Intel Based new item

heimdallr

The idea of this thread is to post ideas for the developing team to make a new intelligence item that has intel + defensive stats.

WHY? Because str and agi items by themselves give a damage boost in the form of the characters main stat AND a defensive one in the form of life or armor respectively. This in addition of other stats of the items.

Intel items give intel(which gives more weapon and spell damage to the intel character). Besides that some intel items give either a small boost of life(nitro and the cooldown one) and some utility unique, or a spell damage unique(argus, gravity), or some burst or aa kind of thing(sunflare, cerebro, the other one with - enemy weapon speed).

I think this leaves a hole for some dedicated intel character item with defensive boosts. Don`t tell me parallax, cause it can be used by any character for the spell resist and equal stats for everyone. I mean, an endgame intel item that gives armor for example. Or that has some defensive unique passive. Some kind of item that is "reserved" for the intel casters and not an intel item that helps more rancor and boros than an intel character. You know what I mean. Ideas may go here

Cannot come with biased or balanced ideas myself. I was thinking some kind of item that gives 50 intel + something along the lines of jackson`s passive(gets shields as a percentage of spell damage you do)...or an item with a unique that gives you permanent life regeneration based on your intelligence(and some formula to tone it down), but the item itself doesn`t give any stat at all so by getting it any character completely loses 1 slot item of damage, in exchange of the unique BUT this unique would obviously benefit more an intel character.

Post your ideas!!!

they should make intel give spell resist. its about 7 agility for 1 armor 3% physical, well make 15 intel give 3% spell resist working just like armor. but since intel uses stay way more intel then agility users thats hwy i said 15 intel and not 7

That would be increadibly OP, because lots of times INT heroes have lots of INT, and AGI heroes can easily get 50% physical damage resist. Following your suggestion, most INT heores would have 15% base resist, and 25%-30% extra spell resist. That would make INT heroes impossible to kill by spells if they have any significant amount of HP

they should make intel give spell resist. its about 7 agility for 1 armor 3% physical, well make 15 intel give 3% spell resist working just like armor. but since intel uses stay way more intel then agility users thats hwy i said 15 intel and not 7

I don't really like that idea. Note: That Physical damage is constant damage, While Spell damage is rarely constant damage and is more towards just burst and have CDs.

Note: with 15 give 3% spell resist --> spells would be vertually useless vs anyone with decent IN. (as you will have roughly 70% Spell resist +Spell Resist items +20% Natural Resist).

[if int gave spell resist, gravity edge would be the best INT item in the entire game by far, it would be like the PYRE of AAs]

Note: Each stat grants TWO things.

STR: HP and HP regen

AGI: Weapon Speed and Armor

INT: Energy Regen, and Energy

INT is actually most powerful by the fact that majority of abilities (70%?) Scale with INT instead of STR or AGI or Weapons.

I would like to see more INT tanky items.

As Nitrogen and Symbiotic seed[which is stretching it] are ok items.

Agi//AA items became much more flexable as many items work for them

-Shinobi Style

-Sliptide Scythe

-Galactic Defender

-Agressor Guise

-Darwins Might

-Explosive Retrofit (To a degree)

(And AA heroes can easily buy an FoE for HP, get +20 attack and the unique is really good for them)

P.S. May we post item suggestions for INT tanky Items? Or should we just start a new topic for said item.

first off that was an idea the amount could be changed. and how can u call that op when u have for example heros with over 50 armor which by armor alone is about 78% reduces physical damage. and then AA heros also get leech as well as alot of items that give weapon damage and spell resist. kinda makes it even. a spell caster in no way can AA down an agility AA hero. this would make it so that an AA hero can in no way spell cast down a caster.

first off that was an idea the amount could be changed. and how can u call that op when u have for example heros with over 50 armor which by armor alone is about 78% reduces physical damage. and then AA heros also get leech as well as alot of items that give weapon damage and spell resist. kinda makes it even. a spell caster in no way can AA down an agility AA hero. this would make it so that an AA hero can in no way spell cast down a caster.

INT will have to massive scale better.

Note: A hero with 400 Weapon damage per 0.5 seconds. That makes 800 damage per second.

An INT Ability that deals 400[+100%int] will usually deal about 900 (or with a massive amount of buffs) 1400 Spell Damage. If the cooldown is 10 seconds (which only cyprus has such a high scaling int ability and damage with low CD. There really isnt any other ability with such high damage//int). Anyways, the average damage will then be 140 Spell Damage Per second. With 79% Physical Resist it is dealing about 168 Damage per second. This breaks about even. If this new implication was added, I would then suggest making Abilities do about +500% More damage which would majorly mess up everything and Spell Resist items would receieve a major nerf from this too as INT would be such much better to get. Note: This doesn't include PYRE , Crit, Leech, and others.

And honestly, majority of Spell damage scales with weapon damage. If anything, AA heroes will be better, as all their damage is Physical damage, and they roughly have 180 INT at the end, which will give them 20% more spell resist or so.

Yeah, what you're all also failing to remember is how ridiculous, intelligence tank heroes would be if int added spell resist. Imagine a Balrog, that could just stack health and intelligence, making him have ridiculous health, damage, and now extra spell resist too? Pyre wouldn't counter tanks anymore with the amount of dmage that could be negated via spell resist items + new int spell resist

Yeah, what you're all also failing to remember is how ridiculous, intelligence tank heroes would be if int added spell resist. Imagine a Balrog, that could just stack health and intelligence, making him have ridiculous health, damage, and now extra spell resist too? Pyre wouldn't counter tanks anymore with the amount of dmage that could be negated via spell resist items + new int spell resist

Erekul would be the biggest problem ever. As AA is raped by him, and casters way to counter him (but then not anymore with that).

Puting an item with some resistance could be ok. But only 1-2 since getting a full int char with high defenses would be a real pain.

my thoughts....exactly 1 or 2 items that give int and some sort of defensive thing that is not life.

Shimponic Seed, Ihan Crystal and Nitrogen Retrofit are good options for int+hp

Maybe I was not clear on the intro to the thread. Not intel + life. We already have those as you say. But intel and damage reduction , or armor, or spell resist...a dedicated intel defensive item or 2 to add to the life + intel items we already have, to make a tanky intel character more viable late game for those cases in which all intel nukes become obsolete

or this...making underused lattegame items a component of a better endgame version

Impact Dial is useful even in 3 hours games long. Imact Dial is GoD!!!!

Yeah, what you're all also failing to remember is how ridiculous, intelligence tank heroes would be if int added spell resist. Imagine a Balrog, that could just stack health and intelligence, making him have ridiculous health, damage, and now extra spell resist too? Pyre wouldn't counter tanks anymore with the amount of dmage that could be negated via spell resist items + new int spell resist.

Pyre counter tanks by two ways.

It counters enemies with lot of HP.

Pyre can be mitigated by spell resist.

But stacking spell resist means you have less armor items ( Except Korhal Vanguard or Shrapnel Cl) so all other weapon damage items will be more effective that they could be ( If you stacks more armor)

Pyre is not only good cause their stats or passive but because it forces enemy to split all kind of defenses not fulling anyone.

Anyway I gree Int shouldn't give SpellRes.

I'd like to see items similar to Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's Hourglass from LoL in that they provide resistances and not just hp (we don't need imports, though). When carries do 400 physical damage per hit casters are forced to build tank items and sacrifice their damage while Carries can build defense and damage at the same time (hello galactic defender?). HP means nothing when your nitrofit's bonus hp is barely worth one carry's autoattack.

INT tanks like Erekul could use some items that give damage and help them tank naturally since tasing erekul makes him die right away...

The only issue I foresee is that Vorpal could become OP again, and Vergil will become the end of all anti-carries due to having natural armor and new access to armor items.

I'd like to see items similar to Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's Hourglass from LoL in that they provide resistances and not just hp (we don't need imports, though). When carries do 400 physical damage per hit casters are forced to build tank items and sacrifice their damage while Carries can build defense and damage at the same time (hello galactic defender?). HP means nothing when your nitrofit's bonus hp is barely worth one carry's autoattack.

INT tanks like Erekul could use some items that give damage and help them tank naturally since tasing erekul makes him die right away...

The only issue I foresee is that Vorpal could become OP again, and Vergil will become the end of all anti-carries due to having natural armor and new access to armor items.

this

Erekul would be the biggest problem ever. As AA is raped by him, and casters way to counter him (but then not anymore with that).

I never find erekul a problem, all I do is pick up executioner's axe and taser and erekul becomes worthless :|

I would like to see a more variety of choices on INT chars.

As most INT heroes have a standard build that all go:

- Argus

- Yamato

- Ihan

- Nitrogen

- Gravity Edge

- Star Fury

- Cerebro (Or Sunflare Gun).

It you don't really go that following build, you don't deal enough damage and you die instantly as he kills you and leech restores his hp in 3 seconds.

It is rather annoying. Other day, Zeratul had 500 AA damage, 280 AGI (a lot), and 5000 HP and max attack speed. He also could of substituted Time Splitter for Galatic Defender (altho risking max attack speed).

Anyways one issue is that:

AGI and STR have more variety:

AGI can go for:

-STR (Slightly stretching, but STR items provide good items for AGI like FoE and Darwins Might.)

-Weap

-Spell Resist

-AGI

-Attack Speed

-Health

-Leech

-Timescale (not CDR)

(8)

STR can go for:

STR

Weap

Spell Resist

Attack Speed

Health

Armor

Hp Regen (Slightly Stretching)

(7)

INT should go for:

- Energy (Which is a stretch as you don't even need energy late game

- Energy Regen (Again Stretching it as it comes naturally)

- INT

-Timescale

- Cooldown Reduction

(5)

(Note: Barely any INT item gives you CDR except Yamato Reactor and Symbiotic Seed is stretching is, and as CDR isn't as powerful as before since it doesn't even stack.)

You could go for other things, but as INT doesn't even mix with others, you can't really afford to.

INT items primarily only give... INT...

STR and AGI items have a much more free mix where you can get both HP Leech and Attack, or Attack, Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and Leech.

Not to mention that a lot of INT items provide just +damage and no really special effect while more prime STR and AGI items can (Like shadowmourne, bandit artifice, and Sliptide Syche.)

Primarily only Mixture items for INT:

Sunflare Gun

Yamato Reactor

I can't really think of more. Ihan would be stretching it and is a bad late game item as you should sell it.

Overall, a INT char is just not really flexable.

ya...maybe if int would even give something other than spell damage....like str= life and agi = armor...ihan I don`t really call it a "stretching" cause its still worth it since you can keep the stacks when you sell it later, thus providing a low but permanent "almost nitro" wannabe bonus. THough yeah, it`s still basically int and int and int and some hp. Maybe even an item that makes you cast spells faster? based on dunno whatever man, but faster cast speen. Like a way to burn that extra infinite energy you always get at end. It could be like a casterish way of faster attack speed, only without attack but faster casting spells. Would be desirable on spells that take long to cast like banelings or raynors ultimate. Or something that makes spells debuff the enemies damaged like nitro but for example with weapon speed debuff for 2-3 seconds, dunno.

There are some items :D Hope this is what you kinda wanted.

(Item for high energy casters and want to stop AA spell support abilities like Spell storm and vortex and ect.)

EMP Pulser

Recipe Cost: 300

Total Cost: 5000

Required Items: MossbergTaser.pngShrapnelCloak.png

+ 30 Intelligence

+ 22% Spell Resistance

+ 7 Armor

+ 600 Energy

[Active] Sacrifice 30% your Current Energy, causing enemies in a 10-unit Radius to be silence equal to 1 Second +(Every 500 Energy Consumed). In addition, targets will lose Energy equal to 50% you lost. Cooldown 60 (Shares with Shrapnel)

An Item that is more ideal towards more Caster tanks as it will drain enemy energy to prevent their support abilities, or force them to buy more energy items.

(And Item use for emergancy)

Magical Armor

Recipe Cost: 610

Total Cost: 4600

Required Items: TwinParadoxIsolator.pngImpactDial.pngMirrorPlating.png

+ 50 Intelligence

+ 6 Armor

+ 15% Cooldown Reduction

+ 12% Spell Resistance

[Active] Gain +80% Timescale for 1.5 seconds. Cooldown: 25 seconds This item Buff will be removed if you use Paradox OR Yamato Reactor at the same time. (While it may not seem like impact dial, it gives a massive amount of Speed for a short duration and some high Timescale for short duration.

Note: Gives some Armor and Spell resistance, not entirely alot, but still enough with some decent INT and it's active helps you escape, or get that small burst of timescale you need

(A healing item for INT since AGI can easily heal with leech)

Scrap Yard Generator

Recipe Cost: 850

Total Cost: 3900

Required Items: SpaceBattery.pngIhanCrystal.png

+ 65 Intelligence

+ 300 Hp

+ 300 Energy

+ 3 Energy Regen

+8 Weapon Damage

[unique] 30% of Energy Used will restored as Hp over 10 seconds. (Stacks of energy use)

Note: Good for Tankys and units that require energy. Also since AGI heroes can heal so easily unlike a lot of INT heroes, this provides a way to heal without involving Spell Leech. (I have an item with same name with diff effects but this one is more towards INT than Tanks) Now there is also a reason to keep Ihan Crystal long (Altho you will have to get the stacks on ihan if you want full benefit, so getting this item, requires you to wait). Executioner axe can counter :)

(An Item that helps protect you so you won't be AS defenceless when your abilities are on CD from both when it is near complete and just after casting)

Mage's Jewel

Recipe: 460

Total Cost: 4100

Required Items: SymphonicSeedMini.pngNeosteelVestments.pngMirrorPlating.png

+ 60 Intelligence

+300 Hp

+10% Cooldown Reduction

[Active] Reduce All cooldowns on your Hero by 3. Cooldown: 60 seconds.

[unique] Every Time you cast an ability, you gain +20% Spell Resistance and +8 Armor for 3 seconds.

Note: While you don't gain the +% Resistances in standard stats, you gain them if you cast an ability. This gives you some flexibility, and gives closer ranged casters a time to recover immediately when they use their ability as they are nearly defenceless during that time. During middle of Cooldown, the Active helps reduce your CDs in times of emergancies. You may say - - -> OP OP It auto-reduces Cooldown, but it does it less than Cerebro and has a long CD and only by 3 seconds which a Paradox Active basicly does over 8 seconds (or Yamato).

If you want mr heimdallr, I can remove these items from the post and move them to a different topic. I only added because i saw the following:

The idea of this thread is to post ideas for the developing team to make a new intelligence item that has intel + defensive stats.

Post your ideas!!!

@Itsthatguy: I like your suggestions but dont mix items with actives/uniques that are lost when you upgrade it. I recommend you to use other components.

Meh. I didn't realised that items don't lose their uniques, as in older versions a few do. (Like Nullifer and Spell Buffer) Altho there are 4 items still that change:

Starfury gives INT instead of Weapon damage (SImilar to how my shrapnel cloak like item silences instead of disables weapon)

Also all the money items uniques: they give u 5 minerals per 10 seconds but that is loss ):

I like the idea of an item that gives casters a way to match partially the agi and str heroes ability to heal late game....also maybe even more the idea of an item that can use a % of your energy and do something based on the amount lost...hope others give more ideas and hopefully the devs teams take this into consideration

Ocelot's Revolver doesn't give Weapon Damage. It scales out of Weapon Damage, and Star's Fury scales out of it.

It doesn't lose anything, and most of the time an INT hero has more INT that Weapon Damage so it's better for them.

But it ain't better for AGI heroes or STR heroes. And I worded it wrong. I know how it scales, but I think i just explained it wrong (was kinda more focused on item, than was on wording comment).

Thus Starfury worst than Ocelot (unique wise) depending which hero you are :P