Vorpal (nightmare against shadow and co. build)

cell

A lot of shadows out there in pubs these days and one of the best heroes to counter them is Vorpal.

This is a instruction how you rape faces

in the past i took the q as first ability,that was good to put the creep to your tower but now everyone runs aeon and you are forced to do it too,so the best for that is his e,you can spam it alot to stun enemys for the kill or to protect low mates.

In the talenttree i take 15 dmg and the leech,def is health,healthreg and armor and utility is movementspeed. Other build can be cooldownreduction.movementspeed,200 minerals and teleport witch gives you good mobility,the 5th can be leech or armor.

first item is durans buckler and go bot lane.Midlane can be good and bad because when u run for gank it can be a towerlose if your opponent is strong,witch is not so good for the team,so getting a kill for losing a tower is a bad swap,and with faster waves it can happens fast.

So take the bot lane and farm for the e mantel,when your mate at bot does well you can look where the shadow is on the map,or maybe you are lucky and shadow is bot too :) or if he is top you can ask to change lane with someone.

You have also a good % rate that he will be in there sololane jungling,you want to fight him in that early stage of the game,most of them getting leech as first item witch is maybe good against your mates but bad against you,so if you find him =attack then use q ,he attacks you now and the e mantel stuns and damage him,sometimes it is good to wait with your e because after he use his vortex for escape u can hit him with it.After you killed him or forced him to go back you can help there to rush tower or jungle.

Then go back for the second item witch is barbet or exe,depends how much aa heroes or int heroes you have against you in your lane.For int heroes it´s better to get exe for the str.

If u don´t want that he get feed you have to check the map where he is and go there.A behind shadow is a good shadow,and this build is good for nova too witch is also a often pick.

A lot of times i saw Vorpals using the ulti wrong.So against a shadow or other heroes too use the ulti when u are close to him then use your q in that direction immediately.Now he is much longer in your ulti and get more more damage.He can use his ulti on you ,thats good because he don´t know whats happening then,ulticombo out of the fog then let him attack you a moment , use e or wait after his vortex for it.

The first 3 important items are e mantel,barb and exe ,the 4th item i pick is parallax or warpshard now to rush the shc,why? both are very good to initiate your ulti q combo if there is a egon or darpa(against there silenceab),or to escape after your combo when other heroes join the fight,because after your combo you have only one e shot then u can be food.

If u are behind or equal take para if you are feeded go shc.

The other 2 Items can be int items,maybe 3 then with ihan crystal stack it and sell,stars fury works very good too after your q or e ,then 2x argus or u go llech and weaponspeed,like HOM and Darvins Might.

When the teams are equal go for int build because the game can be very long now and the damage output is bigger as with leech and ws.

But if u do well against shadow and co it will be a short game,thanks to quitters.

I wanted to test int build only but there are shadow and nova in every game now and the 3 counter items are way better then rushing a sunflaregun first,because your survivability is not so good,u can kill him with it = good ,but a feeded shadow don´t die to this and most of them are, so....i hope i can help some guys with this ....have fun with it

suggestions and or friendly criticism are welcome

question why don´t work to copy items in itfrom database,i see them in editor but not finally,have no webspace

Well, i don't think anything in particular can stop a good shadow, if he gets enough kills, right?

Still, if you can more or less keep up with his killcount this probably is very helpful.

Is it just me or is vorpal hardly ever seen in a pub? I've never really had problems against a Vorpal after all (pubs obviously, i'm no gamer ;)), as i always use Galactic Defender when he uses his Q, Vortex his Blink and use Shadow Walk then...

Either i haven't met a good (not-fed) Vorpal yet, or i think that klicking on shadow with a meele unit is just sooo hard and therefore so is killing one. I Mostly see them using up their q and r and then not even trying to attack with the normaly?

Galactic Defender really seems to be the name of the game for Shadow, at least when it comes to durability and taking damage

That's why Vorpal has to be smart, don't use his Q until Shadow has ulted or if Shadow has no leech then you're fine with Barbed Plating. Alternatively Vorpal can buy SHC to have a double blink for even more escape from Shadow Walk, which is also useful for SHC in and pull enemies back with Q. Or just throw in a Shrapnel and use it against Shadow either during Shadow Walk or after a vortex.

But yes, if you let Shadow get fed he's very tough until Vorpal gets a few key items.

A good combo is Argus and Gravity with your barbed, it counters any AA heroes that have decent spell resist and if they don't have any it will pierce through their natural spell resist as well. I build Vorpal with SHM, Ihan, Nitro, Electric, Barbed, Carapace and then sell SHM and Ihan for Argus and Gravity or other situational items like Executioners Axe or Parallax late game.

• 1 month later...

Agreed, vorpal is an amazing counter to shadow, probably the best str hero to counter a shadow.

i would agree with you gut i think that Micro near at tower or at creep wafes is better because your Stun attack q abylitys and Showdown would kill shadow and the enemie creeps

the best anti aa heros are vorpal and vergil, drake comes in close. but defensive talents, start off with superheated mantle, barb and electric mantle. those 3 items will put vorpal and vergil over 50 armor at lvl 18 and over 2500 hp. for vorpal at that point darwin might, coa, and pyre works well. for vergil carapace, nano suit, shrink ray if enemy is mostly AA or parallax if mostly casters. dont forget during build for either one ihan stack then sell. both builds work great for tanking as well as owning Auto Attack heros. no axe needed if they are attacking you. to much armor for them to leech anything worth while.

Well, i don't think anything in particular can stop a good shadow, if he gets enough kills, right?

Still, if you can more or less keep up with his killcount this probably is very helpful.

Is it just me or is vorpal hardly ever seen in a pub? I've never really had problems against a Vorpal after all (pubs obviously, i'm no gamer ;)), as i always use Galactic Defender when he uses his Q, Vortex his Blink and use Shadow Walk then...

Either i haven't met a good (not-fed) Vorpal yet, or i think that klicking on shadow with a meele unit is just sooo hard and therefore so is killing one. I Mostly see them using up their q and r and then not even trying to attack with the normaly?

Galactic Defender really seems to be the name of the game for Shadow, at least when it comes to durability and taking damage

More like anything can just about stop a shadow... The trick to shadow is you have to reach lategame before everyone else to be effective. Since his ganks and invisibility on the map are very strong along with his chasing mechanic he gets plenty of kills in pubs because ppl dont use teamwork and dont have map awareness. Shadow is a strong hero if played correctly, but completely useless if he isn't.

@OP

Vorpal counters everything and is countered by no one. He doesn't just counter shadow.