal- int, attack dmg, spell dmg increase

ALSO

Sunflare Gun- great burst dmg, high int, lifesteal for sustaining

-Tankiness-

Force of Entropy- strength, health, attack move speed reduction (great for kiting with Null)

OR

Electric Mantle- strength, cd reduction, spell resist, stun on hit

-DPS-

Cerebro+Arcbound- excellent caster pairing for built in cd, attack speed, int, movement speed

Masamune- needs to get coupled with a few tanky items & attack speed but gives great cd and dmg

Pyre- couples great with Ihan and Gravity for more spell dmg output, attack speed

These items build together depending on opposition but mess around with builds until you find a generic one that works for you. I gravitate towards Star Fury, Ihan, Gravity, Cerebro, Arcbound and Pyre/Sunflare b/c of the already insanely low cd on Magic Missiles and Arcane Sword.

do not i repeat do not buy these items the ones i have in red,, they are not worth it, on any hero

FOE while a great item for agi and str dps is not worth it on null, just stick with the nitro that gives health and int, " in blue"

honestly i disagree with this dude on a lot, your first priority is int, and more int, int scales with wep damage you dont really need wep damage items, your going to be sitting at 350+ wep damage after your done with your int items, you only need 2 attack speed items to be viable, do not buy arc bound yes it gives wep speed and move speed, but shadowmourn gives those also and sucks your dick at the same time, its so much better, it does every thing the arc bound does and gives you more dps with its passive ,

Ihan will be one of your first items but then you will sell it later once you gotten all its stacks " you keep the stacks once you sell ihan they dont go away even if you die you keep them all game"

pyre is a reasonable choice, also argus crystal and yamato cannon will make pyre 's passive deal more damage the 5% max life as spell damage,

Yamato gives int str agi and int, and CD reduction and 25% spell amp damage, and its active makes you attack faster the time scale, this is a much better choice then masamune, masamune is a great item period but its only really worth while on a agi hero, because of its passive -20% physical dmg resist, agi heros end up with mass amount of agi and agi add's armor and 1 armor = 3% dmg resist.

my build above builds around int because your skills with your ult deal a crap ton of damage and int scales with wep damage, if you build more wep damage items your only crippling your self. plus my build offers more tank and sustain

there are a lot of kids offering bad item builds on here you got to watch out, im not saying mine is perfect but its a good place to start

Cerebro is a decent item. I sorta think Yamato outclasses it on a caster, but if you want hybrid fine. Shadowmourne > Arcbound. Sunflare, Shrink Ray, STAR'S FURY, Taser and Gravity Edge are all good hybrid items. Pyre is a great DPS addition, try to get it if you don't have many - it outclasses most others if you only get one. Ihan is a must have early game for stacks. Argus is great for pure INT. (It's yamato reactor ^^^)

Cerebro is a decent item. I sorta think Yamato outclasses it on a caster, but if you want hybrid fine. Shadowmourne > Arcbound. Sunflare, Shrink Ray, STAR'S FURY, Taser and Gravity Edge are all good hybrid items. Pyre is a great DPS addition, try to get it if you don't have many - it outclasses most others if you only get one. Ihan is a must have early game for stacks. Argus is great for pure INT. (It's yamato reactor ^^^)

rofl so bad this its is utterly useless, i dont know why people use it

Lol Hogwarts... With Null, Cerebro/Arc is a troll build that is a lot better than you would think in part because Null's CD's are so low as it is. If you do buy these two items, you will also want Electric Mantle (at the very least) for surviveability BUT they are decent items on him if you can play him well and micro... Give it a try b/c being able to double stun and double sword without ulti-ing is pretty fun. Not to mention crazy bubble trapping before you even pop your ultimate. And Cerebro gives him plenty of int anyways. The purpose of archbound is to boost the weaponspeed and crit chance even higher than what Shadowmourne can provide along with increased movement speed. Don't knock it till you try it on him because it works if you can handle it.

Lol Hogwarts... With Null, Cerebro/Arc is a troll build that is a lot better than you would think in part because Null's CD's are so low as it is. If you do buy these two items, you will also want Electric Mantle (at the very least) for surviveability BUT they are decent items on him if you can play him well and micro... Give it a try b/c being able to double stun and double sword without ulti-ing is pretty fun. Not to mention crazy bubble trapping before you even pop your ultimate. And Cerebro gives him plenty of int anyways. The purpose of archbound is to boost the weaponspeed and crit chance even higher than what Shadowmourne can provide along with increased movement speed. Don't knock it till you try it on him because it works if you can handle it.

you miss the point but its cool if your going for a cool down build there are better options

No I think I understand the point you are making and it is valid. My point is this makes a good hybrid between int caster that can be built a bit tankier with less focus on cd items. I mean I would still get Star Fury, Gravity Edge and Ihan along with Electric Mantle, Cerbro and Arc.

But yes, I wouldn't start with these items on Null. He can't build Int quickly going this route so its only a mid-late game combo.

No I think I understand the point you are making and it is valid. My point is this makes a good hybrid between int caster that can be built a bit tankier with less focus on cd items. I mean I would still get Star Fury, Gravity Edge and Ihan along with Electric Mantle, Cerbro and Arc.

But yes, I wouldn't start with these items on Null. He can't build Int quickly going this route so its only a mid-late game combo.

are not tank.... the item choice i suggested provides more then enough aa attack speed, and is way more tank with a massive amount of int. and int scales with wep damage like no other , my build makes you deal way more damage while being more tanky and having more sustain.

shadowmourn while yes gives less wep speed crit and move speed also gives you a shadow that procs all the other opponents items...... it deals 30% wep damage and items procs so if your opponent has a pyre you have a pyre, if they have a ax to negate life steal guess what you have an ax to negate life steal, if they happen to have a stun baton, you guessed it, you now have a stun baton. Shadow is the absolute best late game anti dps and dps item there is. this will be one of the latter items you get after you have a ihan, yamato, argus grav edge, nito <-- in no particular order. and rember to always sell ihan once you have your other 5 items because you keep the stacks when you sell it