Masamune

VasyaKot

I was out for a few months, and when I saw Masamune with its unique i thought it's useless for AA heroes.

But then i recognized that Time scale is the former Time.

For shadow, its almost free 25% Time, which can break the attack speed cap. When combined with ulti, Masamune becomes absolutely op on shadow. The physical damage resist reduction means almost nothing, a late-game AA hero has >45 armor. In addition, Masamune has the best weapon damage increase, as well as good movement speed and plenty of CD reduction.

Masamune's cost is really small for an item of that efficiency. It should be at least 6.5k, because mid-game farming is pretty strong and it is not hard to farm 5k, especially on shadow and boros.

Those that think that -20% physical resist is a lot.... you are wrong. I'm no Midknight, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I did the math correctly.

let's take 45 armor ('cause Vas said it so, and I'm to lazy to experiment and check if he's wrong. It seems about right though). That's 100 - 100 (0.97^45) = ~ 75% physical resist

75*0.8 due to Masume and you get: ~60% physical resist.

That means, that yes, you'll take a bit more damage, but not significant amounts. Agi heroes are almost immune to physical damage anyway, even if they have this item.

well, Its true that for AGI carries -20% physical resistance isn't much, but -20% spell resistance means a lot. While casters are natural counter to AGI carries u made yourself even more vulnerable to them. So GL with that when there is Cyprus, Rancor, Vergil or Raynor in enemy team. Usually AGI carries getting 1 or 2 tank/resist item (like FoE or Sliptide) to avoid possibility being one-shot during team fight.

I very often see this item in pubs though. I guess against low level opponents it can works great. But in higher level environment I don't think so.

spooky, read the damn item again. so tired of all these ppl still thinking masamune reduces spell resist.

My bad. But it used to be -X% damage resist, not -X% physical resist. I missed that change... So that makes item much more viable in this case. LZ can benefit a lot since he has already a lot of physical resist.