I wouldn't call this a guide (BOROS)

Psyght

Been pub stomping with this boros build lately, and man have i gotten results. I've found boros is strongest with Crit items, and cooldown items, really just want thoughts on ways to improve my pub stomping with boros and my build.

so I start the game with :DuransPendant:

My thoughts are boros has some severe mana problems early game, so I like to boost INT and mana regen right at the start.

Then for some mid game shenanigans I like to get impact dial, really helps with bolas, as well as escaping some sticky situations :ImpactDial:

I'm sure you can guess my next item, I like to start building my Cerebro right after this, So I can get rid of mana problems asap.(off topic, am I just blind or is there no Cerebro icon? :e)

then I like to go a couple different routes, but usually go for Arcbound next, to get the movement speed buff as well as the wepon speed is nice for farming and obviously attacking heros. :ArcboundRavager:

Then I'll go for Khalis to get that crit damage buff, which is always good in Crit builds :KhaliBlade:

From here I usually will go massamune cause that item wrecks on boros, one of the few chars I like to get it on.(again I dont think theres an icon.)

now this is a point of contention in this build I like to go for aggressors guise for the cooldown reduction as well as it makes your AA deadly cause you can easily keep up with people. and the heath bonus is nice

now depending on team, which in pubs assuming you have none, I really like to get organic carapace for some extra heath to help you out when having to solo 3+ enemies :OrganicCarapace:

wellp just looking for a bit of feed back, so I can maximize my pub stomping, just let me know.

I would get Shadowmourne over Arcbound

And your final build is:

Arcbound, Khali Blade, Organic Carapace, Cerebro, Masamune, Impact Dial

I would definitely substitute the Arcbound for Shadowmourne.

And late-game the Impact Dial for Barbed Plating or Electric Mantle to counter AA heroes.

Other than that it looks solid :P You have the most important Boros items, Khali and Cerebro and even a WS/Dial...

TBH i like int boros

Start with leeching saber for GP10 and leech. Then:

-Build Gravity for movement speed and good int and cheaper than argus

-Then argus for massive spell dmg

-Then Cerebro for a massive 75 int plus you can spamm your skills more often

-Grab a pyre next as it works well with argus and gravity and allows int boros to kill tanks as well

-last 2 items are up for debate though Star fury isnt too bad and keeping 1 leech item lets you heal back during an omnislash

Pros

-Dont have to worry about energy early game

-Farm faster than aa boros to get to mid game

-Stronger mid game then aa boros

-Is more fun :D

Cons

-You dont leech as much as aa boros and so you have less survivability

-Worse late game

TBH i like int boros

Start with leeching saber for GP10 and leech. Then:

-Build Gravity for movement speed and good int and cheaper than argus

-Then argus for massive spell dmg

-Then Cerebro for a massive 75 int plus you can spamm your skills more often

-Grab a pyre next as it works well with argus and gravity and allows int boros to kill tanks as well

-last 2 items are up for debate though Star fury isnt too bad and keeping 1 leech item lets you heal back during an omnislash

Pros

-Dont have to worry about energy early game

-Farm faster than aa boros to get to mid game

-Stronger mid game then aa boros

-Is more fun :D

Cons

-You dont leech as much as aa boros and so you have less survivability

-Worse late game

ya i havent begun toying with INT boros, I just dont see it as viable late game, cause your gonna be depending on SS . where as AA boros can just run in ulti, and clean up the scraps with AA

ya i havent begun toying with INT boros, I just dont see it as viable late game, cause your gonna be depending on SS . where as AA boros can just run in ulti, and clean up the scraps with AA

Boros passive makes each attack scale with 50%int (this amount stacks, i have checked) meaning that Omnislash with 8 hits deals 400%int dmg + 250%int from spell storm. So int boros Ulti is still strong just not as strong as the 800%weapon dmg scaling. It is still strong late game just not as strong as crit boros.

I would get Shadowmourne over Arcbound

And your final build is:

Arcbound, Khali Blade, Organic Carapace, Cerebro, Masamune, Impact Dial

I would definitely substitute the Arcbound for Shadowmourne.

And late-game the Impact Dial for Barbed Plating or Electric Mantle to counter AA heroes.

Other than that it looks solid :P You have the most important Boros items, Khali and Cerebro and even a WS/Dial...

I usually get rid of impact late game, due to its not THAT helpful past the push. and this build isn't solid every game build, more of just a start. i like arcbound for the movement buff, cause with this build your fkin speedy gonzales, with massamune, arcbound, and aggressors.

Boros passive makes each attack scale with 50%int (this amount stacks, i have checked) meaning that Omnislash with 8 hits deals 400%int dmg + 250%int from spell storm. So int boros Ulti is still strong just not as strong as the 800%weapon dmg scaling. It is still strong late game just not as strong as crit boros.

oh ya , I forgot about that :P dang ya that would rape, and youd have lots of DOT with int boros. hmmm giving me things to have fun in pubs with >:D

boros passive is spell damage too, so argus boosts that up even more.

When I play boros, I have A LOT of fun, in pubs, ofc, I dont think this is viable for ih

Impact Dial, SFG; Heated Mantle, Phantom Menace, Shadowmourne, SHC, and another situational item

all i would be yelling all game long is BURN boii!!! cause nobody could ever escape you XD

all i would be yelling all game long is BURN boii!!! cause nobody could ever escape you XD

In late game Nova/Shadow/Vespus/Darpa/Grunty etc rape me, but its funny because casters and others burn in hell, i have like +2.44 move speed, I bola impact dial and sfg, they are almost death, then i ss + heated and that spell dmg do the rest, vs dps i AA with SCH and make the shadowmourne do the job

my Int Boros- hybrid build

at least 2 crit items,

i prefer cerebro and khali blade.

now for the 4 slots

gravity edge - for the movespeed and INT and true Damage

Nitrogen retrofit for the slow, i found this item became more useful when SS was nerfed to 5 sec. and health

Pyre for those tanks

Argus for that 20% spell damage and 100 INT

other items that can be good:

Sunflare for that active and base damage and INT. crits scale with base damage

lethal Barb - ARMOR. weapon speed after crits

Small Hadron Collider - you can use your boros like a jackson. warp in SS+omni everyone PROVIDED YOU HAVE A COMPETENT TEAM. better if you have shrink ray coz youll debuff everyone you hit with ulti.

a warp shard / SHC - you are boros you dont have an escape mechanism. and despite people saying boros is unkillable, boros is IN REALITY is very squishy. but that is for a different tread.

for an INT boros you need to rush IHAN. or prepare for an extra long game by getting the 3 gold producing items.

if you want the 3 gold producing items i suggest you rush them first.

lost treasure

miners goggles

leaching saber

then get IHAN

then make Higgs boson reactor.

usually IHAN can be bought at the 22-24 min mark. sell exactly 10min later.

Mana problems will usually be gone by the 25min mark.

this build is very weak early game.

i personally start off with blinkmoth serum and 3mana potions and 3health potions. this normally can sustain me until i get the first gold producing item, which is usually lost treasure OR leaching sabre. i always get miners goggles last unless i need the HP.

at mid game these a point when you are kinda OP, when you sell ihan and you get the 1250 minerals. you begin to catch up or slowly pull away from your opponents income wise.

late game should come earlier for boros on this build with the 3 gold producing items. you should definitely be pulling away from the rest of your opponents income wise.

when you get cerebro, this is your FIRST permanant item, spam your spellstorm and bola.

then you make a decision....

with the recent nerfs to cerebro, boros with upgraded double strike and cerebro still works but not as good. make sure you hit spellstorm first before you AA. DO NOT AA FIRST THEN ACTIVATE SPELLSTORM UNLESS YOU HAVE TO.

we decide which item comes next. by the time you complete cerebro, you should be able to sell ihan.

3 choices.

Khali to increase crit chance and damage but very expensive. remember you have 3 slots allotted to GP items.

another Higgs Boson - cheap, better impact on spellstorm. can be made to argus, gravity edge, sunflares. i usually keep it in this form until i can just but the whole t3 item straight up.

isomorphic pyre - if a tank is harassing you and you cant seem to 1 shot him with omnislash, then get pyre.

do not expect INT builds to kill with 1 omnislash coz it wont until you get to mid-late game.

final builds for teams with a dominant tank:

cerebro

khali blade

lethal barb

gravity edge

Nitrogen retrofit

Isomorphic pyre

the generic final build: generic because it should work against most hero comps and teamfights (not much of an INT build).

cerebro

khali blade

lethal barb

explosive retrofit

gravity edge

Darwins / FOE

True INT build:

Cerebro

gravity edge

Nitrogen retrofit

Sunflare gun

lethal barb

Shrink ray

Best boros build IMO:

couple of durans, leeching saber, etc > snowball items, possibly all 3, depending on threats. Seeing as Boros has no trouble getting kills and staying alive, these are great> khali Blade > lethal Barb > Pyre > C Shard > Shadowmourne > Darwin's Might/Masume/Galactic Defender. Cerebro is a situational item, as is HoM, Time Splitter, Electric Mantle,Symphonic Seed, etc......

Keep in mind that Boros' ultimate ability has 400% Int scaling without counting the spellstorm. Boros' passive deal 50% of int as bonus damage which can translate to 17.5% of his int as true damage per autoattack. In addition to that his spellstorm has pretty massive INT scaling as well. So does the Bola. Watching the Psionic Bola take out half of someone's health is one of the more satisfying things in the game.

but who gets bolad at 10 range. yes if i was careless enough to allow a bola to land on me, then i definitely deserve to die. but seriously,most of you are pretty good in this game how often do you get bolad at 10 range? unless you exploit the bola bug.....

oh and i forgot a bolero build

warp shard / shc

impact dial

sunflare

pyre

cerebro

argus

(IHAN)

bola

warp shard

run back

impact dial

Spellstorm

Sunflare gun

ulti (if necessary)

if bug was executed properly, you can pull 1/4 across the map.

sad to say i cannot always pull this stunt off as it is rather hard to do also, thats IF you know how the bug works. this bug hasnt reached the forums yet to my knowlege.

PM me fo bug details