Thoughts on Arcbound Ravager

Doom

I'm wondering, is there any point to this item now? In the past, it used to be the item with the largest movement speed, as well as benefiting both crit and weapon speed builds. Right now, there are so many better items to max out or get really high crit chance, and with Lethal Barb's help, almost every hero going for a crit build will have max attack speed.

Lethal Barb, Khali Blade, Shadowmourne already gives you 60% crit chance, any other crit item (cerebro, second khali blade are betterwill get you to about 80% which is statistically a crit 4 out of every 5 attacks. Even with the first 3 items, you have 3 out of 5 attacks criting.

You might say, well, yeah, if you go heavy crit build, Arcbound is less good, but if you only get 1 or 2 crit items, then it's way better, yeah? The question is, though, why in the hell would you have 2 crit items in a build, you either go for broke with 3-4 or don't get any. Also, the uniques on every other crit item make them sooo much better that the ~15% extra crit chance is not going to be worth it. Lethal Barb = superb weapon speed, khali blade = basically double crit damage, shadowmourne = problem solver, Cerebro = pretty much double use of a spell with short c.d., so on.

Even in movement speed, Masume, Shadowmourne, Phantom Menace, SIlver Soul, Sliptyde Scythe, HoM, Shinobi Style, Agressor's Guide, Gravity Edge, and Spell buffer are all either almost as good, or miles better.

So is there anyone that thinks Arcbound is still viable, and if so, why?

No, Shadowmurne is better in every way. It gives the sames stats in a slightly level (weapon speed, movement speed and crit chance), but it has one of the best Uniques of the game. So why you want 10% more move speed 35% more crit chance and weapon speed when u can win +6% move speed, 20% crit chance and weapon speed but being able to create a shadow of your enemy that proc items? Yes Shadowmourne is more expensive but it's like a better version of Arcbound.

Sorry I can't add a more constructive post because all you said its true, the last new items are just better than Arcbound, it would be nice some kind of rework on the item, didnt it? =/

Yah I tend to agree. You can find attack speed, movement speed, and crit rates elsewhere (and now that crits have been nerfed to sane levels this item is even more debatable). If you get rid of Lethal Barbed, then this item has some use again in builds but at the moment there really is no good reason to get this item relative to others.

Really, I think this item just needs to be changed completely because it is pretty redundant right now. Maybe have it keep its stats but give it a unique such as making it an item that is like electric mantle except it procs on receiving spell damage and instead of stunning the target it screws with their cooldowns like Viron's old phage ability did. This would have the added benefit of making blinkaholic cooldown builds on heroes like Cyprus counterable in a passive way rather than being forced to buy tasers on the whole team.

Yah I tend to agree. You can find attack speed, movement speed, and crit rates elsewhere (and now that crits have been nerfed to sane levels this item is even more debatable). If you get rid of Lethal Barbed, then this item has some use again in builds but at the moment there really is no good reason to get this item relative to others.

Really, I think this item just needs to be changed completely because it is pretty redundant right now. Maybe have it keep its stats but give it a unique such as making it an item that is like electric mantle except it procs on receiving spell damage and instead of stunning the target it screws with their cooldowns like Viron's old phage ability did. This would have the added benefit of making blinkaholic cooldown builds on heroes like Cyprus counterable in a passive way rather than being forced to buy tasers on the whole team.

Adding a unique to Arcbound seems like a good idea, and the proposed unique is also perhaps not a bad one, but I just doubt that it suits this item, seeing as a unique like that belongs on a tank item, probably in the spell resist category, not on a crit item that gives no defensive bonuses whatsoever. I would imagine that the best unique for this item would have some "on crit" effect, or perhaps something that allows juking, etc?

The problem is that this item is designed basically in the same way that the Phantom Dancer does - allowing an adc to kite the enemy team. The problem is that in AoS kiting is basically impossible because of the massive number of blinks/debuff immunities/pulls/items that gives those capabilities. In LoL, for example, there are something like three abilities that give debuff immunity and are pretty short. There's also qss/mercurial which removes debuffs, but it doesn't continue to give immunity afterwards.

Well, I use Arcbound on Balrog for my crit build. 2x Arcbound, Lethal Barb, FOE and (situational items). I would sometimes switch one Arcbound for a Shadowmourne to deal with hero using unique item passive. It help me run away or catch up to my prey.

Yah except those two slots with arcbound don't scale your weapon damage at all. Yah Balrog crits on his passive, but you are probably better off with cerebro, 2x khali blade, a lethal barbed, and a shadowmourne (which gives movement speed as well) which gets you to 100% crit (last item I would assume would be darwins or carapace).

Well, I use Arcbound on Balrog for my crit build. 2x Arcbound, Lethal Barb, FOE and (situational items). I would sometimes switch one Arcbound for a Shadowmourne to deal with hero using unique item passive. It help me run away or catch up to my prey.

Yah except those two slots with arcbound don't scale your weapon damage at all. Yah Balrog crits on his passive, but you are probably better off with cerebro, 2x khali blade, a lethal barbed, and a shadowmourne (which gives movement speed as well) which gets you to 100% crit (last item I would assume would be darwins or carapace).

GL with this build against any hero with Pyre...

Yah Balrog crits on his passive, but you are probably better off with cerebro, 2x khali blade, a lethal barbed, and a shadowmourne (which gives movement speed as well) which gets you to 100% crit (last item I would assume would be darwins or carapace).

This is why people think you are bad (and they aren't lying).

Balrog should be built as a tank NOT a pure DPS. Considering his passive its fine to build with alot of hp and still get nice damage. The build you've posted is borderline trolling.

Balrog should be built as a tank NOT a pure DPS. Considering his passive its fine to build with alot of hp and still get nice damage. The build you've posted is borderline trolling.

No need to bm, he didnt say you should build balrog crit he said that if you were going to that those would be the items you would probably want to buy.

GL with this build against any hero with Pyre...

WTF guys I don't even build Balrog with crit, rather I was saying if you are gonna build him for crit, arcbound ravager is the wrong way to go. You guys have reading comprehension problems or something?

WTF guys I don't even build Balrog with crit, rather I was saying if you are gonna build him for crit, arcbound ravager is the wrong way to go. You guys have reading comprehension problems or something?

If you know somethings wrong, don't suggest it at all. It just makes forum lurkers think its a good idea.

If you know somethings wrong, don't suggest it at all. It just makes forum lurkers think its a good idea.

Huh? Sometimes people try stuff out for fun or just experiment and then draw their own conclusions. And there are times when a crit balrog makes sense in games where you need a DPS hero more than a tank hero and that is one way to build him.

And besides, you are just flaming for the sake of flaming as you have done in other posts and offering no productive discussion whatsoever and then backtrack saying "if you know somethings wrong, don't suggest it at all" as if you are even relevant to this discussion as you are merely one of those guys who trolls forums and criticizes everyone else without ever offering up any original thoughts of your own (keyword is original). Just stay out of this discussion please. I have no idea who you are, but don't care to know you and don't care to waste my time with you if I can help it. I have no idea if you are good or bad, nor do I care. I just know you are irrelevant.

Really the only problem I see with ravager is that Lethal Barb is just plain better.

Skydie, you can build Balrog with crits and HP. You'll be less tanky than tanks but really, if you're not being focused then you just need to be tanky in teamfights. If you build two crit items, you'll still be tanky but you'll also have nice damage due to your passive critting as well. Ravager + lethal barb gives tons of attack speed, 55% crit chance, some armor from AGI, and movespeed. With 5k hp and some STR items you'll have the equivalent of 500 weapon damage over time with the added bonus of having two chances to crit and proc your lethal barb.

The problem is that this item is designed basically in the same way that the Phantom Dancer does - allowing an adc to kite the enemy team. The problem is that in AoS kiting is basically impossible because of the massive number of blinks/debuff immunities/pulls/items that gives those capabilities. In LoL, for example, there are something like three abilities that give debuff immunity and are pretty short. There's also qss/mercurial which removes debuffs, but it doesn't continue to give immunity afterwards.

To be fair, LoL has tenacity and recently now has items that reduce the effectiveness of slows (new boots of swiftness).

That, and AoS generally lags a ton so kiting is harder.

I don't really understand why so many people think Lethal Barb is so good item. It isn't cheap and it gives weapon speed bonus u doesn't really need when game is between mid and late stages. I mean - u get Pyre, someone get CoA and u already very close to attack speed cap on AGI hero - what is the point of that waste? Arcbound in other hand can be great addition to increase criticals chance a lot and it gives a lot of mobility. Of course Shadowmourne is much better because of overpowered unique. I used to bought Arcbound on some heroes like Balrog, to increase their damage output late game a lot. Now there is no point as there are better items to choice to reach attack speed cap (Valors and Sliptide), but even then I never though about getting Lethal Barb.

Said the guy who bought Pyre first item in ih to get better farming and tank after that lolololo

The should make Arcbound Give :D

+12% Movement Speed

+35% Crit

+35% Attack Speed

[Active] Gain +35% Movement Speed for 2 seconds. (Cooldown 60 secons)

Then up price like 100 or 200 minerals. :P

(IDK, but i really <3 Movement Speed).

Since it gives absolutely no Attack Damage, and it is supose to be an attack item, i suppose they can give it

an additional +5% Crit Damage.

Altho i prefer movement speed over the crit damage. :)