To everyone complaining about Boros:

Hitechgunner

Right, there's been a lot of people complaining over Boros. Simply put, he's a carry, pseudo-caster and pseudo-spell tank all at once.

This is the main reason people complain - he can take a ton of damage, with no real counters other than high AA burst, which comes in the one and only form of Nova - unless, of course, you want to be spell stormed.

I have a very simple suggestion that, nerfing one aspect, improves another to fit him to his original roll.

Remove the spell immunity - keep debuff immunity, improve Bola range and finally allow enemies to hit him in ulti, but allow it to proc ALL item effects - Explosive Retrofit and the like, and increase the speed of the attacks.

This, firstly, addresses his pseudo-tank : he will finally have many more heroes that actually stand a chance, whilst still keeping the amazing damage and debuff immunity. Zyk gets speed up and debuff - imagine if his Q alone added spell immunity and damage too!

Next, the Bola range nerf wasn't liked by a lot of people, making it much harder to grab people from far away. Keep the limit on it, so you can't do "whole map" bolas, but this allows it to be much more effective. Of course, nerf the damage on it slightly to make sure it still does around the same. With this upgrade, maybe increase Drake's Q range to keep it fair.

Finally, allowing enemies to hit him in his ultimate is invaluable - he is no longer the only invincible hero in AoS. Increasing the speed of his slashes mean it is still hard to get a hit on him, as each teleport means AA attacks lose their target (ranged), and he can dodge spells in it, but stands a chance of being hit. Additionally, allowing it to proc all item effects means that you can be much more creative with Boros' build, and still be very powerful.

This is just my thoughts on the situation, and how I'd think it would be better to have him as.

Who is complaining after all?!?!?

I think he needs a slight buff right now.

I don't know if he was nerfed or other items/heroes just outshine him by a lot now.

Besides, the amount of items that counter Boros is just high.

Crit-built Boros was really good before the removal of boots (What version was that...?) but well, he isn't now.

Just my opinion on that.

In the ideal moba tringle:

spellcasters>aa carries > tanks > spellcasters

which usually means

INT>AGI>STR>INT

with minor exceptions such as Rancor, who is an AGI spellcaster, erekul, who is an Int Tank, and Kerrigan, who is a STR aa carry.

Boros has a good chance of losing a fight against other aa, such as Shadow, who can vortex/ult, zera who can void/ult/phase away, nova, who can probably run away or oneshot him, etc, but he can still do ok against other aa carries, WHILE DESTROYING SPELLCASTERS AND TANKS. His aa and spell damage output is quite balanced, I agree. His ability to negate 65% (AND ONLY IF SPELLCASTERS BUY GRAVITY EDGE) of all the spell damage done by spellcasters for 5 seconds (with a pretty short CD, if Symphonic Seed, or Cerebro get added in, I may add) are certainly not.

NO other AA hero, except maybe Zera, or LZ, can avoid or bypass all the regular counters against standard AA heroes, with so much ease as Boros does. Shrapnel Cloak, Electric Mantle, Lockbox (him, not self), DST, even executioneer's ax are all countered by spellstorm. He deals as much DPS as any other AA hero, just slap on a Lethal Barb on him, and ~2 other crit items, and BOOM! Max attack speed, lots of crits, use the remaining 3 slots for anything else, pyre, Galactic Defender, Darwin's Might, Electric Mantle, whatever the hell you want, basically, and he'll be doing more damage than pretty much any aa hero. Ult is quite balanced, I have no idea why people boii about it (other than bugs related to blinks, etc, but those are bugs, not balance reasons, once they are fixed, he'll be fixed).

My thesis, when I complain about Boros is: either remove spellstorm spell damage immunity, so I can kill him with an Int hero, if I survive omni (because on the rare cases I do, now, I still cannot retaliate, until spell storm wears off, which is another 5 seconds, and at least 5 attacks + ss damage, or remove debuff remover, so that I can stun him/lockbox him/etc, and get out of melee range, even if it doesn't help me kill him outright.

boros is not op he is balanced border line under powered atm, he has been nerfed over and over,

the new creep mechanic makes his ult useless now, seeing there are guaranteed to always be creeps in the lane, if you run into a boros in the jungle / river thats your fault for not placing wards

his bola was nerfed to a 12? range regardless if you use a warp shard or a dial,

kids need to stop saying he is OP and simply adjust there play style and item choices to deal with him, to many kids get a tunnel vision of item choices then boii op this op that when the fail when there are counters

here's what I think bring back old bola that deals not damage but has longer range making it be what it was meant to be an ability to grab people to ult them when they are away from creep. I think the bola should be using skill and not allowing noobs to use it as a damaging skill. Another reason why it should be changed is because all his other abilities have to deal with some type of damage. Those are my thoughts :)

Firstly: I'm NOT saying Boros is OP, I've explained it multiple times. He's not as suited to his role as he could be, and so these changes would make him better, and stop a lot of people complaining.

Well then, if you disagree with these changes, I can explain why these would be better for Boros:

You can get people much further out of lanes.

Other AA heroes actually stand a slim chance of defeating him Ulti vs Ulti, apart from Nova, who I agree would kill Boros fast. I mean, right now Shade from Shadow, Tracking Spider from DARPA etc do no damage to him, and Boros can omnislash the enemy hero before they can hurt him enough in spell storm.

I haven't complained, I've simply recommended a change NOT to nerf him, it's to buff other things too so he is in his role - a AGI carry with elements of INT within him, not being immortal for five to six seconds and ignoring spell damage. He's not borderline UP by far, unless your fighting Nova.

I don't think Bola damage should be removed, simply lowered if a longer range was added.

boros is UP now. a crit boros, which people say is the most OP build for him, is a late game build. and may not even materialize.

BTW even crits have been nerfed because of boros/nova.

bola range now is 10. like seriously, who gets bolad at 10 range. my grandmother can dodge a bola from 10 range.

16 range pull before breaking? all boroses run backward after snagging an opponent just to overshoot the 16 range and find himself out of melee range from the pulled hero. backswing bolas pulling longer than 16 range? sure now that its in the open im sure its gonna get nerfed/fixed again. bye bye bolas.

spellstorm spell resist, well shadow got his vortex, zera got his planar, nova got vanish, rancor has cloak, and boros got what kind of escape mechanism?

omnislash, 8 strikes +125. well this may be strong, it is NOT infallible. you cannot use it anytime. and you cannot stick to 1 target alone if there are other targets in the area. strong when you are alone and utter BS when you got your team with you seeing that boros ulti could teleport him to the rear of the enemy side! how does this even compare to zeras bubble? or shadows ulti?

BOROS unkillable???? that is because people use spells against spellstorm which is retarded. honestly, ive seen a lot of people who got no idea how to counter boros then come to forum and say hes OP. any ranged hero can harass boros to death.

oh lets not forget, boros is MELEE! he doesnt stay from a distance and shoot from a comfortable distance.

but as always, people are still gonna cry OP to boros.

hes been one of the most nerfed heros in the last 6 months.

the longer the OP tread is whether it is even true or not, the more he gonna get nerfed. so just accept it and dont give a rats arse about it. just play!

That's what I mean, increase range on Bola.

Right, I'll compare him to Shadow then: Q for Shadow is pure damage and a small warp. Q for Boros deals much more damage with debuff and spell immunity.

Not with crits. Admitidly, it's late game, but you can simply get a few INT items earlygame and be perfectly fine till then.

And Boros can bola them...

Bola.

You say an Omnislash damage buff is a nerf? :)

I would, but I need my new gaming comp V_V, but on topic he needs both buffs and nerfs. If you want it more simply, remove spell immunity and raise Bola range.

Boros has a good chance of losing a fight against other aa, such as Shadow, who can vortex/ult, zera who can void/ult/phase away, nova, who can probably run away or oneshot him, etc, but he can still do ok against other aa carries, WHILE DESTROYING SPELLCASTERS AND TANKS.

Really? Boros against any AA is pointless right now. He has neither the energy nor the utilities to kill any decent AA player.

However i still think the fact that Spellcasters are useless while Spellstorm is active (...thats not long nowday) is not really balanced for THEM.

Which STR hero with HP > 4k would ever have problems with Boros if he buys any counter (Lockbox, Warpshard)? Killing may be hard but surviving shouldn't be an issue.

In my opinion, Boros is OP vs. Spellcasters, UP against AA, Balanced against STR.

Bola is a joke now anyway, lol...

Boros is a very strong hero and definitely in my top 5, even after the most recent nerfs. The reason people think he is underpowered now is because people know how to counter a typical Boros build with utility and defensive items and most Boros players I have seen use absolutely terrrrrrible builds, even Boros players that have a reputation for whatever reason of being "good" Boros players. In most games playing any hero I rarely have much of a problem with Boros players because they build him in such a braindead two dimensional way, but when I play him I do very, very well unless my team all rage quits in the first 10 minutes or if it is a 3v5 against a premade where they get several pullers and buy a bunch of utility items that make it really hard to win with several numbers down no matter how skilled you are.

q for shadow is a lot of damage while warping in 3 units. ive seen this used to escape lord Z, and escape chases. not to mention shadow got a vortex that speeds allies and slows enemies.

all boros got is SS, which cancells the slows, DOT's, damage amplify, for AN ESCAPE MECHANISM. he actually has to take AA damage.

if SS being used as a weapon, yes IF boros is build INT SS can do quite some damage. but if boros uses SS as a melee range AOE damage dealer, he practically just spent his escape mechanism.

now lets compare the passive skill, stepping strikes vs double strikes. no contest. i dont think i need to explain.

the Ulti, whereas shadows ulti has a timeframe in that shadow must kill boros before ulti wears off, boros cant omnislash an attacking shadow because he is unclickable unless boros has chilling and maybe DST.

so shadow>boros

boros has another escape mechanism, the most unpredictable one, the omnislash. which can be used to warp away from enemy but this is purely situational.

first there has to be a target in your escape direction which is rare, second youll have to deal with the unpredictability of the omnislash, next you need to deal with the Stuck omnislash bug which will surely get you killed.

actually that version of boros that you speak of, was actually OK. few complained about that boros. that was until they started toying with him.

bola had 100% int scaling but lower base damage.

longer range 14 or was it 16.

omni had only +100 damage.

id say revert back to that old boros, but adjust the Double strike to be same as present.

ast least that -50% weapon speed will keep lethal barb boros at bay.

Bola is a bit weak now. Its range should be buffed to something like 14 or 15 and reduce damage or totally remove damage and make bola old 18 range. But removing damage will hit int boros build hard and make it useless.

The old double strike concept was nice (im speaking of the double strike when it was actually double strike) but the present is balanced. Maybe it should be kept as it is now but change the name?! It looks stupid when you see double strike, read the description and understand that it is just crit chance!

In most games playing any hero I rarely have much of a problem with Boros players because they build him in such a braindead two dimensional way,...

two dimensional?

Many players think it is sufficient to go for Max Damage with The highest Crit chance available lol. Before the Boros Nerfs that wasn't the worst idea, but it is now. Maybe I'm just not meeting any Boros Players that have adapted to the new items/nerfs.

Agree on Bolas :)

Really? Boros against any AA is pointless right now. He has neither the energy nor the utilities to kill any decent AA player.

However i still think the fact that Spellcasters are useless while Spellstorm is active (...thats not long nowday) is not really balanced for THEM.

Which STR hero with HP > 4k would ever have problems with Boros if he buys any counter (Lockbox, Warpshard)? Killing may be hard but surviving shouldn't be an issue.

In my opinion, Boros is OP vs. Spellcasters, UP against AA, Balanced against STR.

Bola is a joke now anyway, lol...

Am I being trolled here? You pretty much agreed to what I just said, while making it sound like you disagreed with me....... I'm going to repeat this in bold:

Boros will probably lose to most AA heroes, provided same skill level, although he will still do significant damage, and might even kill them once in a while, if he catches them with cooldowns, or in a bad position

As for tanks, who said you have to omni them? I'don't even claim omni is op..... anyways, spellstorm, lethal barb, pyre, shadowmourne, khali blade is enough to take out Micro, Balrog, Tychus, Bio, Erekul, LZ, Starscream, etc, if they are going to try and fight you. That's to be expected, anyway, not a sign of imbalance. Boros damage is perfectly balanced, fine and dandy. The fact that casters are so weak against him is what makes me call OP.

Hm, I'd just like to see Boros

Have both of the following

1) Longer Bola Range (It is on the point that lance is much better) [i don't really care much about his bola dealing damage.]

2) Make OmniSlash more random. Aka. Boros can not hit the same target after hitting the target once UNLESS there is no other viable targets in range. This just addresses to the random issue where Boros can final you in spawn and 70% of the slashes will hit you. (Fixed towards PUB boros, but doesn't really change IH situations for boros) As the counters towards Omni-slash, half the time they are ineffective. (As if you teleport, sometimes boros will still hit you regardless of how far you are [a glitch], and also Lockbox is only effective if allies are near, since if you lockbox yourself, there is a glitch that makes boro lose slashes much slow during your lockbox, making lockbox only dodge 2 slashes instead of 5 - 6

Overall, that would be a buff since your. :)

Boros will probably lose to most AA heroes, provided same skill level, although he will still do significant damage, and might even kill them once in a while, if he catches them with cooldowns, or in a bad position

If they are ranged, fair enough. Except if bola'd.

Melee? Spell Storm. Unless your Omnislash is on cooldown, you'll probably win.