Jim Raynor 1.63 The sniper

AdReNaLiNe

Overview

this a pub build that i use and have extreme success with just stayin behind your team and sniping away and killing like a boss

Talents

Cunning(5% spelldamge) Discipline(7%spellresist) Integrity(+8armor) Prodigy(12% CDreduction) Swiftness(7%Movement speed) Wealth(extra 200gold at start)

Role

okay your role as raynor is basically support imo by this i mean with this talent build and starting items you are going to be very squishy. but thats alright all you have to do is stay back behind your team and mark people, lay down some good silence shots and then ulti ther squishys since you have the range on them if you can do this and stay alive with your goin to have great success but remember you have to stay behind your team do be up front and in the action behind every1 and good distance away so you dont get trapped/pulled watever

Starting items

:PulseRegenerator::SapphireMox: i like to start with these for when i to later build into :IhanCrystal:

Core items

:IhanCrystal::NitrogenRetrofit::ArgusCrystal: Blue Gene/ Gravity Edge/ Symphonic Seed

now these are the key items to this build here as soon. i usually like to pick the short lane with raynor because of the squishyness in the early game...so u just wanna stay back and get creep kills with last shots its pretty easy with raynor imo...now once u get the 1250 for blue gene get that asap that is the key to your success.. once you get blue gene you want to get them stacks up and and to stay ther dont put urself in a sticky situation and lose them this is your key to success that extra 100 INT is nasty. like i said earlier just stay back mark/silence/ulti. now after u get blue gene u want to finish ur ihan crystal for extra health/INT after that i like to go straight for gravity edge then argus the depending on the game either nitro or symphonic seed the last item is a situational thing go with a yamato reactor is wat i like to usually go for and then after them sell ur ihan crystal and replace with another situational if need be

Skills/Abilities

for me i like to start out with raynors e then q and then w. with raynors maruaders this is wat i like to do. i like to put 1 in the river at the main choke by the rune and the other one in the jungal for eyes to see weather or not a gank is coming..

level skills

e,q,w,e,e,r,e,q,q,q,t,r,t,t,w,r,w,w

Okay raynor is a great support hero in that with just his silence shot it does good damage and it silences for 6 seconds on a hero/or heroes if they are lined up correctly. you need to take advantage of this like for instance if u silence a cyprus when he teles in 2 do his combo you just completely screwed him first off that he cant finish his combo/ and second hes prolly got a good amount of damage taken ther and he will be dead in a matter of seconds and if not u always got ur ulti to finish him if he somehow escapes.

now a reminder if u do your silence or killshot you gotta realize you are stuck ther for 1-2 seconds while it casts so dont be in a vulnerable spot if ur not goin to kill them cuz u want to stay alive in early game especially

now you can basically always pick off any squishy hero with your mark/silence/killshot i wouldnt even bother in early game using your killshot on tanks/ late game though y will rip through tanks with this build u may not kill them but u will put ur team in a position to kill them by taking half there life away easily

in team battles try to always mark and cloaked heroes as soon as you can so that they dont sneak up on you. you always wanna have mark down because if gives u sight of them and the fact that it amplifies the physical/spell damage on that unit is huge its a big advantage esnappleally when tryin to take ther tank out.

i might edit this later but this is all i got time for let me know what you think

Have to disagree on nitrogen retro, that's only really useful for slowing if you have sustained spell DPS on someone. Raynor only uses 2 spells to damage (outside of marauders that already slow) and both of them are burst damage shots. You'd actually be better off going FOE(force of entropy) and getting some extra attack speed, than using nitrogen retro (he has one of the largest attack ranges in the game after all). I suppose if you are just doing it for the health and INT thats fine, but to me it just feels like a wasted slot since you can't really take advantage of the unique. Caster Raynor is rather defenseless outside of his two spells, so its always nice to have more kiting/escape options than just the marauders, even if you do end up doing a little less INT damage. As is your build is entirely dependent on you having the stronger team (so you can stay behind them to snipe without getting ganked or picked off) and that's not always the case.

As for talents, there are lots of diff options, but for the way you are building I would suggest swapping out Discipline(7% spell resist) for the Fury (+15% weapon speed) so that you level faster and have more chances to last hit/kill creeps. You can always get a nullifier (+15% spell resist for a 875) if you really need the spell resist (which you really shouldn't), and sell it off late game when you have more health or combo it into a shrapnel or spell buffer or something to help your team. This also helps if you end up having to stars fury or isomorphic prye or something to add some DPS if your team needs it in fights.

Would also suggest getting sunflare gun esp if you are sticking to pure caster, as it combos really well with his mark, silence shot and ult ;)

I would also like to point out that Hybrid DPS Raynor is often times more useful than caster Raynor from a team standpoint. Choice usually comes down to whether you care more about sniping and running away to keep your stats up than whether or not your team has the DPS needed to win. (same problem rancor, cyprus etc has when relying on staying behind the team, you can easily have 20+ kills and still loose because your team doesn't have enough DPS to push)

Overall though not a bad start, you should definitely consider trying out and including more builds though ;)

hmm i do like ur input on the talent choice i might have to try that but yah i am using the nitro just for the health/INT and with all that INT i usually have 300+ attack but i was just making this for a newer user who is tryin to get a grasp of the game and not gonna lie i have carried my team with raynor doin this exact build and style of play i did it multiple times the other day 3v5 and the other team thinking they have the win but over pursue and and just pickin people off and mostly them not having great team work and me just sticking behind my teamates its quite effective in pubs and i do sometimes get the sunflare but latly me playin games with raynor its over before i get fully geared

When I think of a sniper, the main thing I consider is mobility. How well can you get into position and line up the shot. I go for a talent build combining Swiftness and Zeal? (the defense talent that boosts move speed) and pick up a Phantom Menace so that I can be nearly omnipresent on the field. For items, FoE, Menace, Gravity, Yamato, Cerebro, (Star Fury/Sunflare/Shrink Ray/Lethal Barb).

Today I tested Hibrid with Gravity Edge/ Argus Crystal/ SHC/ Pyre/ Cont shard/ Electric M. ( Electric was not done). It was ok in the test. Good KDR but can't get any conclusion.

By other hand being pre Int Raynor I don't like retrofit since Enemy I combo enemy who A burster Kills so slow in my opinion is not so useful in this kind hero Speaking about Squishies/ Tanks are not my goal in this case), by other hand 500 Hp is just low I prefer SHC or E mantle. Items which provides you what I call " A second oportunity" or a little chance to positioning. Items offering sustaining being meatshield only designed for tanks.

I prefer Hybrid to max INT unless going full support.

Sunflare, Gravity Edge and Star's Fury are all good items on hybrid. FoE is a nice addition for tankiness and the slow, and you could try for a Arcbound and Cerebro, or go for Shrink Ray and Ihan - if Ihan, get that first. Also, I sometimes get Explosive and Nitrogen if they're all squished up, because I have a lot of damage to make it worth it.

But, for support, I have a couple of different builds depending on what the enemy team does, and their heroes. Lots of squishies is normally perfect for a max INT build, maybe with one tanky item to protect yourself - if they're casters, it's normally Parallax or Spell Buffer, and AA is normally EMantle later, but Barbed earlier. Obviously, Yamato is great for Kill shots. I normally Q them, before E and an AA - because I always get Star's Fury, it's just too good to not get on Raynor - and finally kill shot, maybe W to stop them escaping. It's normally a 1-shot combo.

Item Build:

1) Gravity Edge

2) Argus Crystal

3) Yamato Reactor

4) Cerebros

5) Nitrogen OR Star Fury

6) Small Hallidron Collider (Raynor can't escape for his life, this enables him to escape :D and give some hp with nitrogens too.)

7) Ihan Crystal (Which you sell later for nitrogen or something else once u have stacks.)

Key Items: Argus, Gravity edge [double procs death mark], Yamato reactor.

• 3 months later...

When I think of a sniper, the main thing I consider is mobility. How well can you get into position and line up the shot. I go for a talent build combining Swiftness and Zeal? (the defense talent that boosts move speed) and pick up a Phantom Menace so that I can be nearly omnipresent on the field. For items, FoE, Menace, Gravity, Yamato, Cerebro, (Star Fury/Sunflare/Shrink Ray/Lethal Barb).

Really been liking Phantom Menace on him.

Talents 0-3-3: Health, Armor, Zeal, Swiftness, Cooldown reduction, Energy Regen

1. Duran's Pendant

2. Ihan Crystal

3. Phantom Menace

4. Argus Crystal

5. Gravity Edge

6. FOE

7. Yamamoto

Once I get Argus and Gravity edge the build varies with team, but I think those two are must haves on Raynor. I've tried experimenting with warp shard for mobility with Raynor, but I like menace better. It helps operating at the extremes of his range with silence shot, so even if they are moving away when u silence, you can run up for ult. With warp shard I found it helpful, but not quite worth the cost, as its pretty situational. Another reason I like Menace better is that it goes well with his sniper role, your distance combined with dropping some marauders to retreat can almost always get you away from combat and up to full speed. Staying alive helps keep the Ihan stacks up as well. I've liked Ihan as a second item, especially because I find I run out of mana quickly in the early game.

Have any of you tried building DPS Raynor? I was experimenting with it in pubs and have had excellent results. I find it to be better than INT Raynor, and I even managed to beat enemy Nova players in 1v1 several times. I may write a guide on it when I have time.

Have any of you tried building DPS Raynor? I was experimenting with it in pubs and have had excellent results. I find it to be better than INT Raynor, and I even managed to beat enemy Nova players in 1v1 several times. I may write a guide on it when I have time.

Its troll build which can work only in pubs. I was playing dps Raynor many times, but u have to be really ahead to make it work. Otherwise u are melted in seconds. What I really like is to rush Contamination Shard and abuse 69% physical damage amplification on single target when armor still has low values. BHM works on Raynor great as well as he has one of the highest weapon damage and u can amplify it effect by 30%

CS is good but I prefer to rush the items which give weapon speed and deal spell damage on attack, such as rod, baton, pyre and scythe. The mark amplifies both weapon damage and the spell damage from the items, which is very strong.

CS is good but only after you get good weapon speed, so I get it later. I also get shadowmourne, I think that item does physical damage so it synergies well with CS and mark.

if you start with Wealth, you have to buy the 850, 25 Attack Damage item. I've 4 shot a lvl 1 Nova, without any teammate support in a 1v1. You get like 120 weapon damage at level 1, and with 15% amp from mark. Later on, you get Flare Gun, which deals sooo much damage with Mark that it's not even funny.

Link to official replay thread below. Currently newest post there.

http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/topic/483-official-replay-thread/page__st__200