Zeratul

Qlx

Why are you so blind?

If a game is 5v5 you have a chance of 1/5 to die.

And no, Mantle & Barbed is not a solution. Bubble is the best escape skill, aswell as the best attacking skill. Anyway, once Zeratul has noticed he can not kill you because of Mantle/&Barbed, he can just kill some one else next time.

There are simple solutions to this:

A) Remove Zeratul, no one will miss him.

B) Make the bubble Slow-only

C) Decrease the size to 1/100

D) Make the bubble Bonus-only

E) Make the bubble Stun-only

F) flob it. Just nerf him.

I think we must accept that Zeratul is not anywhere near a balanced hero. It's a flobing joke that you can wipe out a 6k HP Mandrake without him having any chance whatsoever to react.

flob THIS. REALLY.

Can you not understand that, if you want your game to increase in popularity, you have to balance it so that Pubbers can play, not Mumble-freaks. You want new players? No one will ever visite the website, or even play a "mumble-style" game if he gets ridiculously owned and notices how unbalanced this game really is after a few games.

I see the Mumblers coming up with how easy it is to beat a Zeratul in a 5v5 game with Teamspeak.

Priorities should be...

not Mumble > Pub,

nor Mumble < Pub, but

Mumble = Pub.

If it requieres a lot of minerals and a lot of coordination to kill ONE hero, no that is not fair. Accept it or not, from now on i'm playing Zeratul only.

Better be the OP one, right?

zera´s bubble is just to long atm.

But if there is a zera class cannon. Pick a int hero and just 1 shot him all game long so he can´t feed.

If you play Dustin, cyprus or rancor and you let him bubble a teammate then you can just instant kill him.

Or be a team player get a Lockbox,impact dial or if in range schrapnle cloack and watch him waste his ulti.

I know if he bubbles you your flobed but its a teamgame. If pubs are to retarded to breath there isn´t much you can do, however the same goes for fighting fed shadow,ss,tychus,darpa,alpha,bio.

Brine Pull, Micro Throw, Drake Lance, Drake Epilogue, Cain Freeze, Vorpal Surge, Vorpal Lance, Shadow Vortex, Darpa Silence, Rancor Snipe, Tassadar Swap, Grunty Rocket, Tosh Stuns, Rory Rebounder, Unix Fungal, Raynor Silence, Garamond Missiles, Jackson Link, Jackson Ulti, and Null Stun.

Electric Mantle, Barbed Plating, Shrapnel Cloak, Lockbox, Taser.

All of these things can prevent Chronosphere or disable Zeratul during its duration.

This is not an example of balancing for in-houses rather than pubs, this is an example of balancing for a team game. LoL, DotA 2, AoS, these are all team games and balancing for a team game makes sense.

Even ignoring team work, there are still many ways to deal with Zeratul. Armor and spell resistance will help you a lot, especially taking the defensive +8 armor talent (seriously underestimated by pub players).

G) play rancor

H) play vorpal

I) play drake

I saw u playing and you are honestly bad, idk how you can come here with all that bille agaist devs and mumblers when u have 0 idea of this game

Stop play squishy noob agi aa heros and learn about positioning.

Ah and buy impact dial to prevent your mates feeding

PS: i love that "mumble freaks" i see your fathers did a bad job with you in your chilghood

Wrath, simply no. no. no.

You can not use anything in the bubble. Thanks for your nice "tips". i know i can ruin Zeratuls life from outside, but thats not the point. We're talking about the inside. Any more ideas?

OBVIOUSLY you cannot use anything in the bubble, though Electric Mantle and Barbed still work. You have to rely on allies to disable Zeratul for you during his ulti, and do the same for them. Stop whining and try these solutions.

Agree on that, maybe i just got 99% retarded allies. Is it really a solution to rely on allies? I think not.

G) play rancor

H) play vorpal

I) play drake

I saw u playing and you are honestly bad, idk how you can come here with all that bille agaist devs and mumblers when u have 0 idea of this game

Tell me what G/H/I changes?

I am bad? We've never played. I'm pretty sure.

If you have retard allies, you deserve to lose. Period. My condolences, I'm sorry for your loss, etc. but how do you expect to win a team game, if your team is dreadful? You seem to think in order to be OP, you just have to be able to kill any hero in a 1v1. That's not the case. There are plenty of counters, both in the form of heroes, and in items, if you are prepared to deviate slightly from your planned/standard build. With four people feeding them, someone can end up so far ahead that it doesn't even matter what skill set they have, as they can just aa your entire team to death.

I agree about ult cooldowns though. It has to be WAY longer, so that noob zeratuls that waste it are punished. But that's about it.

I agree about ult cooldowns though. It has to be WAY longer, so that noob zeratuls that waste it are punished. But that's about it.

Well if nothing else his cd on that bubble is way to short, Im tired of watching zeratul utl me, then ult my teamate while im still dead and then ult me again as soon as i spawn.... he can drop his cd to 35 seconds with one item

Would be nice, yes.

Agree on that, maybe i just got 99% retarded allies. Is it really a solution to rely on allies? I think not.

Tell me what G/H/I changes?

I am bad? We've never played. I'm pretty sure.

No you aren't I saw you a couple of times, I can remember that Qlx name. I can remember asking you: you are Qlx from forums and you saying: Yes. So I think you don't remember well.

Ok:

G) Rancor: you need positioning, you need be cloaked and you just wait Zeratul to ulti, and he will die. End.

H) Vorpal: he is one of the best tanks and ofc a nightmare for any AA hero. You have a plenty amount of items that make Vorpal even stronger. His natural spell resist and reflect are from the start a good thing. This, combined with E.Mantle and Barbed plating even with Darwins Might (on Zeratul) can ruin his gameplay. Tested, and confirmed.

I) Drake: another amazing tank, with high natural spell resist. He gains 20 hp per kill/assist, and he CAN tank Zeratul's ulti, I did it a lot of times vs decent Zeratuls.

The key, like everything is about don't feed the carry, feed your carry position properly, buy the properly items and dont have the typical pub scrub mind.

Im almost a only pub player, and I know how to deal with Zeratuls, if my team is stupid is harder, ofc.

Brine Pull, Micro Throw, Drake Lance, Drake Epilogue, Cain Freeze, Vorpal Surge, Vorpal Lance, Shadow Vortex, Darpa Silence, Rancor Snipe, Tassadar Swap, Grunty Rocket, Tosh Stuns, Rory Rebounder, Unix Fungal, Raynor Silence, Garamond Missiles, Jackson Link, Jackson Ulti, and Null Stun.

Electric Mantle, Barbed Plating, Shrapnel Cloak, Lockbox, Taser.

All of these things can prevent Chronosphere or disable Zeratul during its duration.

This is not an example of balancing for in-houses rather than pubs, this is an example of balancing for a team game. LoL, DotA 2, AoS, these are all team games and balancing for a team game makes sense.

Even ignoring team work, there are still many ways to deal with Zeratul. Armor and spell resistance will help you a lot, especially taking the defensive +8 armor talent (seriously underestimated by pub players).

CC is not a good argument as CC counters everything, especially when it's CC that's not affected by debuff immunity. CC counters every squishy hero just because those heroes are squishy. CC counters drake too, that doesn't mean you should spend your CC on drake when you have to deal with a nova, shadow, boros, and zeratul as well.

"If you stun him he's no problem!" can be used as an argument against null and pretty much any hero that is/was OP (crackling maybe, I don't find him OP but he's autobanned). That doesn't mean they weren't grossly overpowerered.

Zeratul is extremely anti-fun because his ult basically makes you useless for 6 seconds while he gets to murder everyone. It's the very definition of anti-fun, I don't know how you could say otherwise. He also has 4 escapes (if you count phase strike juking an escape). Tell me why casters get zero escapes and yet carries that get all manner of spell resist and hp items also happen to be the ones who get better CC and escapes?

Early game he's not a problem, the issue is that late-game his ult is good enough that he can comeback at level 14 while everyone else is 18 after the other team stomps his team. He is too good at defending towers because planar+chrono under a tower will kill almost anyone, has zero cast time, and is uncounterable except by having tassadar or drake pull you out of it. This means he can basically turtle all game until he reaches the point where 6 seconds of crits and pyre will kill everyone.

Having good duelists is not a bad thing, and Zeratul's kit does scream duelist (he deals both physical and spell damage, can disable, etc) but the problem is that his disable is too long and that makes him frustrating to play against, since it's not even that difficult to use. Jackson was considered OP because he could chainstun/silence a team for 4 seconds, but a good zeratul can do the same thing in the same radius for longer with minimal effort. Long disables are never fun to deal with, and Zeratul's disable isn't even that special since all you do during it is attack.

OBVIOUSLY you cannot use anything in the bubble, though Electric Mantle and Barbed still work. You have to rely on allies to disable Zeratul for you during his ulti, and do the same for them. Stop whining and try these solutions.

There is no whining. Qlx brought up a valid point. You are in no position to dismiss this thread as whining when we can have a serious discussion on what makes a game fun.

@fruitninja

I would suggest that you stun the drake before anyone else unless you want your whole team to take 500+ damage and be stunned.

This has turned into a balance debate. Fun does not mean balanced. It's not fun for your whole team to be ulted by mandrake, but does that mean he's OP? No.

You realize most casters do have escape abilities right? Rancor, Null, Vergil, Queen, Egon, Cow, Jakks etc.. while not all of them are the best escape abilities they have them. And casters tend to sit in the back behind everyone else. They have crazy range over carrys and tanks. Honestly no caster should have as much escape as a carry simply because you wouldn't be able to kill casters unless they were out of position.

Carry's having CC spells are part of the reason they can carry. Zeratul needs his enemies to be stunned or slowed so he can kill them. He needs skills like planar and phase strike to catch his enemies.

If you are lvl 18 and cant stand a couple tower shots then you obviously have built glass cannon and need to rethink you build. Unless its the artifact attacking you. The planar chrono to tower is effective early game and somewhat mid game, but most of the time you will planar creeps with your enemy and if you don't then he is just out of position.

And I found this pretty laughable. His ult doesn't have any counters, but a drake or tassadar pulling you out? Have you read wraths post?

"Brine Pull, Micro Throw, Drake Lance, Drake Epilogue, Cain Freeze, Vorpal Surge, Vorpal Lance, Shadow Vortex, Darpa Silence, Rancor Snipe, Tassadar Swap, Grunty Rocket, Tosh Stuns, Rory Rebounder, Unix Fungal, Raynor Silence, Garamond Missiles, Jackson Link, Jackson Ulti, and Null Stun.

Electric Mantle, Barbed Plating, Shrapnel Cloak, Lockbox, Taser." There you go.

Zeratul's bubble takes a ton more skill to use than Jackson's ult. The bubble is huge and that means you are very likely to bubble your allies as well as enemies which is a problem. All jackson had to do was warpshard in press R and E and win team fights. Zeratuls bubble can be a hazard to allies and enemies alike. And if Zeratuls disable isn't that special then what is the problem?

Actually, you can survive his bubble with an electric mantle, a chilling artifact and a lot of hp, although FruitNinja is right and being able to survive (not even to counter) his ult doesnt make him less op. I think that maybe a less long bubble and a longer CD would make it less OP.

Exactly, I don't get why he was buffed. He is underplayed but is already a very strong hero with massive utility. Why buff him in close proximity to a major patch that adds all sorts of tanky-DPS items that help carries a ton?

I would suggest that you stun the drake before anyone else unless you want your whole team to take 500+ damage and be stunned.

Tasing a drake is okay, but why waste a stun? His DPS comes from his martyr, not his autoattacks.

If you stun drake you will get killed by nova.

The solution to a drake is to not clump together so that his tiny AoE doesn't hit everyone. He won't usually use it then unless he gets near your carry, which he shouldn't be able to do anyway if you have good peelers on your team (tass' slow, for example). SHC is a problem, though.

This has turned into a balance debate. Fun does not mean balanced. It's not fun for your whole team to be ulted by mandrake, but does that mean he's OP? No.

Drake is somewhat fun to fight because you can mess around with him. Drakes will sometimes rush alone into the middle of your team to ult. So you tase him then and he gets killed. It's also fun to time Tass swaps to make him ult somewhere away from your team.

The difference is that drake has a channel time which gives you time to do something. His Q is also one of the most predictable skillshots in the game and is perfectly dodgeable, so if you get caught you know it's your fault.

A Null/Drake combo, though, for example is pretty silly though because dodging Magic Missile is hard. Null is a low-risk high-reward hero. That's anti-fun.

The thing with drake is that there is interesting counterplay to his abilities. His movements tend to be predictable and he's not ridiculously mobile because there aren't many movespeed items for tanks.

Copping out and saying that a balanced game isn't necessarily fun is a red herring. So what, are you saying there should be anti-fun mechanics in a game? Why play then? That's absurd.

You realize most casters do have escape abilities right? Rancor, Null, Vergil, Queen, Egon, Cow, Jakks etc.. while not all of them are the best escape abilities they have them. And casters tend to sit in the back behind everyone else. They have crazy range over carrys and tanks. Honestly no caster should have as much escape as a carry simply because you wouldn't be able to kill casters unless they were out of position.

Rancor-Late-game everyone has elixir.

Null-Null is not a good example of balance is he?

Vergil-This is true.

Queen-Ultra stun can count but it's better used on the enemy team. That's like using Jackson's ult to stun a balrog. Tumors get destroyed all the time by truesight.

Egon-You don't usually focus egon in teamfights. I thought people generally built him as a tank?

Cow-Situational.

Jakk-Umm...

I see you've missed cyprus, too.

Anyway compare these heroes to all the carries and then we can talk. Derpa has a silence, a slow, and a spammable jump. Nova has a pseudo-root and a massive movespeed boost (better than rancor's). Zeratul has a cloak, targeted blink, swap, and 6 second disable. Shadow has a blink, vortex (which can dodge skillshots and ults as well), and his ult, which is not countered by truesight. Tosh can stun you repeatedly (you count Jakk as having an escape so what the hell, Tosh's is better.) and ult away, and so on. Even boros has spell immunity, debuff immunity, and intargetability, although he is actually underpowered.

Carry's having CC spells are part of the reason they can carry. Zeratul needs his enemies to be stunned or slowed so he can kill them. He needs skills like planar and phase strike to catch his enemies.

Except that these skills make it take pretty much zero effort to catch up to anyone, and combined with the large amount of movespeed available, it is impossible to run from a zeratul who doesn't miss his planars.

If you are lvl 18 and cant stand a couple tower shots then you obviously have built glass cannon and need to rethink you build. Unless its the artifact attacking you. The planar chrono to tower is effective early game and somewhat mid game, but most of the time you will planar creeps with your enemy and if you don't then he is just out of position.

5 seconds under a tower with the enemy ranged heroes firing on you hurts bro.

And I found this pretty laughable. His ult doesn't have any counters, but a drake or tassadar pulling you out? Have you read wraths post?

"CC beats it, therefore it's not overpowered."

You should do your bit of reading too instead of regurgitating stupid arguments.

Zeratul's bubble takes a ton more skill to use than Jackson's ult.

So anti-fun is not an argument, but "it takes more skill" is? Then why does zeratul need all his gap closers and escapes to make his life easy?

The bubble is huge and that means you are very likely to bubble your allies as well as enemies which is a problem.

But isn't the traditional defense of zeratul's ult that you can spread out to not get affected?

All jackson had to do was warpshard in press R and E and win team fights. Zeratuls bubble can be a hazard to allies and enemies alike. And if Zeratuls disable isn't that special then what is the problem?

But if CC counters zeratul, it counters jackson even harder since debuff immunity works on all of Jackson's abilities except his ult, which has to channel for one second.

Jackson can't just do that, he has to make sure he won't get tased right away.

Poor jackson is seriously outclassed here.

Zeratul can cast chronosphere while in the air (I think, at least, I played him before he got buffed and didn't like his playstyle. He was bearable back then when he didn't get loads of movespeed and true damage on crits.) and can't be targeted until he lands.

My $.02 on this topic.

-Zera is an assasin hero, a hero that will beat any other hero 1v1 similarly to a boros or shadow. That is what his hero does well, its like complaining that a drake can tank or that queen can push towers.

-Zera is a Squishy hero even if you dont build him so. Without the ability to cc other heros he would die in every single team fight. As it is for a zera to have a successful ulti he has to trap the following hero's in the ulti:

1) The enemy tems ranged aa carry(s)

2) The enemy Teams Burst caster(s)

3) The enemy teams suppor or tank that has a shrapnel.

If any of these heros are left out of the bubble zera either Dies or is unable to do anything useful for the duration of his ulti.

-zera is also very weak early game and doest farm all that well, take advatage of him while it is easy and then later you dont have to worry about him.

Honestly I love how you knitpicked my post into what you wanted to see and reply to.

1. Stunning drake at the right time will interrupt his AOE stun, which can save your entire team. Use a stun on a single target dps or an aoe stun hero? decisions....

2. Not once did I say a balanced game isn't fun because it is fun. However you stated that Zeratuls bubble should be changed because it is "anti fun". I simply replied that just because it isn't fun to get bubbled does not mean it isn't balanced. (That isn't word for word, but it is what was meant) Also, everygame has anti fun concepts in it. I don't think it is fun to have half of my hp taken away by 1 nidalee spear, but that doesn't mean it should be changed.

3. Where does balance have anything to do with escape abilities? You said casters don't have escape abilities and I gave a majority of the casters as examples because they have escape mechanics. You can say that everyone has elixir late game, but that does not make Rancors cloak a non escape ability. Balance and counters are irrelevant here. You stated a general question and I answered. Don't counter argue with things that have nothing to do with it. And yes I did miss Cyprus, but you saying i missed a caster with an escape ability strengthens my point. Also carrys are heroes that are in the most danger every team fight they are in the thick of every fight, while casters sit in the back all safe and free to rape face. It only makes sense to have the carrys have better escape than casters. You want me to compare casters to carrys? That makes no sense. They fulfill different roles and of course are not going to be the same. Learn this and then we can talk. :)

4. So you are saying that its not hard to catch up to someone with the large amount of movespeed available and certain spells? Then it shouldn't be hard to run from someone either ya know do to the large amount of movespeed available and certain spells :D

5. Yes that would hurt quite a bit, but you seemed to have ignored the part where I said if that happens then they were out of position.... bro

6. Wrath gave you 25 counters to Zeratuls ultimate and there are plenty more. Almost every hero has a way to counter zeratuls bubble. Just missing one an enemy hero in your bubble can easily get you countered. So you would be right in most cases that just because CC beats it doesnt mean its balanced, but in this situation it does. Zeratul is so vulnerable to CC in his ult its ridiculous. Hell a nova can just walk up to a zeratul in his bubble and AA him to death while he's killing nova's ally. What is the Zeratul gonna do? Run. Wasted ult for zeratul and possibly death. I have read this entire thread. Wrath is correct, you are not. The only stupidity in the arguement was you saying that the 25 counters to zeratuls bubble is not sufficient. Zeratul bubbles. Gets CC'd in bubble. Bubble goes away and Zeratul did nothing beneficial and cannot engage now. Yeah sounds like any form of CC just countered him.

7. Saying something is anti fun is not an excuse to change something that is balanced. When something is strong but takes a lot of skill to use then it should stay like that. Jacksons combo is a lot more effective and easier to pull off than Zeratul's bubble yet Zeratul's bubble is harder to use. That is a problem.

8. The same can go for the enemy team. Spread out and not get effected. Then Zeratul bubbles one person and gets obliterated before he can touch the person in the bubble.

9. What does CC effective a hero more than another have to do with anything? So taser counters Jackson like it does every hero what is your point? And no Zeratul can't cast his ult in mid phase strike.

G) Rancor: you need positioning, you need be cloaked and you just wait Zeratul to ulti, and he will die. End.

Truesight costs 600Minerals, boundary 130. If a team is unable to kill a Rancor it deserves to die. Same for Zeratul.

Im almost a only pub player, and I know how to deal with Zeratuls, if my team is stupid is harder, ofc.

not harder, impossible.

Let's stop our personal discussion now please, focus on Zeratul.

Ok brine typically does not have the range to snag zera from his ulti, only if prelate messed up can he do so.

Micro cant throw inside his ulti allies or himself and without a cast time on any of his skills, prelate can q r instantly as he lands from his q

Drake lance, effective

drake epilogue not effective you cant hit him with it

cain freeze effective ish if not caught inside the ulti, gives prelate plenty of time to move out of the way and dodge

vorpal highly effective

shadow affective,

darpa silence innefective projectile takes too long to reach prelate easily casts bubble

rory rebounder innefective, one 1/2 a second stun inside a 6 second ulti

grunty rocket partially affective, 1 second stun inside a 6 second ulti

Tassadar swap effective if one target is caught ie prelate again screwed up pulls out target with clone

raynor snipe innefective cast time skill shot vs instant non skill shot

unix fungal, innefective, doesnt silence and doesnt stop prelate from qing to target inside ulti

garamond rockets, effective

jackson link innefective range to short to affect ulti

jacksons ult, innefective cast time vs instant stun, or aoe disable with larger range

null stun semi affective affective 1.2 second stun during 6 second ulti

electice mantle, again a 1 second stun during 6 seconds

Shrapnel affective 3 second aa disable basically negates ulti

lockbox effective

tazer, assuming he doesnt q into you... could be effective

Barbed, without the ability to remove his leech innefective.

Ok so of 22 listed counters, 9 straight up dont work unless the prelates screwing up, and every single one of them count on the hero with the item or skill, to not be caught inside the ulti if youve got half a brain as prelate you target one of 2 people with your ultie, preferably both, the person who can flob it up, or their squishies

In any team fight, your teams heros are roughly spread within a 5-10 range aoe depending ont he heros in question, his ulti covers 60% of that zone assuming your really spread out for a team fight. So just with that hes basically guaranteed to catch 3 enemy heros in that zone, his team then has the choice of annihilating the remaining two, probably the tank and off tank at the front of the fight, or ignoring those 2 and wiping three that are trapped.

Every listed strategy for dealing with prelate requires you to outnumber him in the fight by about 3 people just to deal with him. Even when boros was retardedly broken it was possible to deal with him with fewer than a 3v1

Ok then theres the argument that zeratuls melee so he needs some way to stick to his opponents, with one move speed talent and no move speed items, zeratul has nearly a 4 move speed making him one of the top 4 innately fast heros he also has 2 skills for closing the gap not counting his ulti.

Ok so hes the ultimate assassin, I get that thats fine, but then we look at a team fight scenario and what do you know hes pretty badass there too. then top it off with the longest and strongest disable in the game, second largest ulti AOE (kerrigans is larger) and he can cast it every 45 seconds if he buys a yamato

Ok so of 22 listed counters, 9 straight up dont work unless the prelates screwing up, and every single one of them count on the hero with the item or skill, to not be caught inside the ulti if youve got half a brain as prelate you target one of 2 people with your ultie, preferably both, the person who can flob it up, or their squishies

-One thing that wasnt listed as a counter is every single ranged aa carry or caster that can strait up kill zera if not caught in the ulti

In any team fight, your teams heros are roughly spread within a 5-10 range aoe depending ont he heros in question, his ulti covers 60% of that zone assuming your really spread out for a team fight. So just with that hes basically guaranteed to catch 3 enemy heros in that zone, his team then has the choice of annihilating the remaining two, probably the tank and off tank at the front of the fight, or ignoring those 2 and wiping three that are trapped.

-Zera ulti is a great initation tool, and one of the best counters to it is to initiate on the other team meaning that he either can ulti because he is dead or he does ulti and ends up traping just as many of his team as yours. but even if you get initiated on you usually have 2-3 people outside the ulti that can kill zera and engage the other team.

Every listed strategy for dealing with prelate requires you to outnumber him in the fight by about 3 people just to deal with him. Even when boros was retardedly broken it was possible to deal with him with fewer than a 3v1

-You dont have to outnumber him, it is assumed in these counter situations that it is just more than a 1v1, it could be 2v2 3v2 3v4 3v3 4v4 5v5. the counter isnt outnumbering him its useing teamwork, to beat him you have to outplay him as a team which should be how you beat anyone, play better than them.

Ok then theres the argument that zeratuls melee so he needs some way to stick to his opponents, with one move speed talent and no move speed items, zeratul has nearly a 4 move speed making him one of the top 4 innately fast heros he also has 2 skills for closing the gap not counting his ulti.

-His ulti preforms the same role as a shaodow ulti or boros ulti, deal dmg to your oppenent without them benig able to do anything back.

Ok so hes the ultimate assassin, I get that thats fine, but then we look at a team fight scenario and what do you know hes pretty badass there too. then top it off with the longest and strongest disable in the game, second largest ulti AOE (kerrigans is larger) and he can cast it every 45 seconds if he buys a yamato

-unlike other disables zera's ulti afffects his allies as well