Zeran Sha'dak [HoTS Non-Competition Hero]

Hitechgunner

Zeran.Sha'dak

CHANGELOG

• Made hero
  • Updated Skill names
  • Limit on Bushins
  • Starting items
  • Finished items - ideas anyone for more? Say in the comments!
  • Started work on him for the competition - changed model, changed his E, item build going to be started soon - old one still there, though.
  • Done item build
  • Added new item icons

INTRODUCTION

Zeran Sha'dak

"When they finally feel the cut, it will be too late for them."

Kha'ful is an elite Tempest. Rather than using his Tempest for long-range attacks, he has joined the Dark Templar after he felt their prejudice and exile were unfair, keeping only a small amount of his old abilities, and now fuels his Tempest with the power of the Void, turning the wings into blades and the unstable energy within into a portal to the Void itself.

Strength - 23 + 4 Strength Gained Per Level

Agility - 35 + 7 Agility Gained Per Level (Main Attribute)

Intelligence - 33 + 6 Intelligence Gain Per Level

Learns Perfect Cut, Bushin Warp, Void Shard and Void Mark

Attack range of 1

Movement speed of 3.05

HERO INFORMATION

Affiliation: Neutral-Good

Role: Physical Burst / AA carry

Theme: Stealthing in and out, slashing the enemy with delayed damage so they do not realize they've been attacked until it is too late...

Tempest

Zeran.Sha'dak

Portrait: Tempest

Voice: Dark Zealot

Attack Animation: Launches a blur of his blades, which swipe the enemy infront of him

Base Hitpoints: 175

Base Mana: 250

Starting Damage (AFTER main attribute calculation): 65

Starting Armor: 3.2

Base Weapon Speed: 1.85

HERO ABILITIES

D-2.jpg

Heroic Passive: Shadow Smokebombs

Zeran generates a Shadow Smokebomb every five seconds. Each smokebomb hides any units inside of it, and prevents units inside seeing other units in or outside. Maximum of 1 + (lvl/6) charges. 3 unit radius.

Zeran can create and store balls of pure shadows. These shadows wrap around those who enter them, covering them and hiding them with the power of the void. Zeran uses these in battle, throwing the shadows at those who oppose him to stop them seeing, or to hide allies from hostile forces.

These essentually act like smokebombs. This uses the hotkey E to activate.

triple_strike.jpg

[Q]: Perfect Cut

(Skill Shot, Charges, Delayed Damage, Line AoE)

Zeran slashes the enemy perfectly, slicing them so that they don't even know they've been hit until three seconds later. Three charges. Slashes directly infront of him, moving three units forwards.

Level 1 - [60% Weapon Damage] + [15% AGI] Physical damage, 9.5 seconds cooldown.

Level 2 - [60% Weapon Damage] + [20% AGI] Physical damage, 8 seconds cooldown.

Level 3 - [60% Weapon Damage] + [25% AGI] Physical damage, 6.5 seconds cooldown.

Level 4 - [60% Weapon Damage] + [30% AGI] Physical damage, 5 seconds cooldown.

Zeran has immense speed and pinpoint aiming, slashing so fast and so accurately that the enemy will not even feel the cut for a few seconds.

In Depth Skill Explanation:

"Perfect Cut" is definetly the complete focus of Zeran. Delaying the damage is an incredibly valuable asset. It may hinder instant burst - but, using this, you can get 180% weapon damage and 90% AGI damage before scampering off with seemingly no one ever there.

Duration is 3 seconds

Casting Range is 3 Units

Casting Time is 0 seconds

Cooldown: 9.5/8/6.5/5

Mana Cost: 50/75/100/125

Possible Uses:

Cover an area in smoke, use this in it before W away and watching the enemies take lots of damage.

Put a smoke bomb on top and underneath an enemy, warp between the two three times and W to the other one to attack from both sides.

Pick off an enemy in a teamfight by throwing a smokebomb, R enemy, Double-Q enemy before using the last to get away, then activate Death Mark, finally using W to warp to them and killing them, also flanking the enemy.

When Playing:

• You can use this to quickly travel around the map.
  • Remember - the damage is delayed, but you can still combine this with AA against other carries. Fight against them, then warp away as the delayed damage strikes them down!
  • This is incredibly reliant on either smokebombs or cloak. If you spam this after warping to them, you won't be able to escape if you're not careful.
  • If you are low on health, you can use this to escape in a massive variety of ways.
  • This ability hits in splash, in a thin line. Enemies bunched up? Great!

When Playing Against:

• Get a parallax. It applies a debuff before hurting you. Parallax can stop this.
  • If he is using this from a smokebomb, use a splash attack to really hurt him bad.
  • Keep track of the charges of this ability - if he fires them all at once now is the time to strike!
  • If you are on low health, check your debuffs. If you have this on you, you're going to die - do as much damage as you can before this happens.
  • ZERAN CAN'T BURST WITH THIS. Unlike many AA carries, you can kill him before his Q deals its damage! Unfortunately, the damage it does is greater than some other abilities, so if he hits you, focus him down with everything you have

G-4.jpg

[W]: Bushin Warp

(Skillshot, Clone, Warp)

Zeran warps after a second channel, leaving a Bushin at his location. Bushin's have 20% of Zeran's weapon damage and health, but it shows up as full. Each bushin lasts 5 seconds.

Level 1 - 5 unit range, 30 seconds cooldown.

Level 2 - 6 unit range, 20 seconds cooldown.

Level 3 - 7 unit range, 10 second cooldown.

Level 4 - 8 unit range, 5 seconds cooldown.

Zeran can use the void to create a weaker image of himself where he is. A useful side effect of this is that the void generates energy, creating smoke as it opens, and dragging him through as it closes.

A great utility spell to have, Bushin Warp lets you increase your AA damage, confuse the enemy, and get out of nasty situations.

Duration is 5 seconds

Casting Range is 5/6/7/8

Casting Time is 1 second

Cooldown: 30/20/10/5 seconds

Mana Cost: 80/100/120/140

Possible Uses:

Smokebomb yourself and the enemy, Q them then leave with W, leaving no trace of the actual hero and making them believe they have escaped as they run from the clone.

Double - Smokebomb and jump into one before W on the other one to create two of yourself, attacking from two directions.

Get your clone to attack an enemy to confuse the tower, while you use Q on them, taking no damage.

Q once on another enemy, chase the hero you want to deal damage to first, AA them for a few seconds before W warping to the other enemy and double-Q them, hitting both.

When Playing:

• W can be very handy for additional AA damage. Use it when fighting other carries!
  • HIDE when using this, or they will know of you is the clone and which is you.
  • Basic escape tool, but with a little present left behind. You can use this in your team to protect them!

When Playing Against:

• You can tell which is the clone by seeing which has smoke around it if he does not use smokebombs.
  • The Bushin is easy to kill and does less damage. Focus the real Zeran first.
  • The Bushin ALSO procs E, so try to dodge it if you can.

Implosion.jpg

[E] Void Shard

(Passive, Warp Enhancer)

Zeran's attacks leave a trace of the void on a foe. Any enemy hit by Zeran's Q will have a Void Shard placed upon them for the time period of the Q's debuff - you can see them like the blip on a radar tower. Additionally, a clone's or your attacks will create this effect for one seconds each attack - non stackable. Each clone lasts for 5 seconds.

Level 1 - Allows Zeran to see enemies in the shadow by the glimmer.

Level 2 - Allows anyone to see enemies in the shadow by the glimmer.

Level 3 - Allows Zeran to immediatly warp to the enemy effected by this, for up to 10 units - uses hotkey [V]

Level 4 - When warping to an effected enemy, the shard explodes, dealing no damage but stunning the enemy for 0.2 seconds, making them immune to damage in this time - but not debuffs. It also immediately blows up any current charges of his Q at 125% power.

Zeran is coated so thickly in the void itself his attacks leave a lasting trace of it upon his enemies, shining brightly, allowing Zeran and his allies to see where his enemies are in the thickest shadow - like his smokebombs. Zeran can also focus the energies of the Void he leaves behind, allowing him to create a portal upon command to his enemy, destroying the Void Shard in the process. The release of energy is enough to jolt the opponent.

An addon to his W, allowing him to really become beastly. When no one else can see, Zeran can, and will destroy enemies through his Qs through smokebombs and cloaks, seeing their every move for a few seconds, and allowing him to warp to them. What is more deadly is if this is combined with Death Mark, allowing him a whole 10 seconds to see and warp to his enemy.

Duration is passive

Casting Range is whatever he can hit the enemy with

Casting Time is none - passive

Cooldown: Passive

Mana Cost: Passive

Possible Uses:

Extending the warp of W

W away from the enemy, get the clone to attack them as you quickly stab away at an enemy, then warp back to the other hero.

R the enemy before Q on them three times, and as they run away, warp and burst the death mark before slashing away at them.

When Playing:

• This is an amazing passive - if used right. Use it wrong, and you can warp into a tower or an enemy team - you only see the glimmer, not what's around it!
  • The stun can save your life. Melee once, W right on them to stay in the same spot but spawn your clone, with a stun.
  • R extends the length of this. If you hit someone with Death Mark, they won't escape.

When Playing Against:

• Look for the glimmer. If you have it, run into your tower or team. He can't tell unless he hit lots of you.
  • Fire AoE at your feet as soon as he teleports to wreck his low health.
  • Warp Shard is very useful. Warp at the same time as him to dodge the stun.

btn-ability-protoss-blink-color.jpg

[R] Ultimate Ability: Void Warp

Zeran uses the void to create an energy orb, which contains the damage that he does from his attacks but amplifying them as they go through. When released, it all bursts out violently, dealing tons of damage to that who it hits and exploding, dealing less damage to enemies around the target. Lasts for 10 seconds at all levels.

Level 1 - Death Mark increases all damage done to target by Zeran by 30%, and at the end deals the weapon damage to the target, and deals the additional damage to the target and enemies around in a three unit radius.

Level 2 - Death Mark increases all damage done to target by Zeran by 40%, and at the end deals the weapon damage to the target, and deals the additional damage to the target and enemies around in a three unit radius.

Level 3 - Death Mark increases all damage done to target by Zeran by 50%, and at the end deals the weapon damage to the target, and deals the additional damage to the target and enemies around in a three unit radius.

Zeran has mastery of the void, allowing him to create portals in portals, and further portals in that. By repeating the process over and over, Zeran can make his damage slip into this alternate reality, making the force grow and grow faster and faster, until it de-stabilises and explodes violently, bursting with void energy to the enemy and those around it.

A deadly ability in the hands of Zeran, delaying his damage and increasing it even more. It's a lot more visible than his other moves, but a lot more deadly. As said earlier, the more bunched up the enemies are, the more they risk being hurt - but, it can easily still devastate a single enemy.

Duration 10 seconds

Casting Range is 8 Units

Casting Time is 1 Second

Cooldown: 80/60/40

Mana Cost: 150/250/350

Possible Uses:

Most are explained above.

R lengthens Q, therefore lengthining the time of E

R and W combined together can be a deadly combo, his clone now dealing 30% of damage instead of 20%.

When Playing:

• Use this against enemies in the middle of groups if you are farmed enough, to wreck a group's health.
  • With its decent cooldown time, you can use this for ganking reasonably often.
  • Try to get as many enemies as you can with this, for it does a lot of damage.

When Playing Against:

• If you see this on you, do not let Zeran hit you or risk being damaged immensly.
  • If you see an ally with this, fend off Zeran but if you can't, range Zeran, and stay away from your ally or risk being blown up by the additional damage.

Items Build/Synergy

The following table contains a brief guide containing information on how this character would be built in a competitive AoS scenario. Remember this is merely a suggestion and not necessarily the most viable build. All builds depend of variable circumstances particular to each game.

[table]

Starting Items

[td=2] :QuantumSpade:Quantum Spade x2: The more damage you can get, the better you'll play.[/td]

Core Items

[td=1] :PhaseCloak: Phase Cloak: Who doesn't want more damage and stealth, especially for this hero..[/td]

[td=1] :OcelotsRevolver: Ocelot's Revolver: You have lots of spells. Use them to upgrade your AA damage, especially with your death mark on.[/td]

[td=1] :ArcboundRavager: Arcbound Ravanger: Yes, an essentual of this character. You will do very well getting in AAs between Qs, so weapon speed is so handy. Crits are powerful additions to your arsenal, upgrading Q damage- it's all physical! Finally - movement speed will let you get where you need to be. [/td]

[td=1] :KhaliBlade: Khali Blade: Very strong on this hero, Khali Blade grants excellent damage for both your auto attacks and crits. [/td]

Luxury Items

[td=1] :ExplosiveRetrofit: Explosive Retrofit: If you absolutely need health, this item can be very helpful. While still granting a large amount of damage (especially for the burst that comes out of his R in an area), it gives you some health to survive big exchanges.[/td]

[td=1](No icon) Shadowmourne: Confuse and damage the enemy further, with added crits.[/td]

[td=1] :BanditsArtifice: Bandit's Artiface: More Bushins, anyone?[/td]

[td=1] :DarwinsMight: Darwin's Might: Need some health? Q a group of enemies, and JUST as you're about to die, activate this and let go death mark on one of them. There, tonnes of health for you. [/td]

[td=1] :ContaminationShard: Contamination Shard, SliptideScythe.pngSliptide Scythe and :TimeSplitter: Khali Blade will all proc on multiple people, making them very useful. [/td]

[td=1] ShinobiStyle.pngShinobi Style is a much needed upgrade if you want to keep your Phase Cloak around. Better active, more health...? Yes please. [/td]

[td=1] LethalBarb.pngLethal Barb is a very nice item for getting more out of your crits and autoattacks. It lets you go toe-to-toe with other AA carries while still keeping your burst damage high. [/td]

[td=1] :BlackHoleMagnum: Black Hole Magnun can up your burst damage to insane levels. [/td]

[td=1]PhantomMenace.png Phantom Menace allows you to zoom around the map like crazy. However, it gives less damage potential than several other items. [/td]

[/table]

Special thanks to:

The

SC2Mapster forums for many icons.

Cronos, for his wonderful layout.

Eliwan, for linking me to Cronos and for many ideas on heroes.

Smoke bombs = Smoke screen but as a HP.

So, if truesight can see through smokescreen, yes. I wouldn't know since I play pubs, and seemingly no one uses them except early game.

Adding Bushin limit. They only last 5 seconds already, but I'll make it clear.

Changing Death Mark to Void Warp

Edit:

Above changes made. Item build finished - thoughts?

• 10 months later...

Not quite - that's what Void Shard is for. It allows you to put on a "blip" on the minimap, similar to a radar, so you can't see them directly but just the shimmering mark. This lets you pinpoint them.

Explaining this in the spot I pointed out would be a good idea, as that confused me, and it could confuse others too.

Sure. By the way, Moo (since you've been helping me the most out of everything), which 2 out of my 3 heroes should I use for the competition? Reaver and Zeran you know about, and Inferno is a bit simpler - two forms, different 4 skills per form. Hellion: Q is an AoE, W is a dash + leaves a trail of AoE, E makes your passive (flame DoT) last longer, R is hard to explain - go read up :P

Still working on Hellbat form

Which should I use? I'm thinking Inferno.Hellion because he's a bit simpler, just to make sure Reaver isn't too complicated?

Sure. By the way, Moo (since you've been helping me the most out of everything), which 2 out of my 3 heroes should I use for the competition? Reaver and Zeran you know about, and Inferno is a bit simpler - two forms, different 4 skills per form. Hellion: Q is an AoE, W is a dash + leaves a trail of AoE, E makes your passive (flame DoT) last longer, R is hard to explain - go read up :P

Still working on Hellbat form

Which should I use? I'm thinking Inferno.Hellion because he's a bit simpler, just to make sure Reaver isn't too complicated?

I actually read inferno just before reading this, but my brain is still in shock from having to learn a crapload of stuff and remember it after practice, so I'll comment on that at a later time. As for which heroes to use, my favorite is reaver, his mechanics are very unique, engaging, and fun, the only problem is balance which can easily be adjusted by the devs and shouldn't be worried about too much (still important to get close so they have an idea to go off of). After that, I would probably use the hellion design over this one, since this hero isn't as unique as inferno, and it feels like it would be simpler to play (as you said), and simpler to balance.

I actually read inferno just before reading this, but my brain is still in shock from having to learn a crapload of stuff and remember it after practice, so I'll comment on that at a later time. As for which heroes to use, my favorite is reaver, his mechanics are very unique, engaging, and fun, the only problem is balance which can easily be adjusted by the devs and shouldn't be worried about too much (still important to get close so they have an idea to go off of). After that, I would probably use the hellion design over this one, since this hero isn't as unique as inferno, and it feels like it would be simpler to play (as you said), and simpler to balance.

Thank you once again. If I get anywhere close to winning, you're gonna get a lot of credit for it. :P