Coward's Flight (item)

Doom

Coward's Flight

Recipe Cost: 900 | Total Cost: 4200

Components:

:HyperionIncinerator::StormPauldrons: :StormPauldrons:

+ 50 Damage

+ 40 Intelligence

[Active] "For 8 seconds, your hero doesn't need to stop moving to attack. 30 second cooldown."

Commentary on item

-This item allows heroes without effective chasing mechanisms to keep chasing their target, while attacking, thus if they are at the same speed, or faster, they will be able to keep up the chase without losing DPS.

-Long cooldown, so doesn't put heroes with it up to par with natural chasers like Toxi, Shadow, Voltron, etc. Must be selective on where and when to use

-Has defensive use as well, as you can run away while still attacking your opponent

-expensive considering stats it gives

- CONSIDERING adding a damage amplify while active to prevent heroes like Nova abusing this item TOO much

I like it a lot. It's like Pulse Hammer, but if you had both items you could run away while slowing them! It's a good chase item, but gives utility in being able to run.

Personally I'd like to see it give attributes more for an Intelligence hero [the people who would do better with this sort of item in the game] but that's just me.

I think agi heros can get enought move speed, slows and weapon speed to add an item that allow them to attack while moving >_<

the suggestion is original but i think we should give agi heros even more advantages

oh wait, imagine that item on ironhide, he could just follow you auto attacking during the whole duration xD

If the active was like that, that would mean that you auto-attack regardless if you ordered to attack a target.

On how the game mechanics would work (i believe) it would work like how a SCII Diamond back attacks.

To abusive then for ranged heroes. Especially since if you are running away from someone, you still auto-attack even if your running away.

Changed bonus from 40 agi to 40 int, since I agree, most agility heroes don't even need an item like this, while certain Int heroes could certainly use item well (M.S. build Jakk comes to mind).

@Itsthatguy: or phoenix. And that's the exact idea and purpose of this item. 8 seconds is not that much, considering how long it's cooldown is. It's like trying to avoid HoM, really.

Changed bonus from 40 agi to 40 int, since I agree, most agility heroes don't even need an item like this, while certain Int heroes could certainly use item well (M.S. build Jakk comes to mind).

@Itsthatguy: or phoenix. And that's the exact idea and purpose of this item. 8 seconds is not that much, considering how long it's cooldown is. It's like trying to avoid HoM, really.

Seems like quite a good item that adds a bit of utility to hybrid int/aa heros.

So being that the phoenix already has this, it should be able to be put in the game quite easily if the devs wanted to.

This is actually more than just clicking a box afaik.

Ekco might be able to do a workaround by modifying the catalogs using triggers, but it's NOT as simple as just checking a box as far as I know.

You'd have to duplicate every weapon in the game and have this behavior switch them, OR you could make weapons unable to shoot if a specific buff ("Moving") is active on the host hero, and disregard this stipulation if this item is active.

Yes, lets make an item that makes every ranged hero in the game even stronger....this cant possibly be abused by ranged dps heros at all

Like the concept but I really dont see it working out well for the game, plus most casters dont do that much DPS so it really doesnt make sense for them to want to go all diamondback and run and attack at the same time. You can already use stop micro to kite with ranged heros and escape (if you have FOE etc for slow), so this really only benefits offensively anyway

That aside we totally need a diamondback hero...we dont have one of those yet....and I think we know the perfect passive ;)

It's an active item. Think of it as an HoM minus the stop/a click/etc micro. FoE is like the only answer for a hero with no chasing abilities (ex: kerrigan). I just wanted to add alternatives for such heroes, incorporate a cool concept, and make speed-centred builds more viable.