AoS Rebirth

himgoddangit

Now, I'm not saying that AoS is dying but from all the chatting on forums I've seen are talking about SEA being gone now, and I haven't really seen anyone upgrading themselves from pubs to ih. So basically I feel like AoS should take more of a turn towards making it look like a more "serious" game, such as re-vamping the website, making it user friendly, adding graphics and flare and such, visually appealing ya know? AoS is big enough where it has its core players but do we want it to grow and become an even bigger custom game powerhouse? Anyway, I'd love to have thoughts on how to extending AoS's influence and new ideas on the commercial approach of Aos.

I didn't mean it like that. More visually appealing, such as an interactive, user-friendly web interface. People should start marketing, or more like commercializing to find sponsors and such. More sponsors = bigger tourneys = larger influence of populace and draws more attention to AoS. On top of that, as a second idea; should get a section of this site for clan recruitment/team creation, ya know an area where people can post videos of themselves and market themselves to different clans/teams

I was trolling :D

I dunno I think i fyou add too many things it'll crowd out everything. Like right now it looks fresh and clean.

Sponsors would be a huge thing for AoS but select people should spend a lot of time promoting this. IT WOULD BE HUGE. Why don't you make this thread in the AoS Lobby... I don't think this belongs to General Chat..

Now, I'm not saying that AoS is dying but from all the chatting on forums I've seen are talking about SEA being gone now, and I haven't really seen anyone upgrading themselves from pubs to ih. So basically I feel like AoS should take more of a turn towards making it look like a more "serious" game, such as re-vamping the website, making it user friendly, adding graphics and flare and such, visually appealing ya know? AoS is big enough where it has its core players but do we want it to grow and become an even bigger custom game powerhouse? Anyway, I'd love to have thoughts on how to extending AoS's influence and new ideas on the commercial approach of Aos.

The idea you are proposing would be all fine and good, but the thing is as far as I know Aos is a side project that rng/ecko does in his free time with no pay (with donations to cover server costs I think), and so commercializing it more would take alot of his time. But I could easily be wrong he may want to take it in that direction, but we still have to remember Aos is not a large business type game like lol, with many many people working for them.

Also I think Hots may bring new people to aos when it comes out.

The real reason that AoS is not popular as it once was is because it runs on the SC2 client. That means that you have to pay for it, and as the SC2 playerbase drops, so will AoS

Also because there are distinct limitations that come from being a custom game rather than an independent deal like LoL.

I didn't mean it like that. More visually appealing, such as an interactive, user-friendly web interface. People should start marketing, or more like commercializing to find sponsors and such. More sponsors = bigger tourneys = larger influence of populace and draws more attention to AoS. On top of that, as a second idea; should get a section of this site for clan recruitment/team creation, ya know an area where people can post videos of themselves and market themselves to different clans/teams

Lets say what you are saying is possible. With getting sponsors and bigger tourneys. The player base is entirely to small to do any of this. On top of that AoS is basically property of Blizzard.Plus games like LoL and Dota 2 have much much more depth to them simply because companies work on these games and not 1 person. Aos is a casual game and it should stay that way.

Yet why not develop a small committee that can be given the job of promoting AoS, re-working the site for improvements and such. Look at Dota...that was also a mod form the Warcraft series and eventually became an independent franchise. Obviously what I'm coming up with is far-fetched but I'm just trying to instill the idea that nothing is impossible. IF AoS get's marketed more, and a larger fan base is acquired hopefully more donations will come in, and therefore improvements can be made. Or, if someone wanted to get frisky with commercializing try an attempt to find sponsors that could fund creation of a different client for AoS. Like I said, this is just brainstorming and it probably won't happen but take it into consideration.

Yet why not develop a small committee that can be given the job of promoting AoS, re-working the site for improvements and such. Look at Dota...that was also a mod form the Warcraft series and eventually became an independent franchise. Obviously what I'm coming up with is far-fetched but I'm just trying to instill the idea that nothing is impossible. IF AoS get's marketed more, and a larger fan base is acquired hopefully more donations will come in, and therefore improvements can be made. Or, if someone wanted to get frisky with commercializing try an attempt to find sponsors that could fund creation of a different client for AoS. Like I said, this is just brainstorming and it probably won't happen but take it into consideration.

That was awhile ago though and the makers of Dota 2 are not the same people that made DotA... And if AoS did get put onto a different client it would be a different game. Heroes like Rancor couldn't be used. Hero names and item names would not be the same. The map would be different in terms of looks. Doing this would mean Ecko would have to start from the ground up again something I don't think he is willing to do or has time to do. On top of that he would definitely need help with this overhaul. What you have to understand is Ecko does this in his free time and while you are right it wouldn't be impossible to achieve what you are saying, but I think it's something not everybody wants including Ecko.

This site only serves as a forum, at the moment. Would be kind of cool to have a front page with headlines regarding what is going on in AoS. Could also use an official wiki with hero and item information, rather than just the forum database.

It's true that Ecko does this by himself in his free time, but maybe that just means he should look for more people that will help.

That was awhile ago though and the makers of Dota 2 are not the same people that made DotA... And if AoS did get put onto a different client it would be a different game. Heroes like Rancor couldn't be used. Hero names and item names would not be the same. The map would be different in terms of looks. Doing this would mean Ecko would have to start from the ground up again something I don't think he is willing to do or has time to do. On top of that he would definitely need help with this overhaul. What you have to understand is Ecko does this in his free time and while you are right it wouldn't be impossible to achieve what you are saying, but I think it's something not everybody wants including Ecko.

1. Makers of Dota 2 and LoL are precisely same people who made Dota. Icefrog works for valve and and guinsoo for LoL.

2. Blizzard doesnt give a shap which was proven by one thousand browser games and indie games using blizzard models.

3. Hero names and item names are not created by blizzard.

4.Current map looks nothing like dota 2 or lol.

U dont have a clue about what ure talking about, take a 180 degree turn and walk that direction.

1. Makers of Dota 2 and LoL are precisely same people who made Dota. Icefrog works for valve and and guinsoo for LoL.

2. Blizzard doesnt give a shap which was proven by one thousand browser games and indie games using blizzard models.

3. Hero names and item names are not created by blizzard.

4.Current map looks nothing like dota 2 or lol.

U dont have a clue about what ure talking about, take a 180 degree turn and walk that direction.

I didn't know icefrog worked for valve only that valve made dota 2.. i did not mention anything about who made LoL. I figured that the makers were different because they couldn't use the same names of the heroes in dota so they altered the names in dota 2.

And I guarantee blizzard would give a shap if Ecko started making money off the game with sponsors. The web browser games aren't making any significant money if any at all. On top of that it would be a lot of work for blizzard to sue the "1000" browser games that are on the web.

Raynor, Nova, Kerrigan etc are all blizzard names. And items like the Ihan crystal are names used throughout the campaign.

Nowhere in my post did I say the AoS map looked like Dota 2 or LoL i simply said that if the client which AoS is on would most likely make the map look different.

Please reread my post again.

I didn't know icefrog worked for valve only that valve made dota 2.. i did not mention anything about who made LoL. I figured that the makers were different because they couldn't use the same names of the heroes in dota so they altered the names in dota 2.

And I guarantee blizzard would give a shap if Ecko started making money off the game with sponsors. The web browser games aren't making any significant money if any at all. On top of that it would be a lot of work for blizzard to sue the "1000" browser games that are on the web.

Raynor, Nova, Kerrigan etc are all blizzard names. And items like the Ihan crystal are names used throughout the campaign.

Nowhere in my post did I say the AoS map looked like Dota 2 or LoL i simply said that if the client which AoS is on would most likely make the map look different.

Please reread my post again.

Blizzard could not posibly be more happy if ecko started making money out of the game, one of blizzard biggest failure is their "map market place"... The problem with intellectual property is that the terms of aggreement to SC2 players, is that everything you make belongs to Blizzard, this goes for the map itself (code and all), the sprites, models, and the names, so in short word, blizzard could take over AoS anytime.

Regarding the appealing of the game, ecko has been told SEVERAL times that he should focus more on graphic appealing of the game (Starcraft Universe) and try to improve his fan base to that niche, HE DIDINT. And it looks like he won't, in my eyes, SotiS and AoS has always been a playground for Ecko to improve his coding/programing ability, because balancing skill is very low xD, too few heros, and the heros we currently have fullfill most if not all the roles, and that makes AoS boring to play. ATM you can play AoS for a month and then u'll be bored from it, no community (Cmon, 20 ppl on mumle is nothing), no ladder, no regular tournaments, horrible rating system, and so on. The game, where it stands now is NOT Attractive for new players and even less attractive for veteran players...

Blizzard could not posibly be more happy if ecko started making money out of the game, one of blizzard biggest failure is their "map market place"... The problem with intellectual property is that the terms of aggreement to SC2 players, is that everything you make belongs to Blizzard, this goes for the map itself (code and all), the sprites, models, and the names, so in short word, blizzard could take over AoS anytime.

Regarding the appealing of the game, ecko has been told SEVERAL times that he should focus more on graphic appealing of the game (Starcraft Universe) and try to improve his fan base to that niche, HE DIDINT. And it looks like he won't, in my eyes, SotiS and AoS has always been a playground for Ecko to improve his coding/programing ability, because balancing skill is very low xD, too few heros, and the heros we currently have fullfill most if not all the roles, and that makes AoS boring to play. ATM you can play AoS for a month and then u'll be bored from it, no community (Cmon, 20 ppl on mumle is nothing), no ladder, no regular tournaments, horrible rating system, and so on. The game, where it stands now is NOT Attractive for new players and even less attractive for veteran players...

Yes like i said in an earlier post, which is why blizzard would give a shap if Ecko started making money off AoS because of their ability to take it over at anytime.

You realize that Ecko's brother does a lot of the balancing as well and is not only Ecko. The word on mumble is that Red is bad at balancing while Ecko is good at it. If that is accurate or not isn't my place to say. Plus this is done all in Eckos free time. The rating system is something brax implemented, but Brax is busy with other things nowadays i believe. And tournaments require money and with a game like AoS which is on SC2 you aren't going to have that big of a player base to fund regular tournaments. On the plus side you look at tournaments from other custom game mobas like Hero Attack and City of Tempest their tournament winnings is only what like 200 dollars? The AoS tournament was around 1200 dollars i believe.

@Chob

Yeahhh brew already beat you to it lol

Yes like i said in an earlier post, which is why blizzard would give a shap if Ecko started making money off AoS because of their ability to take it over at anytime.

You realize that Ecko's brother does a lot of the balancing as well and is not only Ecko. The word on mumble is that Red is bad at balancing while Ecko is good at it. If that is accurate or not isn't my place to say. Plus this is done all in Eckos free time. The rating system is something brax implemented, but Brax is busy with other things nowadays i believe. And tournaments require money and with a game like AoS which is on SC2 you aren't going to have that big of a player base to fund regular tournaments. On the plus side you look at tournaments from other custom game mobas like Hero Attack and City of Tempest their tournament winnings is only what like 200 dollars? The AoS tournament was around 1200 dollars i believe.

I don't know if ecko or hydra is the one balancing the heros, but i can say that most hero delivery have been done borderline op, but am not gonna make this a debate about balancing, but most about the low hero pool we have, having unique heros is in extreme overrated. Having a low pool of unique heros only server purpose of calling AoS a "refined" game, this does not server the purpose of increasing the fan base, higher amount of heros available to play will increase the diversity of games and subsecuentialy the fan base. Having so few heros available gives the sense that every game is the same, same enemy team compositions, same op heros, etc.

2.- when am talking about tournaments, am not talking about expensive and BIG! tournaments, but rather regular and stable season/monthly tournaments with some "nice" prize instead of a huge buttload of money.. Maybe some gamer stuff like a cool mouse, have the winners nicknames in Red color, or even to have the winner team to implement their hero suggestion for a week, there are so many things that could be done that could improve the game experience...

The problem is that AoS is becoming a game focused on the 20 people that play it on mumble... imo its a very poor choice :D!

I don't know if ecko or hydra is the one balancing the heros, but i can say that most hero delivery have been done borderline op, but am not gonna make this a debate about balancing, but most about the low hero pool we have, having unique heros is in extreme overrated. Having a low pool of unique heros only server purpose of calling AoS a "refined" game, this does not server the purpose of increasing the fan base, higher amount of heros available to play will increase the diversity of games and subsecuentialy the fan base. Having so few heros available gives the sense that every game is the same, same enemy team compositions, same op heros, etc.

2.- when am talking about tournaments, am not talking about expensive and BIG! tournaments, but rather regular and stable season/monthly tournaments with some "nice" prize instead of a huge buttload of money.. Maybe some gamer stuff like a cool mouse, have the winners nicknames in Red color, or even to have the winner team to implement their hero suggestion for a week, there are so many things that could be done that could improve the game experience...

The problem is that AoS is becoming a game focused on the 20 people that play it on mumble... imo its a very poor choice :D!

It is mostly Red with balancing I believe.. The big stuff is Ecko like cleaning up the map, spawn times, items, etc... and heroes in almost every moba are OP when they first come out. And like it has been said this is something Ecko does in his free time. He doesn't have all day to work out new heroes one after another.

Honestly I think that the only reason the last tourny was so big was because the prize was money.

And this is false. We test beta and yes we influence balance changes, but this is only because beta isn't open to public. You wanna beta test come on mumble; after the game tell us what you think. We tend to have long discussions after every beta game on whats good and bad. Also, once beta gets released balance changes in the next beta get influenced by mumblers and pubbers.. There have been plenty of changes that Red has made to appeal to pub players that we disagreed with. Saying balance is made from 20 ppl is just wrong.

Lol himgodangit, what do you, know about SEA server and ih community? Forum thread about SEA being dead is not true,well it may be was in about 5 month ago. We do have ih everyday, prob when you guys are asleep. And we don't usually ih in NA because of lags such as delays.

Lol himgodangit, what do you, know about SEA server and ih community? Forum thread about SEA being dead is not true,well it may be was in about 5 month ago. We do have ih everyday, prob when you guys are asleep. And we don't usually ih in NA because of lags such as delays.

Shap..

I've only seen like 8/9 people who IH on SEA. Last time I talked to that lot they were saying SEA was dead and that its very hard to even find pubs in SEA.

It is mostly Red with balancing I believe.. The big stuff is Ecko like cleaning up the map, spawn times, items, etc... and heroes in almost every moba are OP when they first come out. And like it has been said this is something Ecko does in his free time. He doesn't have all day to work out new heroes one after another.

Honestly I think that the only reason the last tourny was so big was because the prize was money.

And this is false. We test beta and yes we influence balance changes, but this is only because beta isn't open to public. You wanna beta test come on mumble; after the game tell us what you think. We tend to have long discussions after every beta game on whats good and bad. Also, once beta gets released balance changes in the next beta get influenced by mumblers and pubbers.. There have been plenty of changes that Red has made to appeal to pub players that we disagreed with. Saying balance is made from 20 ppl is just wrong.

I said it pretty clear on the post begining, i'm not going to make this a balance debate. I mentioned a lot of things that didint refer to balance at all...