Veteran Mode Already?

lOvOl

47 members have voted

1. 1. Bring Back Veteran Mode?

• Yes
    • No

I am reallllly getting tired of premades these days. Just had a game against a prominent inhauser and some of his crew (he claims they were not premade even though I have seen some of his team play together before and they were protoss as well), and the only reason they won is that they had more players. We had one rage quitter (this guy quits almost every game but that is besides the point) and then another guy who fed and left. In spite of that, we were rolling the other team and took down two base towers. Unfortunately, they eventually won due to brute force from turtling their butts off. I think I ended the game with 15k in the bank playing Rory which is another issue that should be addressed in that you should be able to do something with extra income, especially in these situations.

But the main point here is that veteran mode should be put back in the game or else at the very least someone such as myself is going to have to put up a "PREMADE PUBSTOMPER WALL OF SHAME" for every time I find a crew of 4 or 5 players in a public game. I mean, I hear the mumblers out there are looking for people to play so why don't premade crews go play against them?

Nevertheless, just bring back veteran mode in the next patch. I have no idea why it was removed because the game was about 1000% better when veteran mode was around. It took a little longer to fill a lobby, but you rarely ran into ragers, noobs, and pubstomping premade scrub crews ruining games which can be frustrating considering the giant time investment in a typical game these days. I don't mind losing, but I hate losing because of players who feed and leave, or just rage and leave in the late game, or against premade crews all on voice chat which is obviously an unfair advantage against a disorganized team of random players only communicating by text.

I wonder if you changed Veteran Mode to ---> Tournament Mode (Or In House mode) which means bans and rules be applied if people to lazy to find a team or are lacking people. Although I'm not sure if it would matter =/. I don't play IH except for the rare occasion I'm invited to one for some reason. (Although they are quite more fun than pub games where it is more one sided. Since your team is actually good, support items are so much better, since your allies will actually be able to kill the enemy and the loss of 1 high tier item is extremely worth it than compared to pub games).

Btw you shud have:

Bring Back Veteran Mode Vote:

Yes:

No:

In between:

I'm inbetween because it would be nice to play some really good games, but the problem of some new person coming in because he doesn't pay attention, is drunk, or makes starting a game harder since is splits up lobby (in two).

It is reason like this, i usually always have some sort of carry build just incase allies fail :D [i'm more flexible in IH games even if out of all my games I've played only 1% are IH]

While veteran mode didn't help with pubstompers or noobs in regular mode, people who where willing to wait for veteran mode got a far better experience. It routed out many of the newbies/feeders and lead to a much higher level of competition between hard-core players and casuals I personally support bringing back veteran mode. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

Veteran mode and beginner mode did nothing except have 2 lobbies open at the same time. You would still get noobs and ragequitters in veteran mode and decent players would still play in beginner mode to get easy kills and what not. Having 2 lobbies open only made games longer to get started. Nothing else.

@Muto

Any far better experience in veterans mode was completely random. Many of the games I played in veterans mode there were still scrubs feeding, dying and ragequitting. And considering it is still a pub match there wasn't that much "high level competition".

Not at all I've been pubbing since v3 and the only thing veteran mode did was take longer to get games started.

Maybe I was lucky, but I played vet a lot since it started and I usually got pretty good games 9 out of 10 times.

I am reallllly getting tired of premades these days. Just had a game against a prominent inhauser and some of his crew (he claims they were not premade even though I have seen some of his team play together before and they were protoss as well), and the only reason they won is that they had more players. We had one rage quitter (this guy quits almost every game but that is besides the point) and then another guy who fed and left. In spite of that, we were rolling the other team and took down two base towers. Unfortunately, they eventually won due to brute force from turtling their butts off. I think I ended the game with 15k in the bank playing Rory which is another issue that should be addressed in that you should be able to do something with extra income, especially in these situations.

But the main point here is that veteran mode should be put back in the game or else at the very least someone such as myself is going to have to put up a "PREMADE PUBSTOMPER WALL OF SHAME" for every time I find a crew of 4 or 5 players in a public game. I mean, I hear the mumblers out there are looking for people to play so why don't premade crews go play against them?

Nevertheless, just bring back veteran mode in the next patch. I have no idea why it was removed because the game was about 1000% better when veteran mode was around. It took a little longer to fill a lobby, but you rarely ran into ragers, noobs, and pubstomping premade scrub crews ruining games which can be frustrating considering the giant time investment in a typical game these days. I don't mind losing, but I hate losing because of players who feed and leave, or just rage and leave in the late game, or against premade crews all on voice chat which is obviously an unfair advantage against a disorganized team of random players only communicating by text.

With HOS will come a match making system for customs, and will make the general pub games more enjoyable, untill then just wait,

and btw premades are by no way cheating, i didnt read your post but i have seen you say before that people in premades are cheaters and should be banned or some shap

just as ridiculous as pyre on drake

Let's not forget why Veteran Mode was removed in the first place...

Longer waiting times, new players just wanting to be 'veterans' and trolls. Although the idea is good on paper it doesn't work out in reality.

It would be good if Veteran mode was reimplemented only players with > 50 games played could enter it? I don't think this is do-able just from the customs menu but there could be a kind of system where anyone can join but only those with > 50 games can play and the rest spec?

Longer waiting times, new players just wanting to be 'veterans' and trolls. Although the idea is good on paper it doesn't work out in reality.

It would be good if Veteran mode was reimplemented only players with > 50 games played could enter it? I don't think this is do-able just from the customs menu but there could be a kind of system where anyone can join but only those with > 50 games can play and the rest spec?

I never had that experience. I remember in the many games I played over those weeks there were maybe a handful of ragers/noobs that joined games and most of the other players I recognized and were quite experienced. This sounds like an example of IH players who don't even pub giving advice to the devs about an experience they are totally ignorant about because veteran mode more or less solved the noob/rager problem for the most part.

That's actually a pretty good idea, but as you said, it may not be able to be implemented. Also I would put the game limit a bit higher, maybe 75 or something.

You could make it so that players with a certain rating could play it.

That would eliminate RQers (as they lose rating for leaving) and ppl with super low rating from 5000 deaths and feeding. And also new players would have to earn their right, to play veteran by getting up there in rating.

Maybe at around 2500 Rating.

You may think this is a lot but I've played games that required A lot more (like you require 10000 rating and you get average 35 rating per game ect. ect.)

People standardly start with 1250 rating i think. Sooo :D

I never had that experience. I remember in the many games I played over those weeks there were maybe a handful of ragers/noobs that joined games and most of the other players I recognized and were quite experienced. This sounds like an example of IH players who don't even pub giving advice to the devs about an experience they are totally ignorant about because veteran mode more or less solved the noob/rager problem for the most part.

We do pub. I started playing pubs again solely so you could making stupid, ignorant claims like this one. Back when there was a vet mode, it took longer to get into either game, meaning an overall less enjoyable experience. Moreover, your shapty claims about people pubstomping don't mean anything because there is nothing inherently wrong with playing with a group of friends. In addition, it's not always possible to play against a team of people. If you don't want people pubstomping, get a group together yourself and give people a challenge.

Oh, and you know we play pubs because we've seen you in lobbies often enough that you should know we do play pubs - you just ragequit from the lobbies even when it's obviously not a "pubstomp."

can u stop wasting our time? really? we have other things to be doing then reading and responding to this.

Then simply skip this thread and don't come back nor pay any kind of atention to it. For someone who rages so much and most of the times ends up blaming other people for his defeat, you have way too much ego.

Back to topic: At first veteran mode was annoying, because most people didint realize there was an option to switch from veteran to beginner, but that was just temporary confusion. After people realized that, the games started more often but the real important stuff is that games were actually more enjoyable, because some players actually prefered to play beginer and the people who played veteran was actually willing to listen and try to learn. Veteran mode was a good solution to avoid retards and extreme noobs.

Now, i ask you, what problem does it cause to you that there exists a veteran mode? If you don't like it, don't play it, it's not like its gonna hurt anyone for even existing.

the problem was that it tanked the popularity from rank 4 to rank 8 in two days. we assume that is due to the longer wait times for lobbies (possibly due to bugs). this has been explained several times

and please, don't pretend to know anything about inhouse lol. though u are welcome to continue challenging mumble with your teams, or to come join