Best way to play LZ?

residente

So I was thinking on what is the best way to play Lord, DPS or Support/ Tank? It's better say, I'm LZ I'm carry someone pick support, or support with LZ and let another player play a strong carry?

His W and E make him a good DPS because synergizes well with any DPS item. You can trap ppl and you have 4 seconds to kill them, his E help your dps in the early and mid game, and maybe in late game if you dont go to a full attack speed build.

You can get items like Darwins Might, Pyre, Stun Baton, FoE, maybe Time Splitter to reach the AS cap?, Galactic Defender, Shadowmourne, etc. You can be a strong opponent against any AGI hero because you will have a lot of hp 2, and physical damage resist because of his heroic passive+E.

It's better to build him as a full support? Impact Dial to chase enemies and help allies to scape, Sharpnel Cloak to disarm AA enemies, Spell buffer, Khoral and CoA to give auras to your allies. SHC to chase better your enemies etc.

Where is the full potential of LZ? Thanks for your opinions!

Hard to tell actually. I played him as tank support many times but the problem with him is that he need to a lot of farm to be a good tank. Quite low STR grow per level and lack of spell resistance makes him pretty hard to play as tank. Once u get behind u are almost totally useless as tank. However if u are ahead (especially if u get stacks from olympic and valors) u almost unkillable and u can support team pretty very well with ulti and lot of aura defence items. Offensive build in other hand is easier as u are not in first lane and it easier to farm more. Moreover u can build LZ based on leech because with debuff immunity u don't have to worry about Executioner Axe or Shrapnel Cloak. Both build are viable. I think the best way is to just mix both of them with this core items:

- Pyre

- SHC

- Spell Buffer

- Scythe Sliptide

- Darwin's Might

Get stacks on Olympic and Valors as well. Solid build with a lot of dps and resistance. 6th item is situational.

hmm lz is a really awesome hero in my mind really underrated imo and i like to play him tank/dps and you have to basically stick in there and get ur stacks up on his e because thats wat makes him so effective i like to usual get torch/FoE/CoA/prye/darwinsmight then from ther its a situational thing usually spell buffer is a solid choice but with then 5 items ther ur pretty stocky and can do well enough damage and whoever u trap in circle is pretty much gonna die either from you or your teamates as lz does alot of damage in that ring ther i found thats best way to build and then u also sell ur torch eventually for another situational item or more tank or dps watever u prefer

Always start with SHM, not only does it benefit your low farm potential, but it also deals good damage in the large time you are close to one or more enemies. From there on in, branch out into two main builds:

Tank: Torch > E Mantle, Pulse Hammer > Organic Carapace > Sliptide > FoE > sell SHM, get Pyre

Situational: Barbed Platting, Lifetech Nanosuit, Ax, Eternal Drive

DPS: Pyre > FoE > Lightning Rod > Stun Batton > SHC > sell Lightning Rod, get Masume > sell SHM, get Darwin's Might

Situation: any defense item, should you need it, torch, if you are not dying.

Superheated Mantle

Warp Shard

Pyre

Warp Shard -> SHC

Barbed

Electric Mantle

Carapace

And don't forget ihan thrown in there somewhere.

Thanks to your E, all you really need is pyre. You can of course get more attack speed by putting on other DPS items, but you are a melee hero and that means you will be taking a lot of damage so it is pointless to try and make him attack superfast because he will just melt to focus fire and building leech on him is pointless as well because he will be getting stunned/disabled a bunch even with his debuff immunity ability so lifesteal is not really a reliable form of sustain on him. If there are a lot of super tanks with barbed running around, trade the superheated for sliptyde scythe for more spell resist.

Superheated is a great all around early item, I almost always include it unless I'm screwing around.

40 damage every second to the creeps helps him hold towers on defense, push lanes on offense and farm neutrals. Per mineral spent it is the perfect early game combo of defense and offense for a character deciding whether he wants to go support/tank/offense. It fits well into any of those builds.

If you're up against a strong AA character early game (probably will try to gank you at some point, and I love to lure them into the long lane) grabbing a barbed on top of your SHM makes you a dangerous guy to attack. If you want to go on offense then adding a pyre with SHM makes farming incredibly lucrative and helps you build up cash fast. Needless to say, I almost always drop my SHM in late game because it becomes obsolete.

One of my absolute favorite items to carry around with a support/tank LZ is a Hive Symbiosis. People seriously underestimate how much lifesteal that really gives you when you have a team backing you up. It's one of the only ways to heal when you are getting stunlocked in a team fight because your allies do the lifestealing for you. It also allows you to tank a tower with no creeps backing you up and not lose life, so long as your team has the balls to keep shooting at it while you charge in like a drunken rambo.

Why the superheated?

Superheated is great for the farm, but the armor is very nice on any strength hero and as a melee hero in the thick of things, it does a lot of DPS when it hits multiple targets. Also, sometimes you can't maintain chase with your attack but just being near an enemy sometimes is enough to finish them off. It pays for itself many times over on him from both active and passive farming as it does on any melee hero that does not go pure DPS. It is also relatively cheap and gives the right kind of stats to handle early game burst damage (which can be a problem for zyrk since he no longer has spell resist buffs from his passive and tenacious fury so you need health and/or spell resist fast). I mean if you get superheated and ihan relatively fast, you have near 1000 total hit points relatively early in the game which makes it so Cyprus hitting you with his combo is not going to kill you outright and other burst heroes won't kill you outright either before you have a chance to counterattack.

Superheated is a great all around early item, I almost always include it unless I'm screwing around.

40 damage every second to the creeps helps him hold towers on defense, push lanes on offense and farm neutrals. Per mineral spent it is the perfect early game combo of defense and offense for a character deciding whether he wants to go support/tank/offense. It fits well into any of those builds.

If you're up against a strong AA character early game (probably will try to gank you at some point, and I love to lure them into the long lane) grabbing a barbed on top of your SHM makes you a dangerous guy to attack. If you want to go on offense then adding a pyre with SHM makes farming incredibly lucrative and helps you build up cash fast. Needless to say, I almost always drop my SHM in late game because it becomes obsolete.

One of my absolute favorite items to carry around with a support/tank LZ is a Hive Symbiosis. People seriously underestimate how much lifesteal that really gives you when you have a team backing you up. It's one of the only ways to heal when you are getting stunlocked in a team fight because your allies do the lifestealing for you. It also allows you to tank a tower with no creeps backing you up and not lose life, so long as your team has the balls to keep shooting at it while you charge in like a drunken rambo.

I pretty much never build lifesteal on melee heroes if I am not messing around because as a melee hero you will be taking focus fire much of the time and if one enemy hero has an axe, it is GG for your hero.

I pretty much never build lifesteal on melee heroes if I am not messing around because as a melee hero you will be taking focus fire much of the time and if one enemy hero has an axe, it is GG for your hero.

If u have SHC then u use it for initiation. That means u still have debuff immunity ready if needed. The only counter is silence. U don't have to afraid Axe or Shrapneal because u can always use Darwin's + debuff immunity at the same time. So in my opinion it is quite reliable item for LZ which increase his tankyness a lot.

If u have SHC then u use it for initiation. That means u still have debuff immunity ready if needed. The only counter is silence. U don't have to afraid Axe or Shrapneal because u can always use Darwin's + debuff immunity at the same time. So in my opinion it is quite reliable item for LZ which increase his tankyness a lot.

Yes, this is true however I prefer to save that ability for when I truly need it (like after I kill a hero and need to run away before his allies get me since you don't want to score a kill then find yourself mercilessly slowed by FoE/Nitrogen when you are trying to get away).

I started playing LZ recently and build it into tank to support the team. Surprisingly I have lots of kills too.

Soloing the lane is not an option but with support of stunner is gg.

Trial-n-error to this so far:

Start with

:TeaExtract::Adrenaline::HealthCapsule:

Rushing to get first:

:LifeTechNanosuit:

then depends who is on the opposite team but supporting tank build.

I like tanks if you noticed :)

I started playing LZ recently and build it into tank to support the team. Surprisingly I have lots of kills too.

Start with

Rushing to get first:

i really dont understand ur starting items..durans bucklar is just so much more worth the 2 potions imo extra health/health regen and as long as u have the lifesteal talent u should be able to sustain in lane long enough to get ur next item watever that may be and if not just got back heal and the buy the strength poition as in that would be much more ideal and lifetech nanosuit isnt really that great of a item imo u can get way better items for lz that help him o i rush the torch as the stacks of strength are just awesome and than after that go for prye and then gluttons bite as ull be able to do damage still be gettin stronger from stacks and be able to heal ur self from the ls

From pub game perspective, I do agree with owls build here. SHM is a pretty good starting item for LZ. I know most IH LZ I have seen straight up tank, starting mostly with wrap shard for the initiation (Duran buckler as starting item). However I do disagree with owl suggesting no leech for LZ. Leech on LZ is such a clutch mid-late game, thanks to his Q and haste talent (I go offensive talents for LZ 4-1-2 build)

When I am playing in pub solo, and I pick LZ, I usually get 1-2 Duran bucklers, pyre, wrap shard, then everything else is situational. If enemies have a lot of spell damage output, my 3rd item would be spell buffer; if AA, possibly Electric Mantle or FOE.

My last items will usually end up with pyre, dwarvin, SHC, spell buffer, organic cara, and (random). I prefer FOE as last item (edit: items are not in a particular order)

Start with

Rushing to get first:

Lifetech is not really good until you have a significant amount of health. It is more of a late game item than anything if you ask me. I usually don't get it these days as I just don't have the inventory for it much of the time as electric mantle these days takes the spot where lifetech used to be.

Lifetech is not really good until you have a significant amount of health. It is more of a late game item than anything if you ask me. I usually don't get it these days as I just don't have the inventory for it much of the time as electric mantle these days takes the spot where lifetech used to be.

I think he buys it to sacrifice health with ulti in hard situations, gain a good amount os shield, active the Lifetech because of the hp sacrifice (you must do it when you are below 50% or so, and when they take your shield, you will be with a lot of health again.

i really dont understand ur starting items..durans bucklar is just so much more worth the 2 potions imo extra health/health regen and as long as u have the lifesteal talent u should be able to sustain in lane long enough to get ur next item watever that may be and if not just got back heal and the buy the strength poition as in that would be much more ideal and lifetech nanosuit isnt really that great of a item imo u can get way better items for lz that help him o i rush the torch as the stacks of strength are just awesome and than after that go for prye and then gluttons bite as ull be able to do damage still be gettin stronger from stacks and be able to heal ur self from the ls

You are trying to build him dps and as I said i biuld tank and focus on not dying. To clarify I play pubs.

The start potions imo better than buckler because of Aeon fight at start. Everybody loose hp and need to retreat while i heal with potions and good to go.

For tanks I chose to have at least STR +mana/hp. For barlog for instance its a lot of QW combos early to do. I have not calculated this to compare with buckler but for me it gives more advantage early game to use potions. You get 18 STR (180 hp) +10% spell and damage resisit and this is better than 2 armor. Buckler's hp regen is low and stops you from being aggressive but with potions I can make early kills and be aggressive or heal/mana allied hero.

And you sell buckler sooner or later anyway so financially its not that big difference.

I use same start for Vorpal/Tychus: STR+AGI+1hp. For Barlog/Kerrigan I use STR+3hp+3mana as their spells are very effective at start when opponent dont have much hp. For Drake STR+1mana+4hp.

Tu sum up:

1. Advantage at aeon gank

2. You can force lane opponent to go to base to heal while you stay longer

3. Early kills!

Regarding stacking items: I might be oldschool but i never use them as I think they are broken and cheating.

I think he buys it to sacrifice health with ulti in hard situations, gain a good amount os shield, active the Lifetech because of the hp sacrifice (you must do it when you are below 50% or so, and when they take your shield, you will be with a lot of health again.

^ What he said with additional comment that nanosuit has no active but unique: If your Health drops below 35%, regenerate 30% of your Maximum Health over 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown

Forgot to mention that I buy Leeching Saber/Lost Treasure as soon as I farm minerals for it.

^ What he said with additional comment that nanosuit has no active but unique: If your Health drops below 35%, regenerate 30% of your Maximum Health over 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown

Forgot to mention that I buy Leeching Saber/Lost Treasure as soon as I farm minerals for it.

With "active the Lifetech" I mean that the Unique activates when your health drops below that percentage... :)